Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you cook?
Yes 23 74.19%
No 8 25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree26Likes

Old 11-08-2023, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3741: I Love You... But Your Music Sucks w/ Casey James Salengo

Casey James Salengo returns to discuss his new podcast with his wife Courtney Maginnis and the ins and outs of podcasting with a significant other. The trio also discusses Election Day 2023 results, America standing up for abortion rights, and the return of Central Park Karen.

Guest:
Casey James Salengo

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Oh my poor little heart. My heart and my stomach dropped watching the kickstarter video

It's not even April. Tell me this is some sick April fools joke.
bonscott1, thirteen and swiggy like this.
Old 11-08-2023, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Also that Tiers/tears Bar Chris rapped was flames �� had me losing my mind like that one Supa hot fire gif

Last edited by Svage; 11-08-2023 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2023, 05:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I just saw the kickstarter video.

I’ve been listening since 2005 when a friend of mine introduced me to the world of podcasting. Chemda & KATG has been one constant in my life – longer than anything else. I’m happy for Chemda & excited that she’s found a calling that speaks loudly, but I can’t lie that like many of us, we’ll be processing "all the tings" for the next little bit. Thank you so much Chemda for being open & letting me a fly on the wall during your KATG journey.

BUT...

The real void is only gonna happen in March. Until then, I’mma enjoy every minute of new uploads & extra cherish my VIP membership’s back catalogue.

L’chaim

Swiggy - She/Her/elle
Old 11-08-2023, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I am sad but understand. How many people can say that they’ve been in the same job for 20 years, a job they helped create and thrive. A job that helped budding comedians grow their audience and to be known as one of the pioneers of podcasting. Thank you Chemda for everything you have done the past 20 years. Y’all have been a big part of my life so it’ll take some adjusting. But-I’ll just take it one minute at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Girl and bonscott1 like this.
Old 11-08-2023, 06:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

HOLY SHIT! I'm a few episodes behind and I just pledged and read the comments in this thread before watching the video on kickstarter. I thought the whole show was ending, so I'm relieved now. I'm going to miss Chemda being on the show, but I'm happy that the show will continue. I agree that the new cohost should be a woman so there can be a different perspective to balance out Keith's. I don't envy Keith having to make the decision of who's going to be the next cohost. Chemda's leaving some pretty massive shoes to fill.

Again, holy shit. What a bomb to drop.
Much love to Chemda.
Much love to Keith.
The Girl and ThePinkSuperhero like this.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

ok I'm throwing my hat in the ring. Just a few things:

1) I'm wayy too shy to talk into a microphone.

2) I'm not funny

3) Eye contact makes me poop

4) There's 'The smell'

5) Podcasting is for nerds

Seriously though, Chemda's been a part of my listening routine (and life!) for about 20 years. I wish her nothing but the best going forward and I'm going to miss her laughter and the banter she's shared with us over the years.

Much love!

Woot
Old 11-09-2023, 09:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I just saw the kickstart video and donated but holy cow. This feels like the end of an era. I stumbled across KATG as a very religious and conservative 18-year-old in 2009. KATG was a key part in exposing me to new viewpoints that led to me becoming a moderate agnostic.

Lots of good memories including road-tripping out to the LA live show in 2015 and meeting a lot of people I knew from chat and the forums in person. I've drifted away from being a daily listener but this feels so surreal. I'm interested to see where Keith takes this without Chemda and appreciate all of the years of entertainment Chemda provided.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Did you schedule Casey James Salengo, again for a big a drop? If memory services Casy helped console us when Keith's divorce, was dropped. Then again for Chemda's divorce. I felt like he was almost told at the end of the show, but was told to watch the kickstarter video. For the record, I enjoy Casey and his tales
The Girl likes this.
Old 11-19-2023, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Bittersweet news. Chemda helped pioneer and build something that was a lot of unknown and she's going to do it again. I'm very sad about the change, but very happy Chemda is doing what she needs to.

Can we see if we can entice her to continue showing up for once a week for Chu & A until every episode is covered? We can 100% get her for another 19 years on that alone.
Keith and The Girl like this.