Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Ben Roethlisberger
Guilty 44 81.48%
Not guilty 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree63Likes

Old 11-18-2014, 07:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

"I filled my car up with diesel..."

That is a difficult thing to accomplish in most places. Usually the spigot is deliberately made so that it doesn't fit in a gasoline fuel tank fill tube.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredv1214 View Post
the difference between Big Ben and Pat is that Keith actually has several accounts of Pat's actions. Keith said he needed some facts to make a decision. Why wouldn't he? Liza and Megan just twisted everything Keith was saying and getting angry about what they said Keith said which was different than what Keith actually said. Of course alleged victims need to prove their accusations in court because that's the entire point of our court system. Just because Keith is hesitant to say Ben is guilty because he hasn't seen any proof does not mean he is shaming the victims.
Well lets just decide that I'm a hysterical female then and be done with it.
flerchin likes this.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
...Liza and Megan just twisted everything Keith was saying and getting angry about what they said Keith said which was different than what Keith actually said...
Whoa...my eyes are bleeding!!
Old 11-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Amanda Bynes publicly falling apart reminds me of Steve-O's situation, (pre-sobriety). Apparently Johnny Knoxville got increasingly concerned about him. He called his friend Dr Drew and was instructed to 51/50 Steve-O. I guess this is where you can have someone committed to a psych ward for 72 hours when it's clear they're batshit. It literally saved his life.

Dean, you're a woman in the medical field. Do they have 51/50 in Australia?
Scumhook likes this.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Dean, you're a woman in the medical field. Do they have 51/50 in Australia?
Haha - Fuck you Piffle

We can detain an individual under Section 23 of the Mental Health Act (of Parliament) for a period of (I think) 72 hours - so it's basically the same thing. It's been a while since I've had to pull the forms (I'm in ICU where we detain people with propofol!) but yeah, in that time, the detained individual has to submit to a psychiatric assessment and satisfy certain criteria in order to be released into the community again.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Well lets just decide that I'm a hysterical female then and be done with it.
Oh Lanfear, that's not what I'm saying. It's just that, based on what you wrote, it sounded like you were comparing those two situations as if they were the same, when in reality, there are a few key differences. Keith saying he needs evidence to determine guilt shouldn't be shocking or cause for whiplash. In the Pat case, Keith already has evidence in the form of several statements of the victims, in the Big Ben case there is only the out-of-court settlement without any of the facts being disclosed. Like I wrote in on the show, innocent people settle out of court all the time and Liza's accusation that settling out of court means someone is guilty is rather presumptuous and not based in fact.

You are not being hysterical, or anything of the sort, I just wanted to point out the differences that separate the two incidences. Sorry if you felt I was attacking you personally.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
the difference between Big Ben and Pat is that Keith actually has several accounts of Pat's actions. Keith said he needed some facts to make a decision. Why wouldn't he? Liza and Megan just twisted everything Keith was saying and getting angry about what they said Keith said which was different than what Keith actually said. Of course alleged victims need to prove their accusations in court because that's the entire point of our court system. Just because Keith is hesitant to say Ben is guilty because he hasn't seen any proof does not mean he is shaming the victims.
The problem is that it's not consistent with previous statements. Since when have the public waited until a case makes its way through court before deciding whether or not a person is guilty? Most people jump to conclusions. The thing is though...its been mentioned on the show many times that the men who play professional football have a very specific type of personality. One that is not above attacking people. That's not to say they're all guilty, but Keith has spoken about them in a negative way on the show before.

I do think it's in poor taste to bring up the fact that video evidence or marks all over someone's body (depending on how much the victim claims they were physically abused) is what you need to believe someone's story. It was fine for Megan and Liza to mention it.

Quote:
...in the Big Ben case there is only the out-of-court settlement without any of the facts being disclosed. Like I wrote in on the show, innocent people settle out of court all the time and Liza's accusation t
There have been at least 3 women who have come forward about it. One took a settlement without recanting her initial accusation.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This isn't about people in general though, it's about Keith's determination. It is completely his prerogative to wait for information, information he has made an open invitation for people to send him, before he makes up his mind.

Again this was part of what Liza, Megan, and, to a lesser extent, even Chemda twisted around. Keith said he needed evidence that proved Ben was guilty. Courts need this to convict so it shouldn't be in poor taste at all. Keith just said it helped him make up his mind a lot faster with the Ray Rice case because there was a video. Liza interrupted him and then twisted his words to say that he claimed that unless there was video evidence the rape didn't count. Keith absolutely didn't say that in any fashion.

Like Keith said, the information is probably out there, but it's not as "in your face" as Ray Rice, AP, or Vick. Keith made an open request for anyone and everyone to send him the information that proves Ben is guilty. Also Just because she didn't recant it, doesn't mean it is necessarily true. It is innocent until proven guilty to protect people from false accusation and help ensure their freedom in the case of innocence.

This isn't a debate on whether or not Ben is innocent, it is about whether Keith has seen any evidence to prove one way or another. People shouldn't say it's poor taste to want evidence of a crime, it's the whole point of our judicial system.
Keith likes this.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
This isn't a debate on whether or not Ben is innocent, it is about whether Keith has seen any evidence to prove one way or another. People shouldn't say it's poor taste to want evidence of a crime, it's the whole point of our judicial system.
This! For the win!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Roethlisberger has been accused of rape 3 times.

It's odd b/c even the things Big Ben did at parties seems completely fucked up. Pulling his dick out and walking up to women was one of his "moves" at parties and shit. Forcing his hands up skirts and all kinds of other shit. Just creepy.
Then the deleting of files from phones of witnesses by his body guards and him saying the girl "fell and I helped her up"? It doesn't sound good.

Then reading the second accuser's account of the incident? Seemed very damning to me.

Dude was accused of rape at least twice that we know of and settled out of court once. Statistically less than 3% of rape accusations are false.

And I agree the information was much harder to find than the Ray Rice / Adrian Peterson stuff. I think Roethlisberger benefited from this happening just before the TMZ era of sports journalism started. He also benefited from the fact that our society doesn't talk openly about rape in detail b/c many feel it's not in good taste to go into detail like that in the national media.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

Last edited by rodimusprime; 11-18-2014 at 09:37 AM.