Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Which gang do you prefer?
Crips 35 56.45%
Bloods 27 43.55%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes

Old 03-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1738: L'chaim

"Let me judge the neighborhood: How much is a forty at the bodega? How much are blowjobs in the schools?"

Ari Shaffir : Comedian

Share this episode: L'chaim - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I won't have a chance to listen to the show until tomorrow.

The poll reminds me of when I delivered pizza and I asked my boss about Muslim riots in his home country. He replied, "I'll explain it to you when you explain why they're shooting at me for wearing a red shirt in a blue zone."

The whole bloods/crips thing is about choosing a favorite color.

Last edited by flerchin; 03-05-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Heh, in the poll the Crips are represented by the blue line and the Bloods are represented by the red line. Intentional or funny coincidence?

And to answer the poll, Bloods, obviously.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

It seems to me that in the NYC area the Crips are severely underrepresented. Bloods, however, are fucking everywhere and they are annoying as fuck. Not dangerous, not scary... just annoying. Maybe that's why the Crips hate them so much.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

haven't listened to the show and i know about as much about gangs as i do public transportation, so i'll have to reference something i know and this man has a blue flag hanging out his backside, but only on the left side, yeah, that's the Crip side. so we'll go with that.

Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
It seems to me that in the NYC area the Crips are severely underrepresented. Bloods, however, are fucking everywhere and they are annoying as fuck. Not dangerous, not scary... just annoying. Maybe that's why the Crips hate them so much.
nice tough words on the internet, tough guy
Old 03-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward's Screen Name View Post
Heh, in the poll the Crips are represented by the blue line and the Bloods are represented by the red line.
They're not, actually.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

I haven't got to the bit in the podcast where the gangs are discussed. Mind you, no one else has and that hasn't stopped lively discussion. Good to see.

I have heard the start, and I was surprised at the FUCKING STUPIDITY around DNR's. Including when Ari said something along the lines of "Just cos there's a DNR, doesn't mean they can't perform CPR". FOR FUCKS SAKE - WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THE "R" STANDS FOR?????

I've had loved ones suffer and die, and it's fucked. If someone doesn't want to be dragged back to endure more time in pain etc, then it's their fucking choice.

And you can stick that bullshit about it being buried in a 70 page contract up your arse.

Not saying the nurse was Florence Nightingale reincarnated. Just saying that smashing an old lady's chest in vs. letting her shuffle off in peace is a fucking no brainer.

EDIT: If there's some loophole in DNR's where you're allowed to do CPR, I don't give a flying fuck
Abby likes this.

Last edited by Scumhook; 03-05-2013 at 10:23 PM. Reason: not giving a fuck
Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hearing those school stories makes me glad I'm done with school. Things like that generally don't happen where I live but if one lives in a major city it's just a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Like I said it's rare here but one of my junior high classmates got ran over when he was riding his bicycle on the sidewalk near where he lived. This was caused by a drunk driver having a wreck with another drunk driver and the second one went over the curb and hit him.

I liked hearing myself being referenced on the show and I do realize that I'm going to have to move out one of these days. But not today.

This older guy told his wife that he doesn't want to end up in a situation where a machine and fluids are keeping him alive. His wife shut off the tv and took his beer from him.

Last edited by WSEIII; 03-05-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

New york traffic can kiss my ass i was there for a day a atleast hit 3 people walking