Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you have a parental figure who is a sexual predator?
Yes 2 4.76%
No 40 95.24%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree110Likes

Old 08-20-2018, 03:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

As if SpareBen wanted to talk WITH us as opposed to TO us...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don't think he wants me in this conversation at all, actually.
Keith and porky2468 like this.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:26 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I’m fine with knowing there was a guy named Jesus in that time. What this means for him being the son of god is another question.
Right -- that's a whole other question that people can answer personally for themselves (but not impose on others)
Apia and SpareBen like this.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:01 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsquiz View Post
I just referenced bible.org and allaboutjesuschrist.org. I'm not sure what your argument is. It seems to be one of semantics.

[...]

what did the people who were actually a part of conversation think about what Jesus said?[/I]
Your bible.org link was about Jesus being God's son, not being God. Everything in the other link can be disproved. I've studied this stuff for years. Re semantics, try another case of this argument:
if Keith said you absolutely did claim to be pro-life & someone presented evidence of what other people in the conversation thought you meant, would you want someone questioning Keith's claim?

Not imposing anything - this sprung from Keith making fun of something ridiculous and my desire for some of you to see that it might not be quite so ridiculous.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #35 (permalink)

Thousands of religions throughout human history using the same logic to claim that their religion is the right one lol Interesting that the more that science learns about the natural world the less grandiose the miracles become.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:27 AM   #36 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Ben, what happened to you being shown that your link to Jesus being mentioned outside of the bible was fake? Why do religious people think we're going to forget our questions aren't answered? You brought it up. I assume when religious people skip over a wrinkle it's deliberate, but maybe it's not?

You're doing as much studying as the dude in The Case for Christ.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #37 (permalink)

Hugs for the one yes vote
porky2468 likes this.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:10 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
In brief, the person-hood of the spirit is a made up thing - it is God's power. Some could interpret it as...
then it's whatever we want it to be. very good.
Keith and SpareBen like this.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:14 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Ben, what happened to you being shown that your link to Jesus being mentioned outside of the bible was fake? Why do religious people think we're going to forget our questions aren't answered? You brought it up. I assume when religious people skip over a wrinkle it's deliberate, but maybe it's not?

You're doing as much studying as the dude in The Case for Christ.
I didn't skip over it. I acquiesced to Chemda's point that I'm not an archaeologist. But the disproving link was already addressed in my initial wikipedia link. I'm assuming you lack the interest or patience to read either of the links so what's the point in arguing?

Last edited by SpareBen; 08-21-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:28 PM   #40 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Oh I already said there's no point in arguing. I'm just trying to see if you know you're not taking anyone's points in and that you're really just talking and not discussing.

I know that's what I'm doing. I'm not debating The Case for Christ. I'm simply stating I checked it out, and, if anyone is curious, it's fucking ridiculous, with quotes such as: "People wouldn't be willing to die for something that wasn't real," which somehow really moved you. You, however, like to pretend you're open for a discussion, but it's clear to us that you're not. I was trying to learn if you recognized that.

You're not open at all.

My dad thinks he's open too, you know what I mean? Of course youse aren't. C'mon naw...

Peace and love.
SpareBen likes this.

Last edited by Keith; 08-21-2018 at 01:30 PM.