Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Has anyone ever called you a bad drunk?
Yes 56 28.00%
No 144 72.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1274: The Hangover

"Wow, you never fuck!"

Ben Westhoff

Carly Thomas - Drive me home on Vimeo

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

God, the answer is totally yes, and i'm not saying it with pride.

When i got hammered before crashing my car and having to dry up, i was a mean, annoying, touching, loud obnoxious drunk. Basically if i ever had any bad moods during the week (and i had plenty. always) it would come out ten times stronger when i got drunk.

I usually had a first phase where i was affectionate and happy, but the moodswings always came and i ended up insulting friends, starting fights, crashing stuff, headbutting people, getting my ass kicked and blacking out.

I woke up with bad bruises and vague memories and alaways tried to apologize but people got tired of it after a while.

I think it's probably an accident in kyle's case or he might have some unsolved bad shit that came out that way, since most of the time alcohol doesnt transform you coompleteňy but amplifies stuff that is there and that you would keep hidden whn you're sober.

Nowadays i get hammered a lot, again, but since i learned how to manage it (in rehab, after basically everyone told me that i had to learn to behave), i'm a jolly drunk. But i know that if i had a bad week, there's a good chance the mean drunk will pop up again, so i try to watch out and get ready for the deserved consequences.

Kyle is a sweet fella, he didnt mean harm. ALcohol is a charming son of a bitch.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Im surprised so many people have voted 'No' on this poll.

when I get too far gone I usually pass a tipping point where I become embarrassed with my drunkeness, because of this I seem to pretend to be sober or try to force myself to act sober. I am completely no fun in this state and its weird because Im usually hyperactive before i reach this tipping point.
ah well
Old 10-19-2010, 06:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

At the end of Shutter Island he is only pretending to still be crazy because he wants them to lobotomize him. you can tell because earlier on in the film he says that everyone of the "patients" on the island should be killed for their crimes and when he "discovers" the truth he cant live with himself knowing what he now knows
Old 10-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

I pass out after four beers. Two gets me tipsy or drunk on an empty stomach. Three will get me drunk period.

I always pass out soon after....

So...I'm a light weight.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

I hope the next show Kyle is on isn't called "New Friend Request pt 2"
Old 10-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

That situation was much worse than an nice guy acting embarassingly because he's drunk.

It's weird how people still make the Max comaprison.

Listen to the stuff Max said: he was a creepy asshole who used Keith and Chemda to get benefits for himself and made a scene at the first playful dig they made at him. He was a bitchy douche, although funny at times.

For the little i know of him, Kyle has always striken me as a good hearted, nice and cool guy. So there's not even a hint of similitude between those two situations.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

I have been drinking for a long while now and I consider drinking a fun experience to be enjoyed so I guess I am always a happy drunk. I find it redundant to get mad when I am drunk because that is such a waste of being drunk. In high school I was the designated drunk driver (which in hindsight was not a good idea, but hey I wasn't under american laws at the time) but it kinda taught me where my limit was after driving home in a blackout a couple of times, so now i know when I am about to get there and I can start chugging water to take off the edge.
So, none of my friends have ever called me a bad drunk because i just tend to make nonsensical jokes and be a clown.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Location: not in a house, not with a mouse, not here or there, not ANYWHERE
people like me when i'm drunk, actually, because i'm the super happy, extra affectionate, table dancing, "you're-so-pretty-i-love-you-so-much-let's-be-best-friends," drunk.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I totally agree that drinking has a learning curve - it usually takes a while to know your own tolerance for various drinks and combinations with other drinks and food and how your mood changes.

That's why I still think its silly to have such a high drinking age in the US - I learned this stuff as a teenager (in Germany beer/wine as of 16, hard liquer as of 18 years old) when you are more irresponsible anyway and by the time I e.g. got my drivers license and went to university the novelty had worn off already.