Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should 22-year-old Tommy beat up his high school bully?
Yes; time for a little comeuppance. Better late than never. 41 25.95%
No; there’s a statute of limitations when it comes to bullies. 117 74.05%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

I'm loving your take on baseball, it makes me like maybe all these baseball fans are the retards and I'm right. I've gotten in arguments and nearly come to blows over my contention that baseball is gay and not even a sport. 50% of the game the players are sitting down, and that's when they're on offense. Then the other 40% of the time they're just standing there doing nothing if not still just sitting. It's completely ridiculous, the only one on the field that even consider to be an athlete is the pitcher.

I'm not saying baseball is easy or that anyone can do, it takes a ridiculous amount of skill to be a pro but so does billiards. Baseball is not a sport, baseball players are not athletes, end of story.

As for the Wrestlers vs MMA guys, that's just stupid. MMA fighters train in wrestling and a shit ton of them went from wrestling to MMA. Like Brock Lesnar is the most noteable of these as the was NCAA Heavyweight Champ, however the list goes on and on. The number of guys who were NCAA champs, all-american wrestlers and Olympic wrestlers in MMA is crazy. In fact from the recent Olympic team had two guys are now competing in MMA, most importantly Ben Askren. Not sure if you fully understood that.

Last edited by King of Assholes; 11-03-2009 at 12:10 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

Paranormal Activity

Enough with the hate on this movie, I can see keith hating No Country for old men because he actually saw it.

I thought that Paranormal Activity was a legitimately good horror movie, it was able to be "Scary" without having to rely on too many boo moments that most horror movies have.

Not to sound like a film asshole, but I think the hate on this movie comes from its popularity, if movies like Dark Knight and No Country didn't get as popular as they did people wouldn't hate on them so hard.

What makes the 11,000-15,000 budget a big deal is that its another example of how you don't need cutting edge special effects or, as Keith calls them, celebutards that cost millions of dollars to make a successful movie.

Also, for people who thought then ending was stupid their are 2 endings, one wich is leaps and bounds better then the other (The Crappy ending is the one thats probably being shown in most theaters, its a BOO moment that is the opposite of everything else in the movie was doing and added on by the executives at the end because it was "cooler")
Old 11-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My main problem with "Paranormal Activity" is that it has brought back the whole "Homemade cam" horror movement, that i simply find cheap and boring, with few exceptions.

Apparently after this movie's success, somebody's already planning a "Blair Witch 3", done in the same way of the first.

It's an easy way to make "scary" movies, and an easy way to film stuff if you've got no filming skills ("It looks like it was filmed by a shitty caneraman with shitty lighting because it's SUPPOSED to be that way" Ridiculous and pathetic.)

"Evil Dead" had a ridiculous budget but it was filmed in an amazing way.

ADD: that "audience is scared" thing was done also with the first "Final Destination" trailer. Nuff said.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 11-03-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

Keet, check out "Dhani Tackles The Globe" on Netflix. Dhani Jones is an NFL linebacker with the Bengals and he did a Travel Channel show where he goes around the globe and plays the sport of the country. In England he plays rugby and he talks about how hard it really is. It is an interesting show.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
I think the important part is, "If he tries to intimidate me again". Yeah, punch in the nose at that point is justified.
I agree with that, and that's why i voted "yes". But Keith is right. This guy probably doesnt even remember the bullied's face. That's how bullying works. You get shit from somebody bigger and stronger than you and you end up doing the same with someone smaller. But there's no revenge or justice.

Wrong vote. I apologize.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

On Paranormal activity, I think its great to have a low budget film do really well. I'm not going to see the movie because I'm not a horror movie fan, but I think it is refreshing to have some movies that don't have big name movie stars or millions of dollars pumped into outlandish special effects. It is an interesting reflection of our capitalist society:

We are placing larger and larger trust (and therefore money) into these big companies that can give us products at a lower price. At first, competition drove lower prices and more innovative features but now, with competition fading away, the bigger companies are spitting out inferior products that we are forced to consume, (e.g. anything Nic Cage has done in the last decade.)
The only way to break this cycle is to introduce more innovative products that are cost effective, forcing the hand of the larger companies, (in this case Hollywood), to take notice and produce a better product.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thangers View Post
On Paranormal activity, I think its great to have a low budget film do really well. I'm not going to see the movie because I'm not a horror movie fan, but I think it is refreshing to have some movies that don't have big name movie stars or millions of dollars pumped into outlandish special effects. It is an interesting reflection of our capitalist society:

Low budget doesnt have to mean cheap looking. Remember the old days of 70's styled horror where people like Tobe Hooper or Romero did movies that had super low budget but looked amazing and didnt resors to a third rate trick like fake amateur video?
Old 11-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

And according to the wiki page, Paramount has already announced plans for a sequel to Paranormal Activity.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #19 (permalink)

I agree with what you're saying. I'm not saying Paranormal a groundbreaking film, or that it is even a good film, I'm just saying why can't there be more low-budget films that do well? You bring up Romero which I think is an excellent point. He fathered the modern day Zombie, almost a genre onto itself on Mr. Rodger's money and with his film school pals. I'm not saying that it was done with Paranormal but its good to see a "smaller" film do well.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
I'm not saying baseball is easy or that anyone can do, it takes a ridiculous amount of skill to be a pro but so does billiards. Baseball is not a sport, baseball players are not athletes, end of story.
And the whole best of 7 is ridiculous, can somebody please talk about this, reason #876 Football is better then all the sports, one game winner take all.

You know it probably started when the first championship game was over the crybaby other team probably threw a little hissy fit and called for 2 out of 3, then 3 out of 5, and so on... (that and its a god way to suck more money out of dumbass baseball fans and get tv ratings without having to use all those expensive SHOWS with their ACTORS and PLOTS)

And the rain thing is stupid too, suck it up!