Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 07-11-2006, 02:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

regarding airbrushing -
why do women wear makeup then. i feel betrayed when i wake up next to a woman the next morning without makeup. if you can't airbrush a yearbook picture, then women shouldn't wear makeup
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #22 (permalink)

http://tmz.com/photos/eva-longoria-w...-makeup/16367/

eva-longoria-without-makeup
Old 07-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...212361,00.html

the english paper the guardian has the exchange recorded and will probably air it soon
Old 07-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #24 (permalink)

I heard clicks in the MP3 but not on the live feed. (like a click on a vinyl record)

Last edited by paul_r; 07-11-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:22 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeDrunkReadyToFakeFight
I think you forgot some stuff. It's more like this most of the time:
You are completely right .. (Good Job!) ...I think that's lesson 2 in photoshopping .. http://homepage.mac.com/gapodaca/dig...i/bikini2.html
Thigh goes in, breasts goes out ..
Old 07-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r
I heard clicks in the MP3 but not on the live feed. (like a click on a vinyl record)
Yeah those are the things I mentiond in another thread. It's when the hard drive can't keep up with the incomming stream and leave tiny little gaps in the audio file.
There's stuff you can do to help it though. Like, making sure you're defragged, setting the virtual memory page file to fixed size so that i't doesn't get rewritten everytime you fill up the ram, turn of all non critical processes and not doing stuff that causes the hard drive to jump to new read positions... and more.

Though a plain stereo recording shouldn't require a huge amount of optimization on modern box. I wonder if the streamer uses a disk cache of if it's a ram only thing.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #27 (permalink)

airbrushing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbintheboywanker
regarding airbrushing -
why do women wear makeup then. i feel betrayed when i wake up next to a woman the next morning without makeup. if you can't airbrush a yearbook picture, then women shouldn't wear makeup
actually... my last job was airbrushing kids school pictures for Jostens. all day long. mostly zits, you know how high school can be. some moms wanted their kids braces taken off. some had a stray hair in their face. some had hairs sticking up. some glasses glared white and covered their eyes. then there were the brides that wanted to look skinnier in their wedding dress in their wedding pictures. wanted their nipples not to show through their dress. wanted the drunk bridesmaid airbrushed in cause she was off puking. stuff like that. my job - 10 hours a day. it was a hell of a lot of fun, but grueling.
  • Yes, I am the chick magnet.
  • No, my wife will not join us in a threesome.

Last edited by FakeDrunkReadyToFakeFight; 07-11-2006 at 06:25 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 07-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeDrunkReadyToFakeFight
actually... my last job was airbrushing kids school pictures for Jostens. all day long. mostly zits, you know how high school can be. some moms wanted their kids braces taken off. some had a stray hair in their face. some had hairs sticking up. some glasses glared white and covered their eyes. then there were the brides that wanted to look skinnier in their wedding dress in their wedding pictures. wanted their nipples not to show through their dress. wanted the drunk bridesmaid airbrushed in cause she was off puking. stuff like that. my job - 10 hours a day. it was a hell of a lot of fun, but grueling.
There has to be a good story in there somewhere.....a secret something done to some picture....10 hours a day, you gotta find some sort of entertainment....
Old 07-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #29 (permalink)

Awesome show--Max is great, a much better fit than some other guests, IMO...
Old 07-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahfingway
There has to be a good story in there somewhere.....a secret something done to some picture....10 hours a day, you gotta find some sort of entertainment....
(I only worked there for a summer: 'the summer of hell,' I call it. They had AMAZINGLY hard quotas [110 pictures per hour] and amazing long hours including Saturday mornings - all days with two 12 minutes breaks to eat lunch or use the restroom. You weren't allowed bathroom breaks without staying after work. One minute gone = 12 minutes unpaid.)

These are the two best stories in my time there. There probably would have been more, but the senior staff got to do the fun stuff, I was stuck with zits:

1 - A family picture including the family dog. "Please remove excitedness."

2 - A nude picture of a very young baby boy already airbrushed to look like it was standing on a fountain. "Please create fountain effect."

That's all I remember. I try to block it all out... *wimper*