Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums What's My Name

What's My Name The Girl's show

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!
 
The Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 1,244
30: Emergency!

Jeff Jowdy talks about his experience with life and death as an Emergency Room Technician.

disconnectredistribute


This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!
 

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 12-13-2012 at 10:55 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
BrianAlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 4,675
I love the What's My Name Show. Chemda's interview style is serious while still being entertaining and feels comfortable with joking around now and then. These are rare qualities of an interviewer. Most can't pull off all three. Bravo, Chemda!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Rommorwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 23
Chemda did a good job with this episode. At first the guest seemed a little bit closed, like he didn't want to talk about certain things, but Chemda seemed to ask the right questions to open him up in a nice and interesting way. Love the What's My Name Show!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 11,831
It's the best, right? I love that too. Chemda was always able to open the most closed of pistachio shells, and people are no different.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
BrianAlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 4,675
True. I love pistachios.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Bucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 3,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommorwen View Post
Chemda did a good job with this episode. At first the guest seemed a little bit closed, like he didn't want to talk about certain things, but Chemda seemed to ask the right questions to open him up in a nice and interesting way. Love the What's My Name Show!
To me it seemed like Jeff had an idea in his head of the best way to tell his story but the way Chemda was proceeding, jumping to the end at the start like one of those movies Keith hates, wasn't jiving with that, so Jeff reset the conversation a couple of times for it to play out right. It wasn't that he was hiding things per se, it was that the reveals should come near the end of a story, not the beginning, and he was working to that.

In fact near the end of the episode he even says he's been studying storytelling or something and it immediately clicked for me why he'd seemed so determined to lay it out in a predetermined narrative. And it worked. Many inteviews, like documentaries, work best when there is that sense of narrative to them.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Rommorwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
To me it seemed like Jeff had an idea in his head of the best way to tell his story but the way Chemda was proceeding, jumping to the end at the start like one of those movies Keith hates, wasn't jiving with that, so Jeff reset the conversation a couple of times for it to play out right. It wasn't that he was hiding things per se, it was that the reveals should come near the end of a story, not the beginning, and he was working to that.

In fact near the end of the episode he even says he's been studying storytelling or something and it immediately clicked for me why he'd seemed so determined to lay it out in a predetermined narrative. And it worked. Many inteviews, like documentaries, work best when there is that sense of narrative to them.
I didn't think of it that way. Cool, now I have a reason to listen to it again.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
stulagu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 666
I really liked this show. I just helped a friend of mine have a baby and the nurse FUCKED THINGS UP and the doctor sucked, too. It really opened my eyes about how important bedside manner is and how the patient has to be their own advocate.

I wish all hospital staff had the compassion that this guest does for patients.

I think doctors and nurses would be more forthcoming if the threat of being sued wasn't looming over their heads constantly.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
I think doctors and nurses would be more forthcoming if the threat of being sued wasn't looming over their heads constantly.
Perhaps a Canadian would know if they are as they aren't subject to this threat, at least not to the degree in America.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger