Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever gotten out of a drunk driving situation thanks to puke?
Yes 2 3.85%
No 50 96.15%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree122Likes

Old 08-12-2019, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3131: Some Intents and Purposes w/ JC Best

How to cover your drunk driving with puke; coming out of the closet and anti-gay therapy; cheating live-in lovers; bad marriages; sexual spam scams; dementia-ridden moms masturbating in front of sons

Guest:
JC Best

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

This guy is an open book
Old 08-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
This guy is an open book
LEGIT open book. Holy moly!

Almost gave up on ep though. I couldn’t follow his stories. He couldn’t seem to talk into the mic. Kept having to back up and re-listen.

Then he drops, “I was at straight camp. I almost made it - graduated and everything. Next thing I know I’m fucking this hot Jew guy.”

This guest is fascinating albeit frustrating/hard to hear. Don’t try and multitask. This ain’t a play in the background ep.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

this was a wild fucking ride!

skating around issues, going into vague details, but ultimately being honest.
but also still whacky! I didn't watch on youtube but I could feel Keith shuddering at "I don't take too many showers."

I was all on board for smelly pits but my boner died for "I only fuck white dudes." Some how even more gross than when white dudes say it.

I wonder what made K&C feel like they could keep pressing on issues to get to an actual answer. In similar situations I woulda assumed you two would just start talking to each other about the news or something but you really kept pushing until he spilled all the tea

Last edited by FingerLakes; 08-19-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Can't wait to hear on LWoKATG how late he was to the studio.

I got him though. Every time Keith and Chemda (and apparently Fingerlakes and Piff Daddy) were confused I was following him just fine.

That said ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
He couldn’t seem to talk into the mic. Kept having to back up and re-listen.
... I thought is might just be my fucked up old punk rock/construction worker ears. I ended up having to run the ep through compression on Audacity just to be able to make out everything he was saying.

So F U JC, I might've been more on your side if you hadn't made me do extra homework just to hear you, Mr I Make My Living Using Microphones.

I meeeeeeeeeeean, wtf bro ...

I've never seen a grosser waveform.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Holy shit, I had to sit and take a breath after that one. What a roller coaster.

Keith and Chemda kept with it admirably!
Newsy, porky2468, Apia and 2 others like this.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Done.

Finally.

Rape kits. Dementia. Somebody running around like a Pastor but also enjoys gay pride parades...

What a strange ep. Can a WTF category be introduced to the Katguhs?
NilFC, Apia, AstoriaGirl and 3 others like this.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

Fucking wow.

First off, I kept thinking it was me on the mic because our voices are so similar. I haven't flip flopped on a guest so much in a while. He would give these nuggets of honesty and vulnerability and then churn my stomach with an inappropriate turn of phrase.

In terms of coming out, how he feels about "being gay", where he firsts in the gay community - he's where I was when I was 16 and just coming out. He seems to have a similar contrarian personality that I do - not wanting to be what people "expect" you to be, not wanting to fit into someone's idea about you..

He just needs a few more liberal friends to give a few reproachful looks whenever he says something bordering on misogynistic or whatever. I had to accept and work through the fact that I was a gay misogynist, I had to work on not putting down the gay community and not trying to distance myself as a lone wolf, I still feel weird and on guard about PDA (straight people have no idea what you have to work up to, to be able to feel comfortable wit that shit)

I think he has a lot of potential, I think he should be in regular therapy just to continue to have conversations like today, I even dig the gay pastor vibes and everything (even though, keep religionanf your God the hell away from me) - although homeboy, keep the "white dudes" thing to yourself though? It helps I force ideas within yourself and the community that black men aren't desirable unless someone has a BBC fetish - it's just not a good look. I myself am 34 and am making a concerned effort to be attracted to black guys because of society and self hate and whatever.

Good ep, shower time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2019, 08:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Felt like we were just starting to plumb the depths of this dude - can we get a What's My Name with Newsy as co-host?
Old 08-13-2019, 08:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

For the guest page, his twitter content is out of date - maybe consider changing the link to his Instagram? Seems like it's been quite a journey from co-hosting Trans Talk to Amen.