Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you given to the new 2014 KATG Kickstarter campaign?
Yes 20 52.63%
No 18 47.37%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree15Likes

Old 12-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2098: The Best Show

With Tom Scharpling – The Best Show on WFMU; Monk and OCD; a pig on a plane; pescetarianism; Andrew Dice Clay and blaming others for your failures; Billy Corgan vs. Anderson Cooper; People Magazine says Kirk Douglas has died; terrorists attacking Europe over Christmas; Frank Sivero from Goodfellas sues The Simpsons; Star Wars: The Force Awakens; football vs. basketball; Keith vs. Space

Guest:
Tom Scharpling

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 12-01-2014 at 11:22 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Keith finally did it, he convinced me space is dumb.

Last edited by Tomrl94; 12-02-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Tom Scharpling is one of my favorite people on earth. It was a serious delight to see this in my player this morning!
The Girl and Scumhook like this.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I would like dating sites to add, "Do you recline the seat during flight?" It's such a telling thing.

Also. Keith took this Tom Sharpling ep to near Danny Hatch/ Chris Gethard levels of bro-mance. Hilarious.

ALso also. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHEMDA!!!

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 12-02-2014 at 11:14 AM. Reason: B days por Chemdrs
Old 12-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Just a reminder to those who haven't donated to the Kickstarter yet. There may be a few donations/ $ raised/ thus far. However. None of that means anything if the goal isn't met. Unless the goal is met; all the money donated is returned. Thus raising nothing.

It really takes everyone getting involved to make it happen. Also, KATG has managed to get Staff Pick status on Kickstarter. This is from so many fans helping out in the past. Even if you're hurty in the pocket, (which who isn't half the month) you can still put any amount and help contribute both with funds AND being a backer.

Two numbers are really important in Kickstarter: # of backers and $ raised. I donated because I live in the middle of nowhere. Montana may as well be Australia or London, (well, London in terms of distance and Australia in terms of drunkenness) but I don't get to go to KATG tour. I DO however get to buy a couple cases of beer, hang out in my underwear, and watch the, (hopefully) upcoming KATG Marathon all weekend.

If you're new and not familiar with KATG Marathon; it is an experience worthy of any bucket list. Cameras around the studio with tons of your favorite KATG Guests. Complimented by a chat room full of KATG fans. Drunken madness. Stories told that probably shouldn't be. Body parts bared. Memories made.

It's Marathon time. It's 10 year celebration time. Hope everyone takes a second, goes to the Kickstarter, and gets involved.
The Girl and andywebs like this.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I voted yes, but I'd like to point out that I didn't "give." I backed the marathon/tour. I expect y'all to run a 30 hour marathon and then tour to at least Norman, OK (close enough to D)

Gifts are what I send to Danny for his bday, or because he asked (he still owes me a shout out....)
Scumhook likes this.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
I voted yes, but I'd like to point out that I didn't "give." I backed the marathon/tour...
Flerchin. Goddamnit.

Cheers, Sir
Old 12-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
Gifts are what I send to Danny for his bday, or because he asked (he still owes me a shout out....)
Unless you sent Danny a limited edition, low print run, Mountain Goats vinyl single of Maybe Sprout Wings, signed with a silver metallic pen, you can just shush your filthy mouth.

This being said, I respect your level of KATG fandom. Go fuck yourself. Please don't die. See you at the marathon
flerchin likes this.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

This was the first time I'd heard Tom.

It will not be the last.
maoglone and Tomrl94 like this.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

London plane is falling down? This would make a good Bond film.

R2D2 and Cp30 are the Abbot and Costello of Star Wars.

The discussion regarding People Magazine's reporting about Kirk Douglas' death reminded me that there's a website devoted to whether or not Abe Vagodia still alive.

Last edited by WSEIII; 12-03-2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: why not