Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who wore it better?
Kim Kardashian 51 41.80%
Chelsea Handler 71 58.20%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree506Likes

Old 11-16-2014, 09:49 AM   #161 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by New here View Post
That whole thing was actually very interesting to me. From what I've gleaned from reddit it appears Pat and that woman (she's a female comic) they apparently made up her sex trafficking story but "played it straight" (as if it really happened).

When Pat was on the marathon he talked about the amazing woman he interviewed who was tragically kidnapped and abused but managed to escaped sex slavery.

On the marathon he pretended to be disgusted that some listeners, after hearing her on his show, had doubted her story. He said the line, "why would she lie?"

Chemda said, "are you fucking with me?" but she didn't know how and why he was fucking with her and that the trafficking story was intentionally made up for Pat's show.

I assume Pat expected everyone to believe her sex abuse story and for it to go viral and get a lot of attention and then he would do a big reveal. But on reddit people instantly doubted her story and looked into her and quickly determined her story to be bogus.

What makes this more interesting is that to the vast majority of people (e.g. on reddit) who realized her story was a lie, they were not familiar with Pat and his show, so the case reads like, "woman trying to get attention fakes being a victim to get on shows."

The truth actually seems to be Pat and a female comic friend of his have their own weird reasons for making up a fake sex trafficking story.

If anything I've mentioned here isn't correct someone please point it out. This is what I gathered from both the reddit threads about it and from Pat's appearance on the marathon.
The 'comedian' you're talking about is Mara Marek and here is the link to her NYCR episode

100% True with Mara Marek | Cave Comedy Radio

I did some top notch googling and here are the reddit threads on her fake story

Comedienne Mara Marek tells her story of being kidnapped from a Brooklyn cafe and forced into sex slavery last year : nyc

Female comedian tells her incredible story about being forced into sexual slavery. reddit detective unturns every stone to prove that the story is almost definitely a hoax : bestof

It really seems like Pat was def in on it which is awful. With all the victim blaming that surrounds rape having a guest on to tell a fake story about being in a sex ring for attention to her career/your podcast is absurd and inexcusable. It shows a complete disconnect with how traumatic rape actually is to victims. I actually picture Pat having a dumb grin on his face thinking he's being clever when making the title of the episode "100% true with Mara Marek" so that he could play it off as comedy when people got upset.

Keith is right, Pat is a fake fuck and I have no problem with Keith broadcasting how he's a predator.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:12 AM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
I did some top notch googling
I appreciate the blue label googling you pulled off
Old 11-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #163 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

It seems like Keith and Chemda are taking a risk themselves revealing all this no matter the timing. The NYC comedy community is tight knit. They may lose guests themselves for speaking out. Can we stop acting like this is cowardice on their parts? It's actually quite the risk. Comics don't even talk about each other like that in public.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:45 AM   #164 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekseyev View Post
But they ARE in a position to stop him and at least at this point are choosing not to.
LOL. I wasn't aware Keith and Chemda had badges. Here this whole time I thought they were just podcasters..!

Someone deputize The Hatch. This arrest is going to get messy.
Los, skitzot and Tulipaloozi like this.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #165 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball8 View Post
It would be terrible if we pretended that Pat wasn't pissed off by this. It was a very good thing you caught this. And then Keith posted it? You're a hero.

Not very sure what your angle is, but I am pissed off that since Pat is angry, on top of it all, he decides to insult the KATG fandom/community which I feel a part of since 2006. (He did in several tweets, all now have been deleted. Wonder why.)

Very weird how he kept going back and forth with his public tweets toward Keith and Chemda. From victim, to neutral, to passive aggressive. All very fake and unsettling. This contributes to the case, no doubt.

Saw many people catching it live when he tweeted it, just hadn't seen it on forums. So I felt like sharing it here. Not a hero, sir. That, I know.

Last edited by mariana; 11-16-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #166 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
The 'comedian' you're talking about is Mara Marek and here is the link to her NYCR episode

100% True with Mara Marek | Cave Comedy Radio

I did some top notch googling and here are the reddit threads on her fake story

Comedienne Mara Marek tells her story of being kidnapped from a Brooklyn cafe and forced into sex slavery last year : nyc

Female comedian tells her incredible story about being forced into sexual slavery. reddit detective unturns every stone to prove that the story is almost definitely a hoax : bestof

It really seems like Pat was def in on it which is awful. With all the victim blaming that surrounds rape having a guest on to tell a fake story about being in a sex ring for attention to her career/your podcast is absurd and inexcusable. It shows a complete disconnect with how traumatic rape actually is to victims. I actually picture Pat having a dumb grin on his face thinking he's being clever when making the title of the episode "100% true with Mara Marek" so that he could play it off as comedy when people got upset.

Keith is right, Pat is a fake fuck and I have no problem with Keith broadcasting how he's a predator.
Wooooooow. I remember getting so into this particular episode...I feel like an idiot. What the actual fuck.

How did I not know this until now?
skitzot, flerchin, Rufio and 1 others like this.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
That's on you. It certainly wouldn't have been my idea.
You told your listeners to buy the book while guests were on and Jesse Joyce was there. Pat was too.

I'm hoping the book's value just skyrocketed with the controversy. I'm ready to collect
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:57 AM   #168 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalemon View Post
Wooooooow. I remember getting so into this particular episode...I feel like an idiot. What the actual fuck.

How did I not know this until now?
Because Pat doesn't respect his audience on top of not respecting women
skitzot likes this.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #169 (permalink)

LOUD NOISES!
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #170 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara View Post
I'm hoping the book's value just skyrocketed with the controversy. I'm ready to collect
I'll start the bidding at $20 Canadian, a nice polite 'eh', some maple syrup and we will send Keith McNally back to NY. For $30 we will let a US team win the Stanley Cup again (that's our hockey Superbowl).