Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you return the $1,250 as kindly requested?
Yes 3 20.00%
No 12 80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 1 Post By mxmalloryjane
  • 1 Post By littlp
  • 1 Post By shoebootie
  • 2 Post By XenoTitty
  • 4 Post By bluenova
  • 1 Post By Keith

Old 01-22-2024, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3766: Something to Cry About

Keith and Chemda discuss the dangers of working with olive oil, the 2024 NFL playoffs featuring Jason Kelce, a girl that’s allergic to her own sweat and tears, an airline passenger that got locked in the bathroom, and the return of ancient viruses thanks to global warming.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 04:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yesterday a news station on Vancouver Island had a graphic advertising the Super Bowl and it read, “Reba McEntire, Usher, and Post Malone are slated to perform at San Francisco 49ers & Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl match-up on February 11.” Apparently this has "NFL conspiracy theorists stirred up in a frenzy that this year’s Super Bowl may be rigged in the 49ers’ favor."

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article...t-18619255.php
The Girl likes this.
Old 01-22-2024, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Just get a couch cover. They are fairly cheap and great idea to have when you have parties in general.

Limited-time deal: Easy-Going Stretch Sofa Slipcover 1-Piece Sofa Cover Furniture Protector Couch Soft with Elastic Bottom for Kids, Polyester Spandex Jacquard Fabric Small Checks (Sofa, Black) https://a.co/d/0jyGmYk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith likes this.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Yeah I worked on it and it doesn’t look good. Who here has slip covers, and what are you hiding?
Old 01-23-2024, 09:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm gonna get a rep as the laundry queen, but here is my go-to for getting out oil stains. This works on clothing, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on a couch. Good for new stains or already set in stains that have been washed and dried.

Mix one part baking soda, one part Dawn dish soap, and 2 parts hydrogen peroxide. Scrub into your stain then wash (if it's clothes), or use a water and a towel on your couch. Repeat if necessary (if it's clothes, and you put into the wash, take it out and if you still see the stain, use this treatment again instead of putting into the dryer).
Keith likes this.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
Just get a couch cover. They are fairly cheap and great idea to have when you have parties in general.

Limited-time deal: Easy-Going Stretch Sofa Slipcover 1-Piece Sofa Cover Furniture Protector Couch Soft with Elastic Bottom for Kids, Polyester Spandex Jacquard Fabric Small Checks (Sofa, Black) https://a.co/d/0jyGmYk

Damn I was on my way to recommend that!
Old 01-23-2024, 04:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I use a sheet to cover my couch. The only thing I’m hiding is my nice couch from my filthy dog

Keith and Khylee like this.
Old 01-23-2024, 07:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

I read rich dad poor dad and I was put off when I read the part about the business owner screwing his employee and it being framed as a "positive" and clever thing to be against the people you employ.

I listened to Dave Ramsey for years and he originally inspired me to get debt free asap. Then I started listening to people that were critical of his method and then revealing of him as a person. I thought he was an open-minded religious person based on his show, but I learned he has fired at least 3 employees who become pregnant or got someone pregnant out of wedlock. His argument is that since pre-marital sex is against his religious values and because he's fired a guy for having a baby outside of marriage, it's not discrimination. Then Hogan, one of his top public facing employees, was outed for cheating on his wife. His wife said Dave Ramsey knew for at least 2 years and tried to intimidate people and cover it up. He also lost a lawsuit for pressuring an employee to resign after she came out as a lesbian. He was against masks and working remotely too. As an individual, I have no desire to support him and I don't listen to him anymore.

For his financial advice, I would just listen to people who don't agree to just have a good understanding potential flaws and if it might not work for you. I think the investing and insurance advice is good. Especially with how expensive hospitals and lawsuits are.

The attitude and intensity of getting debt free was a negative for me. It's very much a "work your ass off and have no life until you get out of debt" mentality, and if you do that for over a year, it can shape what your brain values, can cause depression, and hurt your health. If I wasn't spending my time making money and instead relaxed or enjoyed something, I felt like I was wasting time. It took a year after getting debt free to stop feeling pain when I spent money.

KATG was literally one of the few things I could really enjoy during that time because I could listen while I worked and it helped make work easier. I did NOT feel guilty for getting VIP once I was debt free because the KATG provided so much value for me..... and it was already bonkers to get such a good show provided for free for so many years.
Old 02-18-2024, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Sorry if I missed it but did we ever get a couch update? Did the spot get cleaned or did everyone just stand the whole party.
Old 02-19-2024, 05:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I poured olive oil on the rest of it. No one had a clue.
XenoTitty likes this.