Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever had sex in a car?
Yes 20 80.00%
No 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree43Likes

Old 06-13-2022, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3549: Don’t Jump Around w/ Rod Morrow

Rod Morrow joins Keith and Chemda to help discuss it all: Johnny Depp celebrates his court win drunk, SNL’s Horatio Sanz sued for sexually assaulting a teenager since age 15, and a woman was awarded $5.2 million against GEICO for contracting HPV in a GEICO-insured car. Boston is trying out subway pee sensors, and a Mexican town’s footbridge collapsed during its inaugural stroll causing the dignitaries to crash into the water. The mayor blames it on people jumping on the bridge before the walk.

Guest:
Rod Morrow

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Paige_H like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Just saw the show load into my podcast app and saw Rod was the guest. Let's gooo
Old 06-13-2022, 11:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Jumping on shit

A few years ago I was staying at a new hotel that had just opened. One night I shared an elevator with a bunch of drunk people who proceeded to jump in the elevator as it moved. We got stuck for over an hour and had to be rescued by the Fire Department. The elevator was stuck between floors and we had to be lifted one by one from a gap that was only 2 feet high. Between my experience and hearing about that rickety ass bridge I think I’ll try to stay away from “brand new” structures for a while.
Old 06-14-2022, 12:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Rod told us on his show that he avoided getting covid from a positive person who was in the same room for the day by wearing a mask.
Rod! I hoped you would tell this to Chemda.
rodimusprime and Steph like this.
Old 06-14-2022, 12:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
Rod told us on his show that he avoided getting covid from a positive person who was in the same room for the day by wearing a mask.
Rod! I hoped you would tell this to Chemda.
I did but it may have been after we stopped recording on the record.
Apia resurrected likes this.
Old 06-14-2022, 12:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I did but it may have been after we stopped recording on the record.
Im glad to be the podcast police.
( in a nice way. Rod is the best. THE BEST)
rodimusprime and Paige_H like this.
Old 06-14-2022, 08:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Info on masks

Hi Chemda!
You have said a couple of times now on the show that wearing a mask protects other people but not the person wearing the mask. I understand why you think this, as at the beginning of the pandemic this was information that went around, largely because high-quality masks were not available, so everyone wearing one was really important. However, it is now known that a high-quality, well-fitting N-95 or KN-95 mask protects the wearer very well. That is what doctors have done for a long time, pre-pandemic, worn masks to protect themselves even when potentially contagious patients don't.

Here is a recent article for reference: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/31/b...-us-covid.html

Here is a good source of high-quality masks: https://www.projectn95.org/

Me and my family are often the only ones wearing masks everywhere we go. We are also almost the only people I know who have not had Covid! I am definitely more cautious than most people because in my medical practice I see so many people with Long Covid, both vaccinated and not vaccinated, with and without "underlying conditions."

I am not telling you what to do, just wanted to correct the misinformation that wearing a mask doesn't protect the person wearing it, because it has been shown conclusively that wearing the right kind of mask in the right way is very protective. Dealing mentally with being the only weirdo wearing a mask is another story - but I am used to being the weirdo .

xoxo
Old 06-18-2022, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph View Post
Hi Chemda!
You have said a couple of times now on the show that wearing a mask protects other people but not the person wearing the mask. I understand why you think this, as at the beginning of the pandemic this was information that went around, largely because high-quality masks were not available, so everyone wearing one was really important. However, it is now known that a high-quality, well-fitting N-95 or KN-95 mask protects the wearer very well. That is what doctors have done for a long time, pre-pandemic, worn masks to protect themselves even when potentially contagious patients don't.

Here is a recent article for reference: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/31/b...-us-covid.html

Here is a good source of high-quality masks: https://www.projectn95.org/

Me and my family are often the only ones wearing masks everywhere we go. We are also almost the only people I know who have not had Covid! I am definitely more cautious than most people because in my medical practice I see so many people with Long Covid, both vaccinated and not vaccinated, with and without "underlying conditions."

I am not telling you what to do, just wanted to correct the misinformation that wearing a mask doesn't protect the person wearing it, because it has been shown conclusively that wearing the right kind of mask in the right way is very protective. Dealing mentally with being the only weirdo wearing a mask is another story - but I am used to being the weirdo .

xoxo
N95 has less transmission because people don't touch them as much with their hands. It is the touch vector not the aerosol vector that changes. The large particles in the air (very small portion of transmission) that all masks stop but it is the behavior of the wearer that changes the different mask transmission rates based on how often they are dipping their hands in the concentrated mucus, blood, spit rag on their face. Without a mask that stuff falls with gravity and generally falls harmlessly, there is still a touch vector here but far smaller concentration to dip hands into to spread.

Good rule of thumb if you can smell through the mask it won't stop aerosol transmission. More accurate - if you can breath through it without a tank or pressure difference it won't stop aerosol.
Old 06-19-2022, 10:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordcharonmir View Post
Good rule of thumb if you can smell through the mask it won't stop aerosol transmission. More accurate - if you can breath through it without a tank or pressure difference it won't stop aerosol.
I prefer this rule of thumb:

If a weirdo is caught creating fake accounts on a forums, you don’t take anything they say seriously and pity the weird clown they are.
Old 06-20-2022, 12:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoTitty View Post
I prefer this rule of thumb:

If a weirdo is caught creating fake accounts on a forums, you don’t take anything they say seriously and pity the weird clown they are.
Good rule. What "weirdo" was "caught" and by who? What are you talking about?