Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who did you agree with more re: you know
Chemda 79 56.03%
Harry 62 43.97%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree49Likes

Old 03-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1744: What is Love?

"I grab him by the shirt collar, and, in Spanish, I tell him to get the fuck outta here before I kill him."

Harry Terjanian's IHATECOMEDY.COM

Share this episode: What is Love? - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Harry went from hilarity to abso-fucking-lutely confusing; real quick.

I accidentally voted Harry in the poll. I see what Chemda is saying. It' s a valid point. One of those votes should be switched from Harry to Chemda.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 03-13-2013 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Fuck me was this episode a rocket-science exam??
Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

"Not a walk in, I hope" - made me choke on my coffee at work
Old 03-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm with Harry on this one. I actually had to stop writing via feedback during the show because I was shocked at Chemda's "interpretation" so to speak.

Personally, I get what Harry was saying. I can honestly see his point. But I think Chemda heard him say something different and ran with it in attempt to get him to repeat what she thought she heard him say (still with me?).

Harry's mom had "the power" because she chose to let that contractor dude in her bedroom AND her closet. She made that choice and she was the married person out of the two. So I heard Harry clearly say both his mom and contractor were guilty in his eyes, but he said his mother, the married woman, had more control in this adultery simply because it was her house, her room, her bad, her vajayjay. The contractor isn't married to his father. that's it. The person who makes the choice to proceed is in fact the person with the most control...not that the person with the most control also equals the person who is most responsible.

Men want to fuck all the time, but only get it if the a man/woman "gives" it and the person isn't a rapist, so to speak. Harry wasn't saying ALL WOMEN are more responsible in such scenario, but that often women do have more power because ultimately she decides how far it goes (again, unless the other person is a rapist). I think if he had just used a non gender-specific term like "the non-cheater" or "the person actually committing adultery" it would have sounded better and then maybe, just maybe, Chemda wouldn't have went after Harry's ass like that. LOL

But i too enjoy a healthy debate. Good ep, guys!
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

I wonder if they're going to make the pope-mobile into a low rider.

I understand how alcoholics can be anonymous, but how can over-eaters be?
laura b likes this.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post

Harry's mom had "the power" because she chose to let that contractor dude in her bedroom AND her closet. She made that choice and she was the married person out of the two. So I heard Harry clearly say both his mom and contractor were guilty in his eyes, but he said his mother, the married woman, had more control in this adultery simply because it was her house, her room, her bad, her vajayjay. The contractor isn't married to his father. that's it. The person who makes the choice to proceed is in fact the person with the most control...not that the person with the most control also equals the person who is most responsible.
Harry made that point but then went on to say if his father was cheating he wouldn't be as much to blame as his mother and that's when Chemda rightly jumped in. I thought by the end Chemda had made her point and he was coming around.

Harry then thought of a point which seemed to underpin his reasoning when the talk got side tracked. (1:29:40) To me it sounded like Harry started to say that in all cheating, the woman gets more responsibility because they have a more emotional attachment to sex then men do. Men cheat because they are horny dogs but women understand the emotional repercussions more so???

Maybe things are changing now but men have been generally raised to think women don't like sex as much as us and its more about love for them. Harry can't imagine a women might just have sex because she's horny and it wont mean anything to her afterwards.

All of this comes from the point of view of men who are rarely in control of when they have sex. Some men must have as much power as most women, right Brolo?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
The person who makes the choice to proceed is in fact the person with the most control...not that the person with the most control also equals the person who is most responsible.
It takes a minute to wrap one's head around it, but this is an excellent point...

Fuck it. I'm w/ Harry. I think. I tried to get a buzz going and re-think this, but now I'm of the mind that Chemda may have tried to adopt Harry's point into her own experience and it came out convoluted.

This is a first. I think I disagree with Chemda. To her credit; this was confusing as fuck.
ImStillToni likes this.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

, "I tell him to get the fuck outta here before I kill him." Translates into

Vete ala chingada antes de que te mate
Old 03-14-2013, 03:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I accidentally voted Harry in the poll. I see what Chemda is saying. It' s a valid point. One of those votes should be switched from Harry to Chemda.
I accidentally voted for Chemda...soo we're all good
ImStillToni likes this.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Fuck me, what a mess of a discussion.

As usual, the guy was confused and didn't know what the fuck was going on.

And as usual, the girl was focused on her point.

When I say "as usual", I generalise, as did this discussion.

Harry generalised about women being "in charge of sex", and Chemda generalised about stuff that I can't remember ATM. Yes, she can have sex any time she wants, and I can have sex any time my Visa is below its limit.

Saying either sex is "in charge" of who fucks who is inherintly sexist, so fuck you fatty. Sure, guys want sex more than chicks, but throw a ring on the finger, and see what happens.

I voted for Chemda because she stuck to her point, whereas Hazza lost his focus and became worried that he was a fat sexist bastard.

I would fucking love to hear Chemmo on fatty's podcast ripping into them once a week. I'm going to subscribe just on hope of this (and then piss it off if it doesn't happen).

Great ep. Great Guest. Thank you for making me feel thin.
ImStillToni likes this.