Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Hospitals
Fuck you 44 60.27%
Eat my shit 29 39.73%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1703: General Hospital

"I didn't come a lot to the hospital, but when I came I - I couldn't believe it."

Share this episode: General Hospital - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

I really don't mind being a patient too much, I've had six surgeries so far. But when it comes to visiting people in the hospital sometimes there's this smell, cleaning supplies I'm guessing, that the more I inhale the sicker I get.

So since this episode is titled General Hospital did you see Luke and Laura?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

once i got food poisoning so bad i didnt stop throwing up for hours. when i finally got to the emergency room the guy taking my info got angry at me for throwing up on the floor. so i ended up throwing up in my hands (which still leaked on the floor) and i apologized like a doofus for it. so i voted "fuck you"
Old 12-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

i go with bear every little while to children's hospitals across the state and sing. the atlanta hospitals are super fab, probably their proximity to emory, but in places like macon it's...at least clean. not sure i'd do it for grown ups. wheels on the bus loses it's charm after 3.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith...

For the sake of Cat, Chemda, Lauren, BroLo - basically everyone who you adore and love, DO NOT drink alcohol anymore.

You have had an abscess on your liver secondary to an infective process. A fucking serious infective process. That drain is going to be inside of you for some time yet. The cavity created by the abscess is going to be around for at least 6 to 8 months (reducing over that time of course but still evident). You are going to require routine liver function tests to ensure that your liver is recovering after this insult to it and any consumption of alcohol during the period that you are going to require those blood tests are going to affect the results. It will affect your liver function more generally and you will run the risk of a recurrence.

It's crunch time Keith...hate to say it but I would not be going any near a drink for at least a year and even then I would be loathe to suggest even a drop after that.

You dodged a bullet this time. You won't the next time.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Keith, did you have them look at your ear problem? Just fuckin' with ya. Can you imagine if you asked anything extra of those mooks? It sounds bad enough just having them handle one thing. Two? What a nightmare.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
It's crunch time Keith...hate to say it but I would not be going any near a drink for at least a year and even then I would be loathe to suggest even a drop after that.
Are you kiddin' me? Soon I'll have a whole new liver!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #8 (permalink)

I have to admit that Claudia and I have had better hospital experiences outside of New York City. I think (and I'm talking completely out of my ass) that on top of quality of service and hospital budgets, city population plays a role as well. Our best experiences have been in White Plains which is in Westchester County and has a population of no more than 500,000. There have been times where we went out of our way to take the Metro North to White Plains to go to the Emergency room there than go to a hospital near where we live.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

So sorry you had to go through that bullshit. So many violations of HIPPA-two examples being the computer being turned in a direction where anyone including Chemda seeing it and the other the MRI place telling Chemda that Keith didn't have an appointment. No healthcare professional is supposed to tell anyone except the person or someone on the approved list either an appointment or whether someone is in a hospital. A doctors office in Florida got in trouble for telling an ex wife when her ex's appointment was-she robbed his house while he was at the appointment. I hope you do sue because unfortunately that is the only way things will change.

My hospital horror story from a couple years ago- I am a type 1 diabetic and ended up in the hospital with a cellulitis infection that attacked my nerves. I had to deal with encruiating pain as the infection slowly killed my nerve. The first ER I went to treated me like I was jonsing for pain medication. Cue a week later when I finally got a doctor to believe me. At this point I had gotten maybe 5-6 hours of sleep in the past 5 days due to the awful pain. Is was trying to keep my blood sugars under control because stress and infection raises them and excess sugar just feeds it. The nurses had no idea what to do with my insulin pump so they trusted me to take care of it which was stupid because I'm on no sleep and a lot of pain killers. Well my sugars start running in the 500s which is really concerning despite all of my best efforts. I happen to look at my IV which had dextrose on it...someone had told the doctors that I wasn't eating so they hooked me up to sugar water. This wasn't the case which they should have known because they delivered the food to me...
Old 12-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Also a quick education on diabetes and the differences between the 2.

Type 1-is an autoimmune disorder in which the body attacks the inlet cells that make the insulin. Type 1 diabetics have to take insulin for the rest of their lives. They can either take shots or have an insulin pump which acts like an artificial pancreas in which it delivers a basal rate (small amount of insulin) over the course if an hour. The user still takes their blood sugar and gives a corrective dose via the pump as well as whatever amount needed to cover the food the person eats. Therefore if the person has good blood sugar control they can eat food that has sugar, within reason of course. Type 1s can get low blood sugar where they have to eat something with sugar so they don't pass out.

Type 2 diabetics body still produces insulin but the body does not process it properly bit can be controlled with diet and medications. If they have good blood sugar control they too can have food with sugar but only seldomly and I. Small amounts.

Bottom line-unless you know for sure that a diabetic is eating tons of sugar all the time and has shitty blood sugar control, please don't lecture them or slap the sugar out of their hand.