Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Can you take a joke?
Yes 37 72.55%
No 14 27.45%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree49Likes

Old 11-13-2015, 10:46 PM   #31 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

ugh this sucks
I'm sorry he's been doing this to you and you to brush it off for so long
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:00 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Furor is the right word though.
I think he meant 'Führer'
Old 11-14-2015, 03:13 PM   #33 (permalink)

Great episode, Kliph's book sounds wonderful.

So bummed that Jackie put Chemda through that ridiculousness. Proud and glad that she outed his creepy old ass - may the same fate befall all boundary violating sacks of shit. Creeps count on everyone being too uncomfortable to call out their creepiness. Drain the swamp.

Relieved the call-ins are over. I sorta liked listening to Keith laugh at (not WITH) the sad old man, but Martlin was the worst part of any show he was on. There was something really dark and tragic about KATG indulging this pitiful, condescending old hack that didn't seem to know he wasn't even a D-Lister anymore. It was fascinatingly pathetic - a tremendous car wreck but terrible radio.

It had gotten to where I'd groan out of reflex when his dumb loud voice came on to ruin 5 minutes of the show. Won't miss the Jackie "the Jokebookreadaloudman" Martlin on KATG.

Last edited by EatTheWeak; 11-14-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:54 PM   #34 (permalink)

Kudos to Chemda for callin' that old perv out! I remember enjoying his call-ins in the beginning, specifically his delivery on the dog-baseball joke and the guests' reactions had me in a laughing fit, but "his" jokes just got worse and worse and at a certain point I started going "oh god, here we go..." in my head every time I'd hear him call in. Keith and Chemda always managed to plow through the awkwardness like champs though. Gooooood riddance.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:45 PM   #35 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I never get those "why didn't this come up earlier" type of questions.
It comes out when it has to.

To me, this is a very big part of blaming victims.
Pretty close to "but what were you wearing?" culture.

(Just went through a similar situation two nights ago, but with an even closer "friend", also a club promoter, owner of the place I was playing in. This ruined my night and my next day for good.)

Listened to the show today and realized (even more) how fucked up this entertainment (big league) world already is for us women.
So GOOD, Chemda, for speaking out. GOOD, Keith for sticking up to the team.

It's weird how it's the never the women questioning these things. We've all been there. It's very fucked up and it seems never ending at times.

So... Fuck him.

Keep it up, guys.
You're not known for "burning bridges" for us who love and trust your judgement;
you're known for always being open and honest about your lives and always being transparent about shit you encounter during the ride.

We're on you're side so far.

Thank you.

Last edited by mariana; 11-14-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:36 AM   #36 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariana View Post

It's weird how it's the never the women questioning these things. We've all been there. It's very fucked up and it seems never ending at times.
There's no excuse for what Jackie did. As a guy, you rarely hear about it. Definitely don't experience it. So good on Chemda, (and anyone else) who exposes this kinda behavior. It's gross. It's disgusting. It shows no class.

I liked Pat Dixons comedy. Thought Jackie call ins were great absurd comedy bits. But to hear both of these fools disrespecting Chemda, and thus KATG...its unforgivable.

Goes to show. Not all men in the comedy world are the intelligent, evolved, ...I dunno. Liberal men you hope them to be. Call em all out. It's about time fans know who or what they're supporting.
mariana likes this.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:14 AM   #37 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Sorry to be late to the party but just wanted to chime in and say I am proud of Chemda calling out bullshit behavior that should not be allowed to go on. Too many people get away with all kinds of nonsense by claiming it was "a joke" or saying "in my day..." Keith is 100 percent right when he says this kind of behavior was NEVER right. Women just had to grit their teeth and put up with it.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:18 AM   #38 (permalink)
Los

Jokes can be copyrighted, but they have to be in a tangible form (recorded or written down), not just spoken. All of Keith's jokes on the show, his book and his CDs are eligible, and are already copyrighted even if he didn't file. After the 1978 law, you don't have to register a copyright; once a work is created in a fixed form, it's automatically copyrighted. Filing the registration form just makes it easier to enforce in court.

The issue is that Fair Use allows short excerpts to be used for parody, so a variation of a copyrighted joke could be used by someone else. If your work is in a fixed format though, and copied word-for-word, you should defend your ownership.

Can Jokes Be Copyrighted?

Even short phrases can be copyrighted, but there can be an overlap with trademarks. For example, annoucer Michael Buffer's line "Let's get ready to rumble" is both copyrighted (you can't use recordings of him saying it without permission) and has a trademark (you can't repeat his phrase in a similar context to its original use - at the start of an event, or in promotion).

If they're not paying royalties for their use, Keith and Chemda might want to get legal advice about the copyrighted songs played at the end of old shows, especially since the archive is part of a paid subscription.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:28 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
I registered just to say that I completely agree with Chemda. And the less women tolerate this bullshit harassment, and the bullshit excuses from everyone over it, the sooner this attitude of accepting and expecting sexual harassment will go the way of the dinosaur.
What were you wearing when you posted this?

Also, you sound very angry. Fortunately for you, I am here to help.

Now lie down on this couch, close your eyes, and let's talk about where all this pain comes from.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:54 PM   #40 (permalink)

Oh no, Chris Laker is in the PD wedding pics. Is he still a friend of the show? I'm sure he can be friends with both sides but we haven't heard him on KATG for a while.

Aziz Ansari's new Netflix show "Master of None" is great and one episode about sexism has scenes so similar to what has been discussed on KATG before that I could believe Chemda co-wrote it. Recommend.

Aziz Ansari Master Of None Sexism

Last edited by WittyReference; 11-15-2015 at 10:57 PM. Reason: more then one scene