Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Have you been in a real physical fight?
Yes 111 56.35%
No 86 43.65%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes

Old 07-28-2010, 05:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I know it's an unpopular opinion lately, since reason prevails, but i still think that if you've never been in a fight you're probably a pussy.

Not because you have to pick fights without a reason, but because there's millions of situations that call for a physical confrontation and where "dialogue" is useless.

I hate the drunks that pick fight randomly in bars. But if you're given real hassle and you "take the high road", you're a coward.

No offense to Kyle. Happens to puss out once in a while. I'm mostly talking about those who brag about "never having fought once in their lives"

Of course getting killed is to avoid. But some people need to be punched.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 07-28-2010 at 07:17 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtballard View Post
In a draft they don't give a shit about brains they just hand you the gun and your orders
I daresay he probably means that people with skills, including computer skills etc often times are in the more technology/behind the scenes part of the army, which exists.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:31 AM   #13 (permalink)

I remember I got mugged at knife-point. Dude basically asked me for spare change I told him I didn't have any and he said "So if I check yo pockets you aint gonna have shit?" I told him I wasn't going to give him shit. He proceeded to take out a knife and point it right at my face. I had just been paid $600 cash that day and decided I'd rather just give up my ipod than my cash.

As soon as the ordeal was over I got on the subway and the entire ride home I did the exact same thing Kyle did. I thought of all the things I could have done, how I should have known what was going to happen, how this happened on the one day I didn't have my pocket knife with me. You just have to forget about it at some point. My pride was definitely hurt.

However as soon as I got home I called a friend of mine and we went back to that subway station to look for the guy, with no luck. It was a chance at redeeming myself in my own eyes.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

for Kyle and Newsy - two words:

"Kick-Ass"

ok, maybe that's one word. Like the movie.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

I feel for you Kyle - I pussed out of every fight ever and know I shouldn't have. My parents taught it was always better to walk away but that's bullshit.

You'll make the grade next time - just don't challenge a gun in your face.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatHero View Post
If they do bring it back, we'll be moving to Canada.
No thanks. We don't harbour draft dodgers anymore. You will be deported.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingindie View Post
I daresay he probably means that people with skills, including computer skills etc often times are in the more technology/behind the scenes part of the army, which exists.
Understood that but when they enact a draft and force people to join they don't entrust them with any responsibility and make sure they are just infantry or grunt workers.

A draft is a horrible option to use. I was over in Israel working with the Israel Air Force as part of my time in the US Air Force. They force everyone to join for 2 or 3 years and the conscripts, as they are called, are useless. If you do not join on your own you have no vested interest in how the military is run. America has the best fighting force in the world because we have a volunteer force. When I joined I did my best because I wanted more money and the benefits, many of my friends did their best because of love of country and the camaraderie. Whatever reason you join for, you do it because you want to succeed, when you are forced to join why you would care.

It’s a horrible idea and hopefully will get shut down.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #18 (permalink)

Why is it that every couple of years people get all worked up about there being a draft? It's not going to happen. Unless WWIII starts there's no way a draft or mandatory service will ever happen.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:02 AM   #19 (permalink)

Rangel puts this bill up every year. Started in 2003, mainly as opposition to the war in Iraq. Not sure why he's still doing it...it'll never pass. In 2004 it was voted down like 400-2. I don't think it has even made it out of committee since then.

Here was his quote in 2003:

"I truly believe that those who make the decision and those who support the United States going into war would feel more readily the pain that's involved, the sacrifice that's involved, if they thought that the fighting force would include the affluent and those who historically have avoided this great responsibility," Rangel said.

"Those who love this country have a patriotic obligation to defend this country," Rangel said. "For those who say the poor fight better, I say give the rich a chance."

Personally, I think he's got a point.

CNN.com - Rangel introduces bill to reinstate draft - Jan. 8, 2003
Old 07-28-2010, 08:30 AM   #20 (permalink)

I wouldn't give Kyle to much shit. It wasn't til I was a little older then him before I got the balls to tell panhandlers and the like to fuck off on a universal basis. You had one altercation like this that ended in a fight, and one that ended with you giving up some money, now take how you felt after each one and decide which one felt better, then live your life accordingly.

I guess every guy that'll hassle you on the street has a different approach, but the most aggressive i've encountered (that didn't just leave me alone when I just kept walking) was in front of my house when my mom had come to visit me one night. He really didn't give up til I yelled "Get the fuck away from my mom." I could tell he didn't have a gun or anything, and the knife that I had tucked into my waistband when I saw this guy made it so I wasn't terribly worried. I think you really just need stuff like this to happen to you a couple times, before you immediately snap into fight mode.