Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: A student in Algebra II ate a dead fly for a good grade from his teacher.
The teacher is more to blame. 163 74.77%
The student is more to blame. 55 25.23%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #11 (permalink)

Dat pho'kin Anna Nicole

I don't know if I hate Anna Nicole Smith because she has the same name as my ex-wife or because she is blatantly retarded. eh? It's a toss up. But it's sad to watch kids act more adult than the adult or adults they are accompanying---like to that teacher who thought it was a good idea to negotiate a grade with their student. When I was in High School, my Physics teacher threw a set of keys in the air and told me that if I could tell him all of the forces acting on those set of keys that he would give me an 'A' ---I went along with it. At least there was a lesson to be learned and I'm sure as a teacher at the end of their season, he wanted to reaffirm that all those years of teaching made a difference. But at the same time, I wasn't retarded enough to think I was going to get an instant pass in class. And that's it, kids recognize when they and/or others are acting retarded. My kid's 7 and when we go to the mall and there is a retarded kid screaming having a raging fit because their mom won't get them the new Hannah Montana outfit---my kid gives them a 'WTF' look and shakes her head.
It's wonderful because those same retarded screaming kids because become progressively more retarded adults.

Last edited by Tin Mann; 11-04-2009 at 10:18 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archicat View Post
FYI not going to lie - if a professor of mine offered me an A in a project to eat a fly, and it meant I didn't have to put in the weeks of work then hell yes, I'll eat a fly. Just pass the salt please?
Reasonable point, but if you allow yourself to do something like that for a grade, you're probably going to be one of those adults who lets their boss use them as a toilet for a raise.

The teacher is an idiot but the student is worse. Wake up kiddo, good grades are not that important.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #13 (permalink)

The Fly Thing

Its absolutely 100% teachers fault, a lot of teachers love the power trip and this guy probably jerked off to the thought that he was able to get someone to eat a fly. He's a jackass who lied to his student, I have no problem with the offer just follow though on it, if you gave this kid an A you would never worry about it again and you wouldn't be about to lose your job.

How is someone this stupid a teacher anyway, I suggest Keith's Justice. Fire him, Kill him, Hang him in town square.

Can't believe I actually got mentioned on the show, Kind of made me look like an asshole but it was cool to get a shout out anyway.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

keith a few other practial sentences you might want to know in spanish:

1. Me cago en ti (I Shit on you)

Very common saying here in Spain. They do not only shit on you but also on your mother (...en tu madre) on god (...en dios) and in the milk ( ...en la leche).

2. ¿Que hacemos Ahora? (what do we do now?)

3. Fiesta Super Fiesta!! (Party Super Party!!)

4. el regreso del pequeño bebe maricon (the return of little baby faggot)

5. keith y la chica (keith and the girl)

Anyway I hope this helps.

-Should there be a teach spanish to Keith Thread??

Last edited by spanishyoyo; 11-04-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Reasonable point, but if you allow yourself to do something like that for a grade, you're probably going to be one of those adults who lets their boss use them as a toilet for a raise.

The teacher is an idiot but the student is worse. Wake up kiddo, good grades are not that important.
It's a slippery slope I agree, but I think there are different levels to it - I don't believe it's quite that black and white. Essentially my point was that it's the teachers fault rather than the student. The teacher should be the mature one and realise that even 9th graders can be idiots (how old are 9th graders anyway?). As Keith says, until your 25 and an adult you're an idiot & your opinion is invalid.

...In which case, disregard this and my previous posts
Old 11-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg88 View Post
Its absolutely 100% teachers fault, a lot of teachers love the power trip and this guy probably jerked off to the thought that he was able to get someone to eat a fly.
Why do you think a teacher or anyone in a similar position thinks that they can make someone do such a thing? Because some idiot kid has such little self respect and is so hungry for an A that they would even let the teacher shit on their head for it. If you're a dog on the inside than dont be surprised if people treat you like one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archicat View Post
It's a slippery slope I agree, but I think there are different levels to it - I don't believe it's quite that black and white. Essentially my point was that it's the teachers fault rather than the student. The teacher should be the mature one and realise that even 9th graders can be idiots
Call me jaded, but teachers are not mature as they're supposed to be. They're just people in a position of power, little bosses who belittle students and make them do dumb stuff. In theory, they should know better, but in reality, the kid should grow up and regain their dignity. During my brief try at college, i had an history teacher that was famous for being easily "corruptable". He would give you high grades if you bought his books and donated to his fundation. If you didnt you would flunk. It's not exactly the same thing, but it worked on the same principle. As long as students allow these people to force them to degrade themselves for an A, those guys will keep on exploting their positions.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 11-04-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #17 (permalink)

What is this magical belief that somehow in school you're a 'child', totally unable to make decisions for yourself and then when you graduate you're an 'adult'?

The teacher was an immature jerk but for gods sake people, the average 9th grader is 14 years old! Either his parents have 'helicoptered' this little snowflake to the point of retardation or he's on too much Ritalin if he had any serious belief that he could fear factor his way to an A.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #18 (permalink)

Teachers are paid to teach our kids. The way I see it, this kid learned a valuable lesson about not being a clueless dumbass. Looks like he was just doing his job!

At 14 you know better. If you don't, you have bigger problems than eating flies. I do think the teacher made a bad move letting him go through with it, but it doesn't take long to eat a fly. The kid probably had it swallowed before the teacher could say it was just a joke. I don't see any reason to believe that the teacher was serious about it, I'm sure it was just a joke and the kid was too dumb to realize that. Nobody forced the kid to eat a fly, he was just a dumb kid who should have done his homework in the first place.

Last edited by Omni; 11-04-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Obviously, this teacher is dumb for thinking this wouldn't be a problem, but really, who got hurt here? Why is there anything to blame anyone with? The kid ate a fly. I think he's going to be OK. Or would have been, if he'd kept his insect-ridden mouth shut.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonik View Post
What is this magical belief that somehow in school you're a 'child', totally unable to make decisions for yourself and then when you graduate you're an 'adult'?

Legally, it's much clearer. Under 18 equals minor. Nothing magical about it.