Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-09-2006, 12:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Can anyone tell me what song that was at the end of the show? My girlfriend loves it. Thanks
So what's the deal with the indie music bumpers all of the sudden? Did KATG get a cease and desist? Are they anti anything that is on the podsafe network?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_synths
DAAAAAMMMNNNNNN First Keet tells Chemda's secret and than tells her what she can and can't eat. Tsk Tsk.
Lately im thinking Chemda could do better.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slag
So what's the deal with the indie music bumpers all of the sudden? Did KATG get a cease and desist? Are they anti anything that is on the podsafe network?
Just supporting the "local" musicians is my guess. Anyone can pick up a Van Halen CD but playin KATG fan's music is pimp.

Checkout http://www.myspace.com/sicknewmonster if anyone gives a fuck. Yes it's a self promo

P.S. If you don't like heavy industrial music I suggest you don't listen. Peace.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:07 AM   #14 (permalink)

Japan Vs. China

Normally I let wanton displays of Keith's complete ignorance of the world go, it's part of his lunky charm, but not knowing the difference between China and Japan is a big one.

Japan is a fully industrialized nation of 127 million people. China is a rapidly developing but still very poor nation of 1.3 billion people.

Japan is very expensive and crowded and people would rather have small families. The population growth of Japan is actually slowing and may reverse.

Although, if true, not being able to get BCP's in Japan is fucked up. That's a lot of condoms to have to count on.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
They will take home 500K, not enough to quite work. Maybe where there at, but it would not Buy MYN's House in So.Cal.
Not to mention, if they've been working for so long, they're so close to retirement and a decent pension. Anything under a million isn't really enough to quit work about. Maybe to take a sabbatical or take time off to find a better job, but not enough to quit on. Especially if you've got kids.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

When i was 20 I bought my first car. The clutch was going out, and I had the cash to fix it, until my rent money went missing. So I took a second job working the graveyard shift at a gas station. Everyone was coming in and buying lottery tickets, so I figured what the hell. That Saturday night I remembered they had announced the numbers, so I called the automated phoneline to hear. First number matched... 2nd.. 3rd.. I got 5 of 6 numbers and nearly shit.

Unfortunately so did 12 other people, but I still came away with $700 and enough to fix my clutch. Never went back to the gas station. So I can officially say I won the lottery and quit my job.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:05 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slag
It seems to me they are working hard to get more press and recognition and income so they don't need to clown anymore. Making it big would make you a bigger target for those evil agencies who frown upon playing "mainstream" music.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Can anyone tell me what song that was at the end of the show? My girlfriend loves it. Thanks
"Song: Hiptown
Artist: Elipsis"
Old 08-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellojkt
Normally I let wanton displays of Keith's complete ignorance of the world go, it's part of his lunky charm, but not knowing the difference between China and Japan is a big one.
I didn't get the impression he didn't know the difference, even in a joking manner, which one would expect. He even corrected Chemda on the one they were talking about, didn't he? And seriously, this is the thing you're going to get upset about? This is where you draw the line? Granted, that line is already drawn, in the form of the East China Sea and, you know, maps, but still. That's silly.

On the music... I'm always disappointed that we no longer get the song that encapsulates the show, and it'd be way too much to ask for that to continue in some way with the listener music, but I know I have to get over it. And I am. It doesn't help that most of it is kind of terrible, but I suppose that's what the stop button is for.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

awesome show just finshed listening to it