Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will you buy Sarah Palin's book?
Yes 6 2.80%
No 208 97.20%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

I don't know if I'm following Chemda's Scientology argument correctly -- It sounded like she was saying that the bad stuff Scientologists do and weird stuff they believe is okay, because other religions are also crazy. I don't see how that makes Scientology okay.

I don't think religious people are reasonable, and I think it's totally okay to discriminate against them in regards to who you would hire to help with your business. Being religious is not a sign of having a level head, and certainly not a sign that you could rely on someone to act responsibly.

The other, more established religions have been around for ages; they aren't going away and we basically have to put up with them. But when a new group of yahoos shows up I definitely don't see why they automatically deserve to be treated with respect and understanding. They made up a bunch of crazy shit and I think it's okay to tell them to go fuck themselves. If, 2000 years from now, Scientology is gone as opposed to being an established religion, the human race will be better off. The same would have been true of judaism, christianity, the whole lot.

Religious persecution: It's just better for everybody. Except the religious, but fuck 'em. They're jerk offs.

Last edited by McNally; 09-30-2009 at 09:04 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

Keith, the ESSENTIAL Pink Floyds Albums are:

The Wall (You Got it)

Dark Side of the Moon (You Got that)

Animals

Wish You Were Here

Those four albums feature the top notch songs from the band. The rest of the catalog is mostly for die-hards.

Because they have an album called Ummagumma that features 8 minutes of weird bird and animal noises.

And the first album, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn is the equlvalent to taking acid then making music.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

For the record... Dark side of Oz is a myth. There's videos of that on the net, and it's really more of a trip-headed coincidence. Something like the whole bunch of clues that supposedly the beatles put in their stuff.

Even the Floyd members said it's bullshit:

-Pink Floyd band members have repeatedly insisted that the reputed phenomenon is coincidence. In an interview for the 25th anniversary of the album, guitarist/vocalist David Gilmour denied that the album was intentionally written to be synchronized with Oz, saying "Some guy with too much time on his hands had this idea of combining Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon"- Quote from wiki
Old 09-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #14 (permalink)

On Palin's book: personaly i wouldnt buy it but simply because i wouldnt buy any book written by a politician. I dont really care for any of that.

That said, i feel that the kind of readers that would buy her book are the same that buy Ann Coulter's stuff. And she's a best-selling writer.

That includes people who agree with her (a good number) but also the ones who are willing to spend money "to see what the dummy says". Otherwise why all politically controversial figures keep selling books?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

Thumbs up Made More Smart By Listening

Heya! I am a new listener because of the "Podcasts that will make you smarter" I immediately listened to the Cum like a Man episode, and being gay, I think that fey cum sounds are a pretty big turn off.

But aside from that I think I am now a tad smarter for listening and look forward to listening to future episodes daily.

Best,

Kenny
Old 09-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naberdy View Post
How many other religions have done something like that?

The FLDS has a practice it calls "bleeding the beast." Because the multiple wives are not legally married but have a zillion kids, they are all generally eligible for welfare. Welfare fraud amongst these groups is HUGE. And the elders take all the money they get to buy shit like helicopters.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaftK View Post
Heya! I am a new listener because of the "Podcasts that will make you smarter" I immediately listened to the Cum like a Man episode, and being gay, I think that fey cum sounds are a pretty big turn off.

But aside from that I think I am now a tad smarter for listening and look forward to listening to future episodes daily.

Best,

Kenny
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you and welcome to the forums!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

I think my best advice for mushrooms would be that if you have an upset stomach (diarrhea) then don't do mushrooms. Even if you it's a planned shroomin' time you must avoid it. Bathrooms are not a good place to spend a good amount of time while shrooming. I spent way too much time in the bathroom because I thought I was in the hospital and I was trying to "play it cool". There was too much hospital staff and cops walking around and all I wanted to do was get back to my friends. Eventually I'd remember that I was in a bathroom, but I spent about an hour and fifteen minutes in the bathroom last time I did shrooms.

I've got plenty of great mushroom, acid, and E stories. While that one is by far my worst experience it was still pretty good. Plus there was an ice storm that night and my friend lived in a wooded area, fucking amazing.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #19 (permalink)

I never had stomach problems with shrooms. But if one does not have the right mindset about them they could be a harsh trip, like most of mind altering drugs. Then again, it depends on the person.

There were times where i could get extra-paranoid with simple weed, other times where i did coke and all i got was a raging hard-on and an extreme sense of lucidity (where everyone was freaking out). I never could do LSD, others had it like it was nothing.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorGradStudent View Post
I have the sinking feeling that Palins book will come with crayons.
Haha I thought the exact same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
On Palin's book: personaly i wouldnt buy it but simply because i wouldnt buy any book written by a politician. I dont really care for any of that.

That said, i feel that the kind of readers that would buy her book are the same that buy Ann Coulter's stuff. And she's a best-selling writer.

That includes people who agree with her (a good number) but also the ones who are willing to spend money "to see what the dummy says". Otherwise why all politically controversial figures keep selling books?
Being a best-selling writer doesn't mean shit anymore. Look at Twilight. Among the poorest-written books I have ever read, and Stephenie Meyer is a multi-millionaire best-selling writer. All that matters is that the writer find his or her audience and cater to them, which Meyer, Coulter, and unfortuntely, Palin will do.