Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Kirsten Dummy-Dunst have said or done something at the time?
Yes. Say something or leave. 39 41.05%
No. She doesn't need to be involved. 56 58.95%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2011, 05:25 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourbid View Post
Was it the sepia?

Sepia is a depressing filter.
LOL, I think it's everything being destroyed. But if you want a game where you can do anything, kill everyone (or not), the game features one of the most open worlds I've ever seen. This is Fallout 3. I didn't play the previous games; they were on other consoles and Bethesda didn't make them so the gameplay is very different. Choose to be an evil slaver, or a do-gooder -- the only thing that changes is your reputation around the area and who is willing to help you out.

I'm playing Fallout New Vegas right now. It's buggy as hell, but I'm still seriously hooked on it.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:23 AM   #32 (permalink)

I love Leah, but the way she says "Crazy" makes me think she's some sort of insane crazy Jewish lady "KAHRAZAHY!"

Lars Von Trier - I'm torn here. He did Dancer In the Dark, a movie that will explode your mind in so many ways. I've never felt so emotionally destroyed at the end of a movie as I did finishing Dancer. The closest other movie would be Requiem for a Dream. Anyone who has seen that knows what I'm saying.

But, that said, I have no frame of reference for any of his other movies, so I guess I can accept Dancer and erase him from the universe for anything outside of that.

To note - Everyone needs to see Dancer in the Dark once. Because if you can watch that movie more than once or twice, you frighten me.

Keith - You hated Red Dead Redemption, what made you think you'd like L. A. Noire? I get that it made for great radio, but 2 minutes of a gameplay video would have told you all you needed to know. I enjoy it because I got sick of GTA style run and gun shooting. If I want to play that, I'll throw in Gears of War. I enjoy Noire, and I'm proud of my reasons for it (I love the story, I feel invested in the characters, I LIKE having some sense of linearity with the story and I like that it took a lot of stuff from Heavy Rain and left the super artsy fartsy French crap on the cutting room floor).

As for Dunst - You fuck up in the entertainment world and your career is over. By not doing anything, she didn't put herself in any position. No big wigs will fault her for not saying anything, and other directors will be okay with her not creating a scene. What would she have gained by saying something? What would she have actually said? Who knows what kind of relationship she had with Lars? Just because he directed her doesn't mean that she had a good or open relationship. You can't compare it to a talk show, where it's obvious the hosts (like Keith and Chemda) have a open relationship and have to in order to survive. And hell, who knows if she had the smarts to say something that wouldn't dig her into a deeper hole.

So, it's been about a year+ since my last show comment, I figure by about 1600 I'll post again

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 06-08-2011 at 05:31 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:45 AM   #33 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Possibly the best description of the effect that Dancer In The Dark had to me, too. Main difference: after watching Requiem For A Dream, i thought "that was an emotionally powerful movie and yet so well done. This guy is a genius". After Dancer i thought "Fuck this manipulative douche. I hate him and his movies" (yet i watched almost all of them)

Rockstar was dropping the "all shooting" formula in GTA IV already. their games right now are more of experiments than actual entertainment.

Again, if you want ignorance, get saints row. the third one will allow you to beat people up with a purple dildo.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:55 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
After Dancer i thought "Fuck this manipulative douche. I hate him and his movies" (yet i watched almost all of them)

Rockstar was dropping the "all shooting" formula in GTA IV already. their games right now are more of experiments than actual entertainment.

Again, if you want ignorance, get saints row. the third one will allow you to beat people up with a purple dildo.
See, I didn't feel manipulated in Dancer, but maybe that's because I've never seen his other flicks. I thought the actors and Bjork's music transcended ANYTHING that he touched. He didn't write the music, and it was the music that moved me. Take away the music, and I'd have felt nothing.

That description of Saints Row is exactly why I won't get it. Maybe I'm just getting too old for retardeness like that, but I have no time or energy for it. If I play a game, I want it to make me feel something when I play it. I don't need to be an empty vacant idiot with a story that makes me feel sorry for humanity.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Keith - You hated Red Dead Redemption, what made you think you'd like L. A. Noire? I get that it made for great radio, but 2 minutes of a gameplay video would have told you all you needed to know. I enjoy it because I got sick of GTA style run and gun shooting. If I want to play that, I'll throw in Gears of War. I enjoy Noire, and I'm proud of my reasons for it (I love the story, I feel invested in the characters, I LIKE having some sense of linearity with the story and I like that it took a lot of stuff from Heavy Rain and left the super artsy fartsy French crap on the cutting room floor).
Ssshhhh, I need more video game reviews like this from Keith, hilarious.

Keith, get Dragon Age, 1 or 2. You'll absolutely hate it, but I would love to hear you rant about a video game I hate. Not that I wouldn't hate L.A. Noire if I played that.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #36 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
Keith, get Dragon Age, 1 or 2. You'll absolutely hate it, but I would love to hear you rant about a video game I hate.
Donate the game.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Donate the game.
Shit, that's a great idea. Unfortunately I already traded it back in.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #38 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post

Excuse me for wanting entertainment in my games.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:55 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisCarver View Post
It was advertised as not being like GTA so I'm not surprised at Keith's reaction. I love film noirs like Chinatown, L.A. Confidential, and Memento so this was right down my alley. Bought the game first day and I don't regret it one bit.

Honestly I get bored with shooting random pedestrians and fucking other people's cars after 10 minutes. Even in Red Dead Redemption (which I loved) I didn't break the law too much and stuck to following the story.
I haven't read the rest of the comments, but I was SO HAPPY to see this. I love genuine film noir, and while this was a total departure from most of the kickass, no-holds-barred games thus far, it was deep, and true to film noir nature. I seriously dig it.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:08 AM   #40 (permalink)

This was a great show and one of the funnest of the year to listen to with Keith being in such a goofy mood. Leah was a terrific guest and hope to hear her on again.

I like what they've tried with LA Noire but I do find it a bit boring to play.