Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: AMERICAN CITIZENS WHO CHOSE NOT TO VOTE ONLY: Do you wish you had voted?
Yes 0 0%
No 3 8.82%
I voted 28 82.35%
I'm not eligible to vote 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree33Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2016, 04:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer
 
memecherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I'm still very sad because of the election.
People were too sure hillary would win. They were not excited about her, because she seemed not cool enough or left enough or whatever.
Well, now you have it. She was not perfect enough for you so you elected the devil.
I did not expect this. I try to accept it, it was an election and obviously this is Americas opinion.
Still I have lots of questions. How can Christians be behind him?
He has his 3. Wife. He cheated. His behavior is not this of a good christian. ( I left church, but I was raised very christian)
Helping the refugees, helping the poor, this is the Christian thing to do. At least on paper.
Not sure if you've noticed before... A LOT of hypocrisy at work in church... Especially Christians...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Sparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,376
White Christian Oppression is Starbucks not having snowflakes on their winter cups. i think that's a good place to start in trying to understand the things ahead of us.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
therewillbesnacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Poland
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I'm still very sad because of the election.
People were too sure hillary would win. They were not excited about her, because she seemed not cool enough or left enough or whatever.
Well, now you have it. She was not perfect enough for you so you elected the devil.
I did not expect this. I try to accept it, it was an election and obviously this is Americas opinion.
Still I have lots of questions. How can Christians be behind him?
He has his 3. Wife. He cheated. His behavior is not this of a good christian. ( I left church, but I was raised very christian)
Helping the refugees, helping the poor, this is the Christian thing to do. At least on paper.
When it comes down to it, the Christian Republicans who voted for Trump, and Christian Republicans in general, could give a shit about Christ-like values. They literally use Jesus as an excuse to hate foreign brown people (the irony). Many of them are adulterers themselves, and yet they hate gay people because they disrespect "the sanctity of marriage", and even pass laws against us in some states. The idea that "Christ-loving" white women could vote for Trump after everything he's said about women, especially the pussy-grabbing comments, is an utter joke, and yet here we are (not to blame them exclusively obviously). Nothing he could have said would have lost him the election. He won because of two major things: 1) People are fed up with the establishment, and Hillary was the epitome of the establishment. And 2) HRC didn't do enough to address the people living in rust belt states, which are the ones that ultimately cost her the election.

Here's a great article explaining that last point, and how Trump won easily in areas where Obama had landslides in 2008.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/up...ss-whites.html
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
therewillbesnacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Poland
Posts: 72
I'd also like to add to the list of why Trump won: Hillary's a woman. I'm not a fan of hers, but I'm almost certain that if she were a man having done all the things she did, she'd simply be viewed as a "tough" and "no-bullshit" candidate, and she would have had a much better chance of winning.

Not that that needed to be necessarily mentioned, but I just wanted to add that point.
Mermaid likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Sparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,376
feel ya. i'm not a fervent Clinton supporter, though i did vote for her, but when it came down to it i had to vote /against/ the permission for white assholes to be openly assholes, against dangerous levels of nationalism, and against Christian theocracy.
Keith, theycallmepyro and Apia like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Dean from Australia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,297


How Australia saw it...
Los and therewillbesnacks like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Los
Senior Member
 
Los's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewillbesnacks View Post
I'd also like to add to the list of why Trump won: Hillary's a woman. I'm not a fan of hers, but I'm almost certain that if she were a man having done all the things she did, she'd simply be viewed as a "tough" and "no-bullshit" candidate, and she would have had a much better chance of winning.
It's not that Hillary's a woman, it's that Hillary is Hillary. Hatred of her (and her husband) goes back decades. She couldn't undo that in one election cycle. Instead, she made it worse. The hearings and investigation aren't over either.

I don't know if they talked about it on the show, but people had their minds made up a long time ago. I bet a lot of Trump supporters paid no attention to the media coverage. If you only read Breitbart and followed Trump on Twitter, you'd have a very different view of this election.
mattkiwiwatt likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
WittyReference's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 561
History has shown us all around the world that when things get tough on the middle and lower classes they look to the right for easy answers.

But I just can't right now, it's still early in the 7 stages of grief. Let's make jokes instead.

Trump missed the opportunity of using this as his campaign song.



Keith has talked about how it's awkward to sing along to some rap songs now. I would've been singing along to this when I was 13 and unsure of why it made me not feel right even though the music was pretty. I must have known not to play it in front of my parents though. Ironically it was at the same time I started getting into Public Enemy.
therewillbesnacks likes this.
__________________
.
We made some music for trippers. On drugs it'll all make sense

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
therewillbesnacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Poland
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
History has shown us all around the world that when things get tough on the middle and lower classes they look to the right for easy answers.

But I just can't right now, it's still early in the 7 stages of grief. Let's make jokes instead.

Trump missed the opportunity of using this as his campaign song.



Keith has talked about how it's awkward to sing along to some rap songs now. I would've been singing along to this when I was 13 and unsure of why it made me not feel right even though the music was pretty. I must have known not to play it in front of my parents though. Ironically it was at the same time I started getting into Public Enemy.
Haha holy shit, I never knew Guns 'n Roses that well, but I had no idea they had such a blatantly bigoted song. Would have fit Trump's rallied perfectly.

That's a rad solo though, gotta give 'em that.
WittyReference likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
kevinquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 87
Not endorsing these views and I know that a lot of liberal Christians are upset with Trump but to answer Apia's question - Franklin Graham Encourages Evangelicals to Think of Trump as Moses or David.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger