Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Myka Fox & Friends

Myka Fox & Friends Myka's show

Like Tree18Likes

Old 12-31-2014, 09:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I like Ben and his CCR podcasts, especially Round Table and Last Podcast. He does seem pretty level headed and friendly, and I think his sometimes-cluelessness leads to some great stories and banter.

Glad he's not my boyfriend though.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Care to elaborate what to base that on? (yes seriously interested and not trying to start a fight or hating you you delicate little flower you)
I am a delicate flower. Thank you for noticing

Look. If Chemda wouldn't have pointed out Ben was dating Myka; I wouldn't get nasty with my comments. LPOTL is a fantastic pod. I remember leaving a glowing review on iTunes. And Ben is really funny. Certainly more so than his "won't shut the fuck up" co-host Henry Z...

Where was I? Oh yeah. Ben Kissel. Sociopath.

You know what? I'm not going to elaborate. It's a new Piff and I'm not going to get nasty. I'll just say this. Ben is really funny. What's not funny is him dating Myka.

Everything you need to know about why these two shouldn't be together is right here in this ep.
portions_for_foxes likes this.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I've never heard Roundtable. I'll have to check that out.
NilFC likes this.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
He sounds like he is decent date material...
You just like him cuz he's of German descent

This guy got busted buying jewelry...

Nope. Not gonna do it.

You know what? Maybe Ben has a really big dick. Maybe he's rich or gives Myka good career advice or something. Maybe he's good for her comedy. Like when he doesn't show up for their anniversary and Myka calls after waiting an hour for him to pick her up.

He texts her, "Oh yeah. I was getting ready for our big date but decided I'm a guy, (insert lengthy bullshit) and you know how it is, (insert another excessive novella-sized tangent ) and so yeah. I can't believe I fit this all into a text, but we're breaking up. Via text. On our anniversary. Cuz I'm normal. This is what normal people do."

Pain is good for comedy. I can see the appeal
Old 12-31-2014, 04:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post

He texts her, "Oh yeah. I was getting ready for our big date but decided I'm a guy, (insert lengthy bullshit) and you know how it is, (insert another excessive novella-sized tangent ) and so yeah. I can't believe I fit this all into a text, but we're breaking up. Via text. On our anniversary. Cuz I'm normal. This is what normal people do."

Pain is good for comedy. I can see the appeal
I want to give you the benefit of the doubt (even though your listening comprehension skills are usually abysmal) that this story was told on some other episode or podcast because it for sure was not talked about in this show ...
Old 12-31-2014, 06:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

I had no idea who Myka was dating and I had just listened to a really interesting/informative podcast where Ben was talking about Waco so I was surprised but thrilled by this episode. They seem to have an excellent rapport and seem to be very mutually supportive - Since this episode I've been downloading the Ben Kissel show and there is so much Myka!!!! It's wonderful.

I didn't know anything personal about Ben before but now I think he's pretty remarkable. He's had a really rough time and emerged intelligent, articulate, caring and sexy! What's not to like? He made mistakes dating and haven't we all.

Whoever mentioned MNIK is genius! Yes please! That would be magnificent.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
Whoever mentioned MNIK is genius!
If only there was a way you could scroll back in time & find out...
Czarveillance and Shananigans like this.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

Myka:

How did the neck pain start manifesting? I've been having some serious neck pain, but it runs to my shoulders!

You got all me worried.

Your fellow hypochondriac!
Old 01-02-2015, 01:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

He never answered why he won't call Myka his girlfriend. Great episode. I'm glad Chemda was there.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:31 PM   #20 (permalink)

Like watching a train wreck

This guy came out the gates just rambling. Loved every minute of it including the last half hour where you could tell Chemda just had enough of the bullshit and couldn't stop herself from calling him out.

Chemda, I don't think he's a liar - I think you were trying to say he does this a little too much:

Rationalization
(quoted from the Wikipedia page here: )

"In psychology and logic, rationalization or rationalisation (also known as making excuses[1]) is a defense mechanism in which controversial behaviors or feelings are justified and explained in a seemingly rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, and are made consciously tolerable – or even admirable and superior – by plausible means.[2] It is also an informal fallacy of reasoning.[3]

Rationalization encourages irrational or unacceptable behavior, motives, or feelings and often involves ad hoc hypothesizing. This process ranges from fully conscious (e.g. to present an external defense against ridicule from others) to mostly unconscious (e.g. to create a block against internal feelings of guilt). People rationalize for various reasons — sometimes when we think we know ourselves better than we do. Rationalization may differentiate the original deterministic explanation of the behavior or feeling in question.[4][5]"

The good news is it's a "mature" defense mechanism. But no defense mechanism is good if you use it too much.

This is my public service announcement for the 6 months or however often I comment. The more you know.