Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Have you been in a real physical fight?
Yes 111 56.35%
No 86 43.65%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes

Old 07-28-2010, 08:39 AM   #21 (permalink)

I did a stint of recruiting. No way the draft is brought back. The last thing the military needs to do is stock itself with pussies like Kyle and Newsie. Only about 10% of the population is capable of serving becuase of the age, physical, moral and mental requirements. Only about 1.5% have the honor of serving.
Of course we occasionally get moral degenerates like Keith. But they eventually do something that gets them kicked out.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinzer View Post
I did a stint of recruiting. No way the draft is brought back. The last thing the military needs to do is stock itself with pussies like Kyle and Newsie. Only about 10% of the population is capable of serving becuase of the age, physical, moral and mental requirements. Only about 1.5% have the honor of serving.
Of course we occasionally get moral degenerates like Keith. But they eventually do something that gets them kicked out.
Haters gonna hate.....
Old 07-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #23 (permalink)

Location: unfotunately I live in NJ! But I was born and raised in NY and lived in the city for six years.
I heard that there has been talk about possibly drafting women as well. I dont think itll happen though,but how fucked up is that? It's bad enough darfting men who don't want to go to war, but imagine drafting a mother of four?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #24 (permalink)

Location: unfotunately I live in NJ! But I was born and raised in NY and lived in the city for six years.
btw punk'n, I love your avatar pic...it kicks ass!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trashy View Post
"I truly believe that those who make the decision and those who support the United States going into war would feel more readily the pain that's involved, the sacrifice that's involved, if they thought that the fighting force would include the affluent and those who historically have avoided this great responsibility," Rangel said.

"Those who love this country have a patriotic obligation to defend this country," Rangel said. "For those who say the poor fight better, I say give the rich a chance."

Personally, I think he's got a point.

CNN.com - Rangel introduces bill to reinstate draft - Jan. 8, 2003

He does have a point. But are we defending ourselves anymore? Just saying. BTW I'm glad someone puts up some of the other side of the argument; in this case "fuck the draft"...Well...

So he's the same dude from before who said this? Or was there more?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtballard View Post
when you are forced to join why you would care.
Presumably, you care because you might be less likely to die.

Quote:
Only about 10% of the population is capable of serving becuase of the age, physical, moral and mental requirements.
What you meant to say is that only 10% are crazy enough, don't feel like they have another option, are ticked into it, or are poor enough.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #27 (permalink)

KYLE:Just a bit of advice and reaction below. I do the cigarette in the ear thing too, it does seem to help but like you I sometimes forget. What I do now when someone asks me for a cigarette I reply with "one dollar"(and cigarettes here are $7-$8). For me that's the end of it, give me a dollar or bye. It seems to work pretty good, I taught my girlfriend to do that and she likes it, especially since she's a chick and gets more dollars than I do. It didn't work out well one time, a guy gave her a dollar but stuck it in her clevage, I was with her so of course that turned into a fight.

In general it looks like Kyle made the right choice in this situation, though he should still feel like a pussy, I would. He knew who he was with and fight or no fight that would've been a bad situation for Newsy. If anyone's the pussy it's Newsy, but it's not like his reaction to this type of situation is a secret so he can't really be faulted.

Luckily I don't have any guy friends that wouldn't have my back were I Kyle(the one being confronted) or Newsy(the guy off to the side). For the record, when you're the guy off to the side and someone gets nose to nose with your buddy telling him things could get ugly, you punch him in the fucking face right then and there. And if you're the guy with someone in your face telling you things could get ugly, you punch him in the face right then and there. If you have good friends then all you need to know is it's punching time and one of you just needs to get the party started.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Marine?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #29 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trashy View Post
"Those who love this country have a patriotic obligation to defend this country," Rangel said. "For those who say the poor fight better, I say give the rich a chance."

Personally, I think he's got a point.

CNN.com - Rangel introduces bill to reinstate draft - Jan. 8, 2003
His point sounds good until you work in the military with some rich kid who's parents have connections to senators. Unfortunatly senators still have a lot of pull with military commanders and rich shit heads end up getting away with a lot.
Looking at other country's and at our time durring vietnam and korea, the draft sucks and the military ends up with a bunch of bitches in it and we can't do our job correctly
Old 07-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #30 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLMissSunshine View Post
btw punk'n, I love your avatar pic...it kicks ass!
Tanks! It's lattaland's work. He's amazing.