Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If a fat fuck is spilling into your seat on a plane, would you tell an attendant?
Yes; you have to say something. 108 63.53%
No; it is what it is, and you can handle it. 62 36.47%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2009, 06:59 AM   #41 (permalink)

my mom used to wake me up with this stupid little song that belonged in a kindergarten class:

Good morning to you.
Good morning to you.
We are all in our places with sunshiny faces,
And this is the way to start a new day.

except she used a verse that mentioned birds and trees. It scarred me and sends a chill up my spine to this day...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #42 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphincterrific View Post
I think comics have a far bigger influence on language usage than anyone realizes.
BTW i thought about what you said and my inner comedy nerd has started pulsating thinking about comedians who use classic segues or opening phrases.

Maria Bamford uses the "So... Yeah" interjection a lot on their latest (great) album, which is weird cause she tends to jump from topic to topic without any problem (unlike fuckin' Robin Williams or Izzard who try to souynd like they're improvving but basically have a couple of section that they use as staples to go on with the set. Williams has the fly impression to say one)

The whole observational "What's the deal" has died after the Seinfeld fad died. Even he doesnt do it anymore.

Hicks had his own stylistic bit openers., like that magnificent "Folks!..."

The Hedberg style is very much in the vein of Steven Wright (joke, joke, pause, joke).

There's the post-Attell style that'ěs a dirty version of "you ever noticed" or "you ever tried". Stanhope did it but stopped.

But modern comedians using old 80's hackish segues are tiring. I love how guys lkike Louis CK, later Stanhope, etc have no typical se6t pace whatsoever (i heard Stanhope do the same set on 3 different nights and he changed it everytime, according to crowd reaction).

Sorry, nerdgasm. slurp. Stewart Lee is a good comic that analyses the faults in hacky comedians (he hated Izzard when everyone loved him)
Old 12-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #43 (permalink)

This show made me afraid to fly - almost.

Fortunately I don't fly much so far.

Totally agree about kids on a flight.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myq View Post
I won't get you wrong, she IS a lovely woman.

And the edge is part of her that I enjoy.

I mean, don't get ME wrong, I'd be happy to get drugs from your senators also.
They're your senators too. Maybe they'll return your calls, cos I'm trying but I keep getting form letters.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #45 (permalink)

There was a kid in my 1st grade class who had the chicken robot Myka was talking about. He brought it in for show and tell and we listened to it go off repeatedly for about 15 minutes. I will never get that song out of my memory.

In high school my mom loved to wake me up by walking into my room and singing the song "Good morning" from Singin' in the Rain, or having my dogs or little brother jump on me. Now whenever I am in that weird awake-sleep space and can sense my door opening I curl into a ball to avoid being jumped on.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:57 AM   #46 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i cannot stop hearing MORNING IT'S MORNING in my head. i 25% wish i never heard it, but 75% is so glad about this obnoxious songggggg