Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Has anyone ever called you a bad drunk?
Yes 56 28.00%
No 144 72.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I'm a professional drunk. You gotta maintain.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

Doh. I was hoping we'd never have to re-live that bit of the book marathon where you went line-by-line through my [OKCupid] dating profile. It was helpful in the end, but so mortifying. Keith is a ball-buster, Chemda is only trying to help. Good radio.

PS, I've still got six months 'til my 30th birthday, thank you very much.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #13 (permalink)

I have honestly never gotten completely shit faced drunk. My mom is to blame for this. She sits on my guy friends laps and flirts, demands that people pay attention to her at family reunions and has crazy vomit fests at the end of this. She knows not to drive, but she doesn't know to shut her fucking face. One of the worst drunks ever, then add the mother aspect on top of it. She gives motherly advice while sipping on her 37th beer and slurring her words. I don't drink mainly because I never want to turn into that. To me, that is the most embarassing and humiliating state a person could be in, then again, I've had my whole life to build up a hatred for "mom B". She really does have multiple personalities. "mom A" has a good sense of humor and pretty rational. Once she's drunk she turns into "mom B" an emotional, humorless, demanding piece of mothershit. But if that's what I have to deal with, I'm all good. She never hit me, it's all emotional damage which I can just tuck deep inside and swelter on. )
Old 10-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I totally agree that drinking has a learning curve - it usually takes a while to know your own tolerance for various drinks and combinations with other drinks and food and how your mood changes.

That's why I still think its silly to have such a high drinking age in the US - I learned this stuff as a teenager (in Germany beer/wine as of 16, hard liquer as of 18 years old) when you are more irresponsible anyway and by the time I e.g. got my drivers license and went to university the novelty had worn off already.
Thats true, Uganda has a legal drinking age of 18 but if you have money to buy it u can get it. But I am with you, I started at 16 by the time I got to college getting shit faced drunk was not my priority any more. It was more about getting a really good buzz, maintaining it and not throwing up all over the place. But then again I grew up in a different drinking environment.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSZilla View Post
I pass out after four beers. Two gets me tipsy or drunk on an empty stomach. Three will get me drunk period.

I always pass out soon after....

So...I'm a light weight.
I wish I was still like that I can put away a six pack without getting a buzz, so drinking can get pretty expensive for me. Never been called a bad drunk because I don't spend the money to get me to that point.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
That situation was much worse than an nice guy acting embarassingly because he's drunk.

It's weird how people still make the Max comaprison.

Listen to the stuff Max said: he was a creepy asshole who used Keith and Chemda to get benefits for himself and made a scene at the first playful dig they made at him. He was a bitchy douche, although funny at times.

For the little i know of him, Kyle has always striken me as a good hearted, nice and cool guy. So there's not even a hint of similitude between those two situations.
i was not comparing Kyle to Max Darwin.I just ment i hope that he will still be on the show

Last edited by madisonyrskull; 10-19-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonyrskull View Post
i was not comparing Kyle to Max Darwin.I just ment i hope that he will still be on the show
Oh no worries. I just noticed that when a guest that's close to K&C is criticized, the Max example comes up (happened with McNally and Spooky too) and i think that guy was just a shady creep.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

gawwwd, I'm an awful drunk. I've thrown a punch or two and suffered through many a multi-day hangover. No tanks. 2 drinks and I'm good.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
gawwwd, I'm an awful drunk. I've thrown a punch or two and suffered through many a multi-day hangover. No tanks. 2 drinks and I'm good.
No offense, Birdie but the idea of a mean drunk southerner makes me think of Deliverance or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, more than your cutie pie voice.

Although your "we bring them 'tards to the Creek and kill 'em" from the 74h marathon is still in my "best Of"
Old 10-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
I'm a professional drunk. You gotta maintain.
Yep. It's all about getting to that feel good place and staying there. Even if I overdo it, I usually just end up happily passing out. I do have my "drunk girl crying" moments...however, they are rare and usually depend on who I'm around.