Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you had the BRCA1 gene would you get a preventative mastectomy?
Yes 53 84.13%
No 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree55Likes

Old 04-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
I voted yes. I plan on getting a reduction within the next two years anyway, lets just wipe the slate clean if you will, and start fresh. My insurance would cover it.
I'm sure scumhook would reply with something like " G'Day, Give a bloke a fair go and share those knockers on a thread so we can follow this walk about with you"

Myself, I would never stoop so low and wish to treat this BRCA1 gene discussion with the dignity it deserves and thus submit it should be shared on a private twitter feed.
iheartnihilism likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel View Post
Chemda has said on a couple episodes that in female MMA you can't hit the chest.
You sure that's what she said about getting hit in the chest? I don't remember it that way at all. I just remember her pointing out that getting boobs is a disadvantage in fighting terms.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

With all the talk about the MMA transgender discussion I wonder where the crew would fall on this topic.

A transgender man wants to be on the cover of Mens Health. He is leading in the votes right now and might make it. Is it okay when the gender competition goes from woman towards man instead of a man transitioned to a woman?

Meet Aydian Dowling, The Trans Hunk Aiming For A ?Men?s Health? Cover - The Daily Beast
Old 04-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'm fine with anyone being on the cover of anything. It's when people can get hurt is where there's an issue.

Anyone who sees a woman though should be pleased that there's finally a woman on the cover of that gay magazine.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
With all the talk about the MMA transgender discussion I wonder where the crew would fall on this topic.

A transgender man wants to be on the cover of Mens Health. He is leading in the votes right now and might make it. Is it okay when the gender competition goes from woman towards man instead of a man transitioned to a woman?

Meet Aydian Dowling, The Trans Hunk Aiming For A ?Men?s Health? Cover - The Daily Beast
I agree with Keith on this one no one going to get physically hurt. On the issue of my thoughts of it being same situation as the Fallon debate. Lets say a transgender male wanted to compete in the MMA. That's easy for me. Obviously it's up to him in that situation but I wouldn't want to watch him fight the natural males. There would b way to much of a disadvantage for him. I couldn't get into watching that.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I'm fine with anyone being on the cover of anything. It's when people can get hurt is where there's an issue.

Anyone who sees a woman though should be pleased that there's finally a woman on the cover of that gay magazine.
Wait. Really? I thought this whole thing was about having a fair competition. My opinion wouldn't have changed if I had realized it was about safety, but my discussion points may have.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

What?

What's the difference?

Yes, I care about a person with a man's body beating the shit out of women that don't have a choice if they want to compete.

Oh my goodness...
Old 04-14-2015, 08:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
Wait. Really? I thought this whole thing was about having a fair competition. My opinion wouldn't have changed if I had realized it was about safety, but my discussion points may have.
I'm sure you'd have been much more reasonable.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
What?

What's the difference?

Yes, I care about a person with a man's body beating the shit out of women that don't have a choice if they want to compete.

Oh my goodness...
I never said you didn't care about ladies getting hurt, Keith. Come on.

There's a huge difference. That's why sports have rules for safety, and rules for... I guess morality?

Can I use roller derby as an example? Ok, thanks.

In roller derby we have a rule that states you can't hit someone in the back, in the knees, or above the shoulders. This is about skater safety. We also have a rule that states you can't gain relative position over someone while out of bounds. This is about having a fair game and has zero to do with the safety of the skaters.

Additionally, many of the comments I read in the other threads seemed specifically about fairness in competition.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
I'm sure you'd have been much more reasonable.
When was I not reasonable?