Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Heavy Metal
Rock on! 55 60.44%
Roll away! 36 39.56%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree57Likes

Old 03-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I've never been so bored by Satan...
Blitzgal likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
nttawwt
you got me to look it up. fuckin americans and your acronyms
Old 03-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
King Diamond is satanic and metal.
You forgot awesome. If you don't believe in satan, it's just a good time. Its fun in a 9th grade sort of way. Also, there's a new band Ghost that I've been listening to that literally every song is 1000% about worshiping satan as a real and true god. It's hilarious and awesome.
chelseagirl19 likes this.

Last edited by Station; 03-28-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #44 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

At the risk of venturing into quibble-territory, I asked because King Diamond was recently (as in last month) featured in an interview on Radio Free Satan's show Metal Invaders. So he hasn't distanced him self THAT much.

But, yeah, I don't guess it matters AT ALL whether King Diamond is one thing or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
"In an interview from 2006, King Diamond stated that he does not follow any specific religion, and expressed concern that religion has led so many people to kill and destroy each other. He stated that he cannot comprehend why religion has caused so much death and destruction when it is logically impossible to prove the presence or absence of any god. He states that he has reached a point in his life where he has completely given up believing in anything religious and that he simply does not know what to answer when asked whether he is a Satanist or not."

its on a bunch of websites. i think he is still in the church but when asked abouty it he usually says he doesnt necssarily affiliates with it.

ADD: oh you said it yourself. i stand corrected.

Last edited by chelseagirl19; 03-28-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #45 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

Normalicy.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #46 (permalink)

Thanks for having Jim on. It turned me on to his podcast and he was a great guest
Old 03-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #47 (permalink)

So, we got theistic Satanism and LaVeyan Satanism. Anybody have any words on this hipster Satanism that's been around? Is it a thing or a mess? Lots of tumblrs with "cvlt" in the title, crosses, triangles, the omission of vowels from entire paragraphs, etc. I can't tell whether to be annoyed by it or to be leery of it and skim the dum-dums off the surface.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #48 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

As a Black chick who grew up in lily white Rhode Island in the suburbs her entire childhood, I will proudly proclaim my love of old hair bands/arena rock such as Warrant, Extreme, Poison, Def Leppard, etc etc. By no means would I ever say those bands are heavy metal, which to me are bands like AC/DC, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Megadeath etc etc (as far as 80s/90s) IMO.

With that said, the day I saw the pics of Metallica with their hair cuts I went thru all 5 stages of grief like someone killed my childhood pet. And to me the band was NEVER the same on some real sell out shit. By the time the doc came out and I saw James acting like a bitch yet again, I was done & not surprised at all. I like to think of And Justice for All as the end of Metallica's catalog and forget what happened in 1996 as well as post-96. Also I never felt closer to Chemda before lol I am so glad to know I was not alone in my reaction. Enjoyed Tim, will definitely check out his show.
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #49 (permalink)

AC/DC. Heavy Metal...?

Old 04-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #50 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

HAHAHA well I did said IMO, fucker

For perspective, the video for One was my 1st exposure to Metallica back when MTV actually played music videos. Which led to the real Headbanger's Ball on Saturday's nights. The show tended to skewer to more hard rock and metal unlike the "hair metal" played during the day so to me that became the measuring stick....and only why I lumped AC/DC in there. They never played em during the day so I never thought of them as just "rock"