Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 09-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

349: Podcasting = MONEY!!!

"Damn, Keith, I already stomped on mine!"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

You are doing the very thing that Howard has been complaining about. You say things without doing research or listening to the show. It is easy to dislike him, his lying, and his contradictions, if you don't listen to hear those things mentioned (even if in one off sentences). And if he does go back to regular radio, then I am sorry.

I love you.

Last edited by BlueCC; 09-20-2006 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Studio 60 is easily the best new show of the fall. God damn, the writing was great, and the pacing was perfect. I wasn't the biggest fan of Friends, but Matthew Perry just proves how good he is when he has good writing behind him. I was literally beeming when "Pressure" came on at the end.

NBC actually has a damn good lineup this time round. Well, except for 20 Good Years.

I'm going to give Sports Night a try, as it's another Sorkin drama. That and The West Wing.

And Max, cough.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCC
You are doing the very thing that Howard has been complaining about. You say things without doing research or listening to the show. It is easy to dislike him, his lying, and his contradictions, if you don't listen to hear those things mentioned (even if in one off sentences). And if he does go back to regular radio, then I am sorry.

I love you.
Howard Stern is an old whiny bitch. Period. He had his cake and ate it, but he wanted more. $500 million is a pertty good sellout number, don't you think? Now he's trying to play like he's the victim of everything, when it's all of his own doing. Mistakes on his part do not constitute a conspiracy on ours. That prick would sell his mother, which he's already done, to get some ratings. Did you see him on 60 Minutes this week? Here's a guy who ditched his wife of a c-list floozie to bolster his career, meanwhile his wife was 50% of his show. And to top that off, he'd throw the girlfriend inf ront of a bus to save himself. What kind of a man get's freaked out by a homeless guy and jumps into a cab while his woman has to fend for herself? You tell me. I'm not saying Opie and Anthony (two talentless, non tipping pricks) are any better, either.

Fuck it, it's just radio.

"That's actually one of the most logical and reasonable comments I've read on the forums for a long, long time." Ooda
Old 09-20-2006, 02:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsavimbi
Howard Stern is an old whiny bitch. Period. He had his cake and ate it, but he wanted more. $500 million is a pertty good sellout number, don't you think? Now he's trying to play like he's the victim of everything, when it's all of his own doing. Mistakes on his part do not constitute a conspiracy on ours. That prick would sell his mother, which he's already done, to get some ratings. Did you see him on 60 Minutes this week? Here's a guy who ditched his wife of a c-list floozie to bolster his career, meanwhile his wife was 50% of his show. And to top that off, he'd throw the girlfriend inf ront of a bus to save himself. What kind of a man get's freaked out by a homeless guy and jumps into a cab while his woman has to fend for herself? You tell me. I'm not saying Opie and Anthony (two talentless, non tipping pricks) are any better, either.

Fuck it, it's just radio.
I can't wait to see his ratings, as he'll finally be forced to justify what he did. In his mind, he was going to herald the massive uptake of satellite radio, and kill XM in the ratings. From what I've read (it's still hard to tell what's what with the obscurity of recording and subscription numbers), XM is still doing decently, and not about to loose the race as Stern predicted.

Hell, if he hadn't burnt all his bridges, then he may still have a cut down version of his show, ala Opie and Anthony, syndicated around the country. Now that they'll taken some of the big markets, it's going be harder for him to get markets, especially as he isn't the force he once was.

But yeah, the thing where he got in the cab first really wasn't a smart move.

If the iPod wasn't around, then satellite radio would have been a success.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

Here's what I was refering to;

7 Proven Strategies to Monetize Your Podcast in 30 Days or Less
Track 2: Podcasting as a Business
Instructor: Paul Colligan (bio), PaulColligan.com
Room: Ballroom A
<--- hear Paul describe his session

Description: Several elements of podcasting enable revenue generation models that have never before been seen in "traditional" broadcasting. Podcasts provide a level of marketing intimacy that can be leveraged to generate revenue exponentially more profitable than the basic ad insertion. Paul Colligan of PaulColligan.com has seen revenues from Podcasting ten to twenty times more profitable than some of the top ad buys publicly reported to date. He is also a student of Podcast monetization as is considered to be a leading authority on the topic. Join Paul as he presents 7 case studies and 7 proven strategies to monetizing a podcast, past all expectations, in 30 days or less. This fast-paced and paradigm-busting session is for anyone who knows that their podcast (from 5 to 500,000 listeners) is worth more than what the "experts" are telling them. If you want to make money with your podcast - this session will give you the knowledge you need to go back and do so quickly! (Comments)

Link to the Expo sessions site

Produced in Glasgow, Scotland

http://podcastusermagazine.com
A magazine about podcasting. It's free.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

in Chemda's mouth

Second podcast in a row where Chemda says " .... in my mouth .... ".

I miss a lot of the show because it's on in the background usually when I'm working, but that phrase pretty well puts everything else on hold. Thank god I'm not a surgeon.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Weak! I can't believe you guys talk shit on Howard!

How much you wanna bet that Sirius will survive and XM won't!

Fuck O & A!!
Old 09-20-2006, 05:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce
[B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"][FONT="Century Gothic"]Weak! I can't believe you guys talk shit on Howard!

How much you wanna bet that Sirius will survive and XM won't!
I wouldn't bet on any of them.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Keith!!!!

Don't get the wireless headphones. The signal will reprogam the Scooba and it will drown you in your sleep.