Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums KATGtv

Old 12-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #41 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

He has a simlar attitude. I think that the issue is not being offended by mean criticism but being ver loud about it and outing any knee jerk emotion you feel. That makes whoever look like a weirdo.

At the Q&A he was literaly saying "i love you man" to a guy, and then after a little critique about "Clerks 2" or whatever he went on a rampage callin his own fan "Fat slobs with no life, that have nothing but goin' on the net and insulting others"

He keeps on saying that he's insecure, has a deep hatred for crticism and a loud mouth.

I can see the problem there... But as Mosier tells him "Stop reading the internet comments" (and as he answer: "I cant!")
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I can see the problem there... But as Mosier tells him "Stop reading the internet comments" (and as he answer: "I cant!")
Again, I'm on board with Smith. I can totally understand why "stop reading comments" is unrealistic advice. It's like telling a gambling addict to just stop gambling. For some people it just doesn't work that way.

In my case, my computer doesn't have an internet connection. I've gotta go to a different room in the house, and if no one else is using it, then I can hop on the internet for a few minutes.

And it works a lot better for me. Having constant access just led to torment and trouble. Being known on the internet is a weird social position to have. It gives me a buzz when someone says something nice, but makes me upset when someone says something mean. Eventually I just got tired of fighting with myself, and putting a literal block between myself and the internet has so far been the only realistic way to keep myself from checking up on my online status all the time. I know it's not very cool, but I gotta accept the limitations of my personality.

It's common for people to say, "So what if people talk on the internet? Why do you care?" But a lot of people around the world know who I am now, through KATG, and I don't think my particular mixture of self-esteem and self-doubt was prepared to deal with the criticism that can come from that.

I'm sure that makes me sound like a mega-wimp, but to paraphrase Nine Inch Nails: "Don't tell me social power can't corrupt a person / You haven't had enough to know what it's like"

Of course, that's not aimed at you, Junkenstein. I think you're delightful!
Old 12-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I always thought it was either Chemda or Patrice.
They mentioned on the show one time that it wasn't Chemda or Patrice.

and I'm not apologizing for "being a fucking liar." I'll say I was wr... wr... wr... incorrect (and wrong). But I wasn't a fucking liar.

Keith told the story about the 4 pills on the show in greater detail. It was a while back.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleNarrator View Post
Keith told the story about the 4 pills on the show in greater detail. It was a while back.
In the show but not in the stand-up. Case closed. Now keith has to decide if he accepts your apology.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #45 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Is there a plan to release this on iTunes? Or would that require the Dan Allen Super Sound Edition? I think a comedy EP would be great trend to start. And it's always nice to have bits in separate tracks for shuffling and such.

Also, McNally, please don't ever use any kind of digital zoom like Spooky suggested. Not because Spooky suggested it, though that ought to be reason enough, but because it never ever looks right.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #46 (permalink)

Image quality does degrade really quickly once a zoom is used, but you can usually get away with it for things that are web resolution, if you really need to crop something. HD is sweet for that, because you get some wiggle room before everything goes to shit. For things going to dvd it's a definite no-no, which is why the KATG Live in Atlanta is formatted differently on dvd than it is as a download. For the download I zoomed around a bit, but for the dvd that woulda looked rough.

Last edited by McNally; 12-12-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:46 AM   #47 (permalink)

Word on the street is that M.U.A.H. (Mic-stands United Against Humans) will sue him for a babillion dollars. Plus it was a black mic-stand and Rev Sharpton supports it as hate crime.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #48 (permalink)

I'm way behind in my KATG DVD watching, but now I gotta see this Sacapuntas vid. I have no idea why Spooky would think that McNally could magically change camera angles after the fact. Maybe if he had Lucasfilms level of equipment, or if Sacapuntas was shot in that Matrix 360-degree camera shit. Otherwise he has three existing angles to pick from.

I enjoyed reading McNally's quick rundown of the process, dumping the trash, bad angles, lighting, etc. The most I've ever edited is short storm-chasing video. It's bad when you cuss at your own self for shaking and pointing in the wrong direction....
Old 12-12-2009, 09:50 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trashy View Post
I'm way behind in my KATG DVD watching, but now I gotta see this Sacapuntas vid. I have no idea why Spooky would think that McNally could magically change camera angles after the fact.
I think Spooky just forgot that McNally now only does editing, and thought he was in charge of shooting the thing.

C'mon Trashy, i know you're doin it on purpose.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trashy View Post
It's bad when you cuss at your own self for shaking and pointing in the wrong direction....
I do that all the time, like my brain is segmented into different parts. If I record some half-assed audio, I get annoyed when I try to edit it. "What kinda jerk off recorded this? This sucks!"