Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Fuck Eddie Murphy?
Yes 75 88.24%
No 10 11.76%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree25Likes

Old 02-23-2015, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

2136: Fuck Eddie Murphy

Cindy Crawford’s untouched photo; Uma Thurman’s new face; Machine Gun Preacher, Movie 43, Sharknado, and Sharknado 2 reviewed; SNL 40 and Academy Awards 2015 discussed; #FuckEddie; Harris Wittels overdoses

Guest:
Danny Hatch

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Eddie Murphy Turned Down Bill Cosby 'SNL' Impression | Rolling Stone - is "he doesn't need the laughs" a thing with him?

I was looking forward to some crazy, and he comes out, says thanks and bounces. Fuck him. We should've been given 4 minutes of Maya Rudolph's Donatella Versace instead.

Also, I love that Keith couldnt even say "reservoir dogs". (I guess it'll be okay cause they don't go "hey! We're reservoir dogs ova here!" In the actual movie ��)

Last edited by iheartnihilism; 02-24-2015 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Considering he has his own scandal (picking up a trans person) I understand not wanting to shit on someone else who has a scandal. I'm not saying 30+rapes and picking up a lady boy are equal but still a scandal.

The timing of when he knew that was the skit and when he decided not to, that is all I can fault him for. Conversely why didnt SNL have a few options written so there was something else for him to do, the show routinely preps throwaway skits. It's crazy to think you dont have another option for the person who saved the show back in the 80's FOH. Eddie at 19 was edgy, Eddie at 50 is trying to hold on to whats left of his movie career and does not want to piss off people who might be able to help him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
Eddie Murphy Turned Down Bill Cosby 'SNL' Impression | Rolling Stone - is "he doesn't need the laughs" a thing with him?

I was looking forward to some crazy, and he comes out, says thanks and bounces. Fuck him. We should've been given 4 minutes of Maya Rudolph's Donatella Versace instead.

Also, I love that Keith couldnt even say "reservoir dogs". (I guess it'll be okay cause they don't go "hey! We're reservoir dogs ova here!" In the actual movie ��)
Old 02-24-2015, 08:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Why didn't they have other options for Eddie?

Of course they would have.

"Well, I guess just go out there and talk. All us writers can't think of anything else. Sorry, buddy."
Old 02-24-2015, 08:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Budapest

I didn't understand why the four second clip of Julie Andrews was played three times ... did her voice sound too strong in Keith's ears for her to have claimed she could no longer sing? Or was she doing something visual?

Not sure what the bit was, there.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Maybe Eddie Murphy doesn't go back to all the stuff that he is known for because he knows the magic can't be recreated. It's a lose, lose situation, whatever we expect from him has been built up so much in our heads that its never going to be as good as what we expect.

I really think people aren't going to be happy till Eddie Murphy releases a press release saying; "Sorry America, I'm an older man now. My sensibilities have changed and I'm no longer the person I was when I was 20. I'm washed up, now please stop looking to me for entertainment."
da_ticklah likes this.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

"With that said, I'll keep going to these comedy events as if I am indeed going to entertain, however. I will also hype up these appearances in interviews. Please don't let that confuse you."
Czarveillance likes this.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Wtf was Uma thinking? There was a reason her face was on the poster for pulp fiction despite the small role she played. #fuckeddie

Last edited by Eric M; 02-24-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
"With that said, I'll keep going to these comedy events as if I am indeed going to entertain, however. I will also hype up these appearances in interviews. Please don't let that confuse you."
If he didn't show up people would have still shit on him for not showing up. It's basically impossible to live up to the expectations put on him. It's not like he's still out there still hitting up the clubs working on new material.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

surprising everyone, including myself, I would not fuck Eddie Murphy. He's not cute.

also Besides Short and Rudolph's amazing performance I was kinda bored by the whole thing. I stopped watching at Eddie's terrible "thank you" speech and his awkward and painful cut to commercial