Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who let the dogs out?
Lucas 53 68.83%
Julio 24 31.17%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #21 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
My main point was to tease Keith for suggesting that immigrants don't know enough about US history to stay here and then bringing up something that didn't happen in America. I just found it humorous.
i lol'd it in the live chat
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
Are you guys still having this problem? Which podcast catcher/player are you using?
iTunes, and it seems as if the url i subscribed to last time have changed.

A trimmed version of the request from itunes and the response looks like this.
GET /RSS/Default.aspx HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: iTunes/10.2.2 (Windows; Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition (Build 7600)) AppleWebKit/533.21.1
Host: www.KeithAndTheGirl.com

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 15:59:29 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
Cache-Control: private
Content-Length: 0
I will look for a way to edit the itunes subscription url on my end, I dont want to unsub/resub

BR
Ola
Old 05-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I will look for a way to edit the itunes subscription url on my end, I dont want to unsub/resub
If you figure it out, please post it. Thanks!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
Julio's voice sounds like Michael K! Hehehe.

And, cutie-boos talk about his lady!

EDIT: Oh...and a free glass of champagne would totes change my mind about celebrating Bin Laden's death. U!S!A!
Aww thanks. I'm blushing
Old 05-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #25 (permalink)

i think Dan pinned down masculinity PERFECTLY. hats off, sir.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

Currently their RSS Feed (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/rss/) is being powered by FeedBurner as per Michael in the Change RSS Thread. Lately Feedburner has been having some funky issues so that could be part of the problem. With that said, whenever I've had issues downloading podcast episodes on iTunes I would unsubscribe and then resubscribe (This shouldn't delete any of the episodes that are already downloaded into your library). If this doesn't work, you could:

A) Copy and paste the RSS Feed into iTunes (On Mac go To Advanced>Subscribe to Podcast...)

B) Use their Full RSS Feed as mentioned in Michael's thread (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/rss/full/)

C) Wait it out. Feedburner usually sorts itself out in the end. But I do understand the frustration.

Last edited by juliofromny; 05-06-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: getting rid of code that was automatically inserted.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was able to download it manually and force it into iTunes this morning so I could sync it and take it with me. Generally I have just waited it out and it gets fixed, but somehow seems like it could be a bigger issue this time. Hopefully not. Time will tell.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #28 (permalink)

I had the download problem as well. I just went into the itunes store and manually downloaded it.

As for the whole 'Lauren doesn't count' situation, I thought it was answered yesterday when Pat and Keith said that if Lauren was male-bodied, but acted the same, then the new argument would be "oh she wanted some kind of fruity guy, I can't compete with that."

Dan's bit about 'the difference between dudes and chicks' was funny, but those arguments are always so simplistic, and the basic break down is usually "dudes are magical mystery apes and ladies are perfect angel flowers and never the twain shall meet." Which is not only inaccurate, but leaves a lot of us that don't fit the ape/flower archetype out of the club.

Last edited by marina; 05-06-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #29 (permalink)

The Haunting of the Ghost Penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
I think Chemda knows EXACTLY what Keith means when he thinks a guy (with a real penis) would be much more threatening than Lauren in her new relationship. She's defending Lauren simply for the sake of taking sides. It's annoying that she's playing dumb, like she can't possibly understand Keith's point-of-view.
exactly. This was a rather tense part of show. It felt weird listening to it. Thank God the boys both slowed down and proceeded w/ caution, but...why the fuck did Chemda act like Keith and Pat were insensitive, prejudice, ...and just ultimately 'dumb guys.'
Perhaps she was just doing her job and 'creating radio' or whatever - keeping tension, but geez, as a guy I'm just wondering WTF? Seriously??
EVEN IF Lauren felt like Keith, Pat, or ANY guy had an opinion on a break-up: are they not allowed to speak their minds?
I'm glad Chemda and Lauren are together and happy, but fuck ladies, don't be sensitive solely for the sake of being PC
In retrospect KatG are always discussing things I've never heard before and for that: great show.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky Jess Jess View Post
exactly. This was a rather tense part of show. It felt weird listening to it. Thank God the boys both slowed down and proceeded w/ caution, but...why the fuck did Chemda act like Keith and Pat were insensitive, prejudice, ...and just ultimately 'dumb guys.'
Perhaps she was just doing her job and 'creating radio' or whatever - keeping tension, but geez, as a guy I'm just wondering WTF? Seriously??
EVEN IF Lauren felt like Keith, Pat, or ANY guy had an opinion on a break-up: are they not allowed to speak their minds?
I'm glad Chemda and Lauren are together and happy, but fuck ladies, don't be sensitive solely for the sake of being PC
In retrospect KatG are always discussing things I've never heard before and for that: great show.

It wasn't tense at all and Chemda wasn't trying to "create radio". She sincerely doesn't get the concept that Pat, Keith and Dan was trying to convey about the male ego and how they think about their former "rivals". That's why she was asking the questions for them to elaborate. It doesn't help that Keith says he isn't trying to say Lauren isn't a man but she doesn't think like one (that statement in itself can sound confusing because if she is a man then she should think like one otherwise you're saying she isn't a man)

Also, Keith and Dan weren't feeling awkward trying to explain it. They were just explaining it as best as they could. But no one in the room was feeling uncomfortable as this was going on.

Last edited by juliofromny; 05-06-2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: fixing the wording.