Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What makes Obama speaking in schools controversial?
He might have a hidden agenda with the children. 32 17.58%
People are racist - pure and simple. 150 82.42%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #21 (permalink)

The big deal about the Beatles today besides the Rock Band thing, was that their entire catalogue was released in a boxed set, remastered in stereo. (Most of the old albums were mono)

Also, I agree with Dan.
George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" is one of the greatest albums ever.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpski View Post
The big deal about the Beatles today besides the Rock Band thing, was that their entire catalogue was released in a boxed set, remastered in stereo. (Most of the old albums were mono)

Also, I agree with Dan.
George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" is one of the greatest albums ever.
I was wondering why every single high street store was playing Beatles today.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
There's no misconception, you can learn guitar in your house almost as easy as you can learn to play these games and the rewards are exponentially bigger. Playing football games is different because you can't do that alone and can't always get a game together (like when it's dark or snowing out) or maybe you're just not in shape enough to handle the real thing. And I already pointed out why playing GTA or saving the universe from technicolored aliens is different, because in real life doing those things is next to impossible. Learning guitar is a piece of piss compared to that.

And there's no hate or anger or offense about it, just bafflement, I just don't get the attraction. Why do something half-assed when the real deal is easily within reach. If a talentless dipshit like me can learn to play then anyone can.
I suppose a better example than Madden would have been Tony Hawk. Tony Hawk games have been coming out since 1999 and I never heard people go "How stupid. Doesn't that person know they could be out actually skateboarding."

I have a feeling we will start hearing people say that soon though because this is coming out:

Old 09-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
but at least with GTA I was running shit down and shooting shit up while avoiding actual medical or funeral expences.
*spit take* . . I know, pics or it dint happen, just saying . .
Quote:
Learning guitar is a piece of piss compared to that.
I'm gonna start using that, wonderfully alliterative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Wrong. They think they're really actually Guitar Heroes. They always say it makes them better musicians, even though they've never picked up a real instrument.
I know being a Tauren druid made me more full of bullshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingindie View Post
I'm sure Keith would want the women in his life to willingly open their purse to a group of five aggressive male strangers on the street, if they demand. Especially if they aren't in uniform. And obviously they should be beaten to death if they don't cooperate.
. . uh oh

my son plays drums, i got my daughter a 3/4 scale guitar when she was 11ish, taught her a couple of chords and how to read TAB, she goes and figures out songs when she wants but is not really interested in playing though she's got a good start. If GH/RB starts even a few people playing it's good . . though I do long to go "John Belushi" with a controller someday . .
John F. O'Donnel, KATG Show #1127 @01:35:33
"I will hammer-fuck you with my cock of destiny."
"The most powerful force in the universe is irony." - jdb, 1994 "Ignorance is never not arrogant." - jdb, 2007

Old 09-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #25 (permalink)

What murder case was Danny talking about? He kept mumbling through whatever H word it was so I can't Google it and there's no shownotes yet.

EDIT: Does he say Hospers? As in John Hospers?

Last edited by zappbrannigan; 09-10-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:19 AM   #26 (permalink)

Danny sounded so much like Bill Burr at times, I could've sworn i was listening to Burr's podcast.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:08 AM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
But they're not playing the game to learn an instrument, they're playing the game because they want to play a game.
Woah, ay, oh, Standardman, me old mate, me old cobber, I thought we were buddies aren't we buddy? You don't need to shout at your old buddy Bucho do you? I mean, maybe you misunderstood me because you think I need to explain shit better but that doesn't mean we're not buddies anymore does it?

Here's what I'm saying. I get the attraction of computer games just fine, it's just that some games are senseless to me because one pretends to do something that's not incredible like blowing shit up is or driving a Formula One car is or flying spaceships is. Playing a real instrument is pretty cool but it's something millions of ordinary people do all the time so pretending to do it seems like a pointless use of gametime when there are a babillion games already that let you play at extraordinary things.

So when these peeps want to play a game like this one to me it's like saying, "I didn't want to ride my bike I want to play a game so I choose a game where I ride a bike instead of one where I destroy Nazis." What's the point of choosing ordinary when you could choose extraordinary just as easily? That's what I don't get.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:10 AM   #28 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I had to rewind and listen twice to make sure I heard you correct. My daughter is a 6th grader in AISD.

I have no idea why they chose not to show the speech.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You shouldn't mess with these bearded Greenpeace dudes, aren't they the crazy fucks who take boats out into the wild open ocean and drive their boats so that they get in between massive harpoons and massive whales? The next-door neighbour murderer wasn't the only lucky escape for Danny Lobell.

Also, I heard that scientific confirmation of the sub-25 year old brain being underdeveloped a few months ago and I would've sworn I heard it on the show. I think I've just listened to so much KATG now that I just assume most of the news I remember hearing comes from the show, whether it does or not.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:02 AM   #30 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingindie View Post
I'm sure Keith would want the women in his life to willingly open their purse to a group of five aggressive male strangers on the street, if they demand. Especially if they aren't in uniform. And obviously they should be beaten to death if they don't cooperate.
Shut up. You just learned this information, you smug asshole.