Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you tell a close friend that their partner was cheating?
Yes 8 80.00%
No 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree13Likes
  • 6 Post By critter2003
  • 1 Post By Chris5280
  • 2 Post By shoebootie
  • 3 Post By shoebootie
  • 1 Post By bluenova

Old 03-06-2024, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3789: Connections w/ Carrie Gravenson and Danny Vega

Danny Vega brings us another batch of Am I the Assholes?, and Carrie Gravenson helps the gang by viciously judging strangers’ personal lives.

Guests:
Carrie Gravenson

Danny Vega

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 02:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda we're going to miss you! Thank you for so many years of laughs and all the best with OMAT.

Having said that, if you ever feel like pulling a Jon Stewart and coming back to the show, I think we'd all welcome you back. Even if it's like next week or something...

Love you both! Peace, Love and KatG!
Keith, The Girl, thirteen and 3 others like this.
Old 03-07-2024, 10:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

The cake talk! I spent $50 on an ice cream birthday cake the other day. I had to pack it in ice in a cooler to survive a 2 hour wait in the car until dinner ended. The restaurant we went to had a $35 "cake fee" to let us eat the melting cake there.

When 6 people are trying to eat ice cream cake before it melts in literally 10 minutes... worth the price lol
The Girl likes this.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The mother got mad at HER SISTER for eating almost-stale old party cake at her house? Where she was babysitting for next to nothing?

The mother is RUDE and a shitty sister. Even if my babysitter was not family, for the love of god you are the reason I have a child free evening out, EAT ALL THE CAKE. My home and fridge are open to you. Going to town on all the snacks n food is fine. I always make sure I leave plenty of snacks for my sitter, the kiddo, and I order them dinner before I leave.

Pay well, tip well, leave lots of snacks.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 03-07-2024, 01:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Wordle rules.
Old 03-07-2024, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Also, gotta play a round of "guess the race" on the cake lady - they're white for sure. (not even considering the pounds/euro thing) No ethnic person would be MAD that they have fed a guest in their home.
Keith, The Girl and Svage like this.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Danny should comment on the AITA podcast post and tell them he covered it on this episode and that they should play it in the space. How surreal and incredibly passive aggressive would that be for the complainer to hear. XD

Hearing talking while trying to concentrate on technical art that needs a lot of mental energy is very distracting. I even can't have podcasts or shows playing for myself, just ambient background music that's not distracting. It's also hard for some people who have ADHD or similar. In general, I don't think you should force your sounds on other people in public spaces meant for work, but the band being able to practice changes it to a space where sound is to be expected. They should talk to the owners about solutions and try earplugs/noise cancelling headphones. If none of that works, then stop paying to work there and find something else.

In regards to Dakota, I think Ryan Reynolds response to his Green Lantern and his first Deadpool show a more beneficial way to look at a movie that did poorly. He did say why he thought it was bad, which was too many people working on it and trying to solve it with money on special effects instead of story. He also praised the crew and cast for doing amazing work though.

In a more recent interview about Green Lantern, he said " It was not a feeling I wanted to repeat. So I really spent the following years just owning as much as I could, it was the only way to kind of process it.”

And now he has two very fun Deadpool movies and I'm looking forward to the next.
Keith likes this.