Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: How did Christian do today?
A 25 50.00%
B 18 36.00%
C 6 12.00%
D 0 0%
F 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By invader
  • 4 Post By Enunciated Piffle
  • 3 Post By FingerLakes

Old 01-06-2015, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2113: Good Job, Christian

With Christian Finnegan – The no-sugar diet; the cold causes colds; women stuck in ex-boyfriends’ chimneys; hearing your neighbors fighting; CNN plans for the end of the world; 2-year-old shoots mom; 7-year-old only surviving family member in plane crash; maps omitting Israel; Palestine takes Israel to court; your picture used without permission

Guest:
Christian Finnegan

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Christian should call the cops, period. Forget the reasons why they are screaming bloody murder and who's at fault. You are not their marriage counselor. Just the simple fact that they are screaming at each other to the point that you think police should be involved is enough. Call the cops and let them sort it out. Passively trying to get them to quite down isn't going to solve anything either especially if one of them is actually in any danger. If it gets weird and awkward, address it; "Look I knocked on your door and tried to speak to you about it once. It kept on going and got to a point where I felt the cops should get involved. If it continues I'll continue to call the cops, sorry." What's worse, somebody ending up in jail for the night or someone ending up in the hospital or worse?
Old 01-07-2015, 09:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
mkl

Not saying that calling the police is the wrong thing to do, but it is complex due to many places "automatic arrest" (including NYC). If the police come for a domestic abuse (which doesn't even have to be physical) someone is being arrested, in most cases regardless of if one of the parties wants to press them or have anyone arrested at all. This was put into place for a very good reason, people being abused don't always want to press charges, or change their mind the next day. So the state has stepped in and said they will always make an arrest, the person being abused doesn't have the option to say no. This does create a situation sometimes where the seriousness of arrest may not be warranted, but the law (in NY anyway) reads

" a police officer is required to arrest a person, and must not attempt to reconcile the parties or mediate where the officer
has reasonable cause to believe..."
(goes on to list offenses, one of which is "disorderly conduct" which is the "catch all" to me, and others such as menacing etc.)

So the police officer must arrest someone if they "reasonably believe" they are committing disorderly conduct, or some other more minor offenses, and of course also more serious ones such as assault etc.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

There's only one way to counsel loud neighbors. Dr Megaphone.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Regarding the 2 year old shooting his mom, her and her husband were apparently raised around guns and they also took many firearm safety courses throughout the years. The purse she had her gun in was a concealed weapons purse with a special pocket for the gun. She received that purse earlier that day as a Christmas present.

They took all of those precautions to protect their family from the crazy people of the world, but a simple mistake of leaving her purse unsupervised near her kid for a couple of seconds ended up killing her.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Christian should call the cops, period. Forget the reasons why they are screaming bloody murder and who's at fault. You are not their marriage counselor. Just the simple fact that they are screaming at each other to the point that you think police should be involved is enough. Call the cops and let them sort it out. Passively trying to get them to quite down isn't going to solve anything either especially if one of them is actually in any danger. If it gets weird and awkward, address it; "Look I knocked on your door and tried to speak to you about it once. It kept on going and got to a point where I felt the cops should get involved. If it continues I'll continue to call the cops, sorry." What's worse, somebody ending up in jail for the night or someone ending up in the hospital or worse?

I totally agree! Let the cops deal with it. We had neighbors like this once, we called the cops a time or two and I think other neighbors called other times (cops would show up and we hadn't called). Nobody got taken away to jail and I think it probably made them think twice about being so ridiculously loud when they fight.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

When the topic of withdrawals was being discussed it reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbX...M&spfreload=10

Kieth come to Kneebraska. We have a great orthopedic surgeon who does great on knees.

Last edited by WSEIII; 01-07-2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
There's only one way to counsel loud neighbors. Dr Megaphone.
I would 1000% hire Dr. Megaphone to come have a chat with my horrible upstairs neighbors. Need to make this happen.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Really attracted to Chris' lack of self esteem

I know this is not the way it should be but all my maternal instincts are lighting my loins up for Chris. Everytime he belittle's himself or says a joke isn't funny or say Keith is carrying the whole convo I just want to hug him and nuzzle him against my hairy pecs.

Chris is hilarious and sexy (with and without the weight he dropped). As a listener of the Mental Illness Happy Hours I know where these issues are stemming from but I still just want to hold him and maybe blow him a little, and say "you did better than OK and you should know that"