Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did your partner surprise you with a vaccine stance that differed from your own?
Yes 2 8.00%
No 23 92.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By Keith
  • 2 Post By Paige_H
  • 2 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 2 Post By DeathInGrasp
  • 1 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 1 Post By DeathInGrasp
  • 2 Post By starscream
  • 2 Post By DeathInGrasp

Old 01-28-2022, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3495: Good Cop/Bad Cop

Keith and Chemda are here to close out the week with some exciting stories about actor Michael Rapaport becoming a Rite Aid security chief, a real life Weekend at Bernie’s situation, Neil Young vs. Joe Rogan, anti-vaxx superheroes, China’s movie magic, Keith reviewing Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project, and the end of social media anonymity.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl, Paige_H and Christ Why like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I am so excited for the marathon! The line-up sounds awesome! I took the day off and am so ready for the KATG 2022 Marathon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Luckily Mr Apia and I are on the same page when it comes to Covid.
I think if it isn’t like this there is huge break up potential.

But Mr Apia used to make fun of me because of this fact:
Until March 11 2020 ( I know it because it’s my birthday and also the day the WHO said Covid is a pandemic) I hoped it wouldn’t be so bad and expressed that maybe the media made this too big.

Of course it was wrong but again : March 11 2020.
It was pure hope on my side, I knew if it was really true what people said it could be really bad. And it was. On that day I broke down and accepted the facts.
The Girl and shoebootie like this.
Old 01-29-2022, 08:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Sweet Mr Apia reminded me multiple times that I refused to believe it was really bad. And my answer is always, true, until 3-11-2020.

That’s still good and it’s not that I claimed it was not dangerous. I just hoped that maybe it would somehow not explode.
Like with swine flu.
It seemed bad but in the end it wasn’t as bad as imagined.

But no such luck this time.

Last edited by Apia resurrected; 01-29-2022 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
Sweet Mr Apia reminded me multiple times that I refused to believe it was really bad. And my answer is always, true, until 3-11-2020.

That’s still good and it’s not that I claimed it was not dangerous. I just hoped that maybe it would somehow not explode.
Like with swine flu.
It seemed bad but in the end it wasn’t as bad as imagined.

But no such luck this time.
I was this way too, I thought it may just be a bad flu and also thought it wouldn’t take off like this in the USA. I hoped it was a potential big threat that the media played out bigger than it would be, and that it would peter out from the public’s attention like Africanized hornets and West Nile virus.
The Girl and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathInGrasp View Post
I was this way too, I thought it may just be a bad flu and also thought it wouldn’t take off like this in the USA. I hoped it was a potential big threat that the media played out bigger than it would be, and that it would peter out from the public’s attention like Africanized hornets and West Nile virus.
I think its OK to think it at first, the media loves to scare us.
I'm also 100% sure if this covid is over one day we will read headlines like:
"A new virus discovered in Russia. Is a new pandemic starting and it's even worse? "
For the rest of our lives.

I was willing to see that it was so bad when there were facts supporting it.
When the WHO called it a pandemic it convinced me immediately.
DeathInGrasp likes this.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
I think its OK to think it at first, the media loves to scare us.
I'm also 100% sure if this covid is over one day we will read headlines like:
"A new virus discovered in Russia. Is a new pandemic starting and it's even worse? "
For the rest of our lives.

I was willing to see that it was so bad when there were facts supporting it.
When the WHO called it a pandemic it convinced me immediately.
Same. A few weeks into March my (and everyone’s) life changed and I believed the news.
Apia resurrected likes this.
Old 02-15-2022, 10:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I might be just starting to see this problem.

My girlfriend never got vaccinated. At first because she has a heart condition and doctors told her not to get it, I assume because there was no information on her particular situation. Then I think she probably stopped asking. But either way, she was genuinely afraid of what it would do to her and certainly not against anyone else getting it.

But I came home last week to find Jordan Peterson on TV, she was watching some video. I've watched Tucker Carlson and such before, because it can be funny, so I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

Then I saw "Joe Rogan Podcast" in my search history. (Which goes toward showing what a boon Neil Young created for Spotify.)

And now that RFK book about how Anthony Fauci is evil is in the house.

Yikes.

At least we're not married.
The Girl and SpareBen like this.
Old 02-15-2022, 12:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
I might be just starting to see this problem.

My girlfriend never got vaccinated. At first because she has a heart condition and doctors told her not to get it, I assume because there was no information on her particular situation. Then I think she probably stopped asking. But either way, she was genuinely afraid of what it would do to her and certainly not against anyone else getting it.

But I came home last week to find Jordan Peterson on TV, she was watching some video. I've watched Tucker Carlson and such before, because it can be funny, so I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

Then I saw "Joe Rogan Podcast" in my search history. (Which goes toward showing what a boon Neil Young created for Spotify.)

And now that RFK book about how Anthony Fauci is evil is in the house.

Yikes.

At least we're not married.
Yikes indeed.

I can’t imagine having a heart condition and being afraid of a vaccine with infinitesimally small risk, and in turn preferring to risk getting COVID which statistically is so much more likely to be deadly. The disconnect logically is really something. Good luck.
The Girl and SpareBen like this.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

Sorry to hear this - I've been somewhat indulgent in listening to both sides too, but have been pushed further to the left by the carelessness of right-wing media regarding vaccines. The worst part is that it becomes almost like a religious belief - you can't reason someone out of this if all the "news" they're taking in is telling them the same thing. The only thing I can suggest is appealing to emotion by somehow having her exposed to people who regret making the choice to avoid vaccines.