Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Funko Pop!: Who is the asshole?
The husband 25 56.82%
The wife 19 43.18%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree103Likes

Old 07-17-2020, 01:00 PM   #41 (permalink)

I don’t know what to tell you. I’ve been thin, I’ve been fat, I’ve gone through phases of dressing up and dressing down, and in my experience it makes a huge difference in how I’ve been treated in relationships...to a disgusting degree. I’m finally with a good man who isn’t like that but he would never choose plastic crap over our relationship. The type of guy who would choose his toys over his wife is the same kind of guy who would be easily swayed by changes in her appearance. Just speaking from experience. It’s sucks, but I don’t think it’s anti-woman.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 01:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkers View Post
I don’t know what to tell you. I’ve been thin, I’ve been fat, I’ve gone through phases of dressing up and dressing down, and in my experience it makes a huge difference in how I’ve been treated in relationships...to a disgusting degree. I’m finally with a good man who isn’t like that but he would never choose plastic crap over our relationship. The type of guy who would choose his toys over his wife is the same kind of guy who would be easily swayed by changes in her appearance. Just speaking from experience. It’s sucks, but I don’t think it’s anti-woman.
Nobody is talking about the toy collecting guy anymore.

I'm fucking mad at you for posting misogynistic body shaming bullshit.
vincecult likes this.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:21 PM   #43 (permalink)

I’m really sorry for making you mad. I don’t think a woman’s size should affect their relationship, and I know plenty of bigger women who have amazing relationships...with guys who are mature. I don’t think your weight should have anything to do with your worth, at all. I was just trying to get into this guy’s thought process because he’s clearly more interested in objects than people. He lacks maturity.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:41 PM   #44 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I’m really sorry for making you mad. I don’t think a woman’s size should affect their relationship, and I know plenty of bigger women who have amazing relationships...with guys who are mature. I don’t think your weight should have anything to do with your worth, at all. I was just trying to get into this guy’s thought process because he’s clearly more interested in objects than people. He lacks maturity.
You really do not get it do you?

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THAT DUDE

I do care that you (who I think is female but please feel free to correct me) decided that the easiest / fastest /most effective way to criticize a woman was by talking about her looks. So whatever the fuck you try to claim in your post you clearly think that fat = ugly = stupid

Sit down, buy an OMAT class maybe and think about that.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:47 PM   #45 (permalink)

I think you're coming from the assumption that I think conventional attractiveness is so important that saying a person isn't attractive is the same as saying they are in some way bad. Why is being unattractive = bad?
Old 07-17-2020, 01:54 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
I think you're coming from the assumption that I think conventional attractiveness is so important that saying a person isn't attractive is the same as saying they are in some way bad. Why is being unattractive = bad?
Oh I get it now you were complimenting that woman, ok got it
Apia resurrected likes this.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:01 PM   #47 (permalink)

No I was assuming the guy in this situation would probably have bent over backwards for her more if she were more conventionally attractive, because he is the immature type of man who would be swayed by that.

I said before I was very clumsy in saying that without putting in the whole thought process, and it was triggering...but it doesn't mean there aren't guys who are like this.

Guys can admit they are ugly all the time. Why can't women? A woman shouldn't have to be pretty at all to be valued.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:01 PM   #48 (permalink)

First off, the Fungo Pops will not likely increase in value. Beanie babies value didn’t hold up for more than a year or so.

Comic books are a classic example where older issues were selling for lots of money in the 90s so people started collecting all the new editions believing it would have the same returns. The reason the old editions were selling for so much money was for the nostalgia and limited surviving copies. When all the new printed copies are saved in mint condition, the limited supply never results.

Don’t invest in Fungo Pops. Put your money into an IRA, 401k, or a S&P 500 mutual fund.

Last edited by bagelwagel; 07-18-2020 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:09 PM   #49 (permalink)

The hard part with answering AITA question is taking it at face value. I’ll try.

I’m labeling him an asshole for the following reasons:
  1. He didn’t bother to understand her position. He doesn’t have to agree with her, but he at no point does he try to understand her reasoning.
  2. He didn’t call his wife for the days she was at her sister’s house. She suddenly out of nowhere is so upset she leaves and he shows no concern for her wellbeing.

Maybe she is nuts. Maybe she changed her mind. I don’t really know nor does he.
Binkers and FingerLakes like this.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:19 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Guys can admit they are ugly all the time. Why can't women?