Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you feel like a burden talking to food service employees?
Yes 10 40.00%
No 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Sparrow
  • 1 Post By Tulipaloozi
  • 1 Post By Keith

Old 05-24-2016, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2394: HaLOL

with Gary Gulman – Gary’s football career; video game sportsmanship; food expiration dates; Middle Eastern humor; employee with Anti-Trump hat receives death threats; gay pastor lies about receiving a homophobic slur on his Whole Foods’ cake; woman follows GPS into the lake; mailmen caught dumping mail in garbage cans and rivers; Bill Cosby will stand trial for indecent assault

Guest:
Gary Gulman

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 05-25-2016 at 11:41 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

freeze stuff. bulk leftovers, meat, milk, bread, nuts, soups, fresh herbs. almost anything, really, if you find yourself making too much of something or using a product too slowly for the amount you buy. it eliminates a lot of sniff testing. i'd call it a life hack, but it's not; this is just how it's done.

Gary Gulman is an angel. a sweet, baby angel. i bet he fucks real gentle and then looks up at you through sweaty hair and smiles.
Keith and lizsquiz like this.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Keith, you would've really despised my mother-in-law's food hoarding habits.

The standalone freezer in her garage had about 4 to 5 jugs of frozen milk that were 6 months past their expiration dates, meats/veggies that were 2-3 years old, months old bread, and, my personal favorite, deer meat from the late 80s/early 90s.

The freezer wouldn't be checked before going to the grocery store most of the time, so all of that food just sat there while even more food was brought into the house. That is, until I took it upon myself and started pulling shit out of that freezer and putting it all into garbage bags. She ended up digging through the garbage bags and pulled things out that "weren't that bad" or "not too far off from its expiration date."

It was even more frustrating because she was battling cancer at the time and I didn't see how 3 year old freezer burned chicken breasts would help her (or any of us) in any way.

The fridge in the house wasn't immune from this type of neglect, either. I can't count how many times I pulled out condiments just to see they were a year or two past the expiration dates, forgotten/moldy leftovers, and dangerously soft fruits/veggies.

Even though she had terrible food hoarding habits, she was a fantastic and lovely woman that is dearly missed.
Keith likes this.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

RIP.

It's crazy how much stuff they have and yet they know to go shopping every week.
Tulipaloozi likes this.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Yeah, I couldn't and still don't understand it. Haha. I'm thinking it was something she picked up from her mom when she was growing up.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2016, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Gary is so soothing and funny. I could listen to him all day.

And he turns up 24 hours early??? Makes a nice change