Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever been beaten up by a gang?
Yes 1 3.03%
No 32 96.97%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree89Likes

Old 03-03-2022, 12:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishred View Post
I believe she deserves a KATGU for totally breaking down the entire political situations of a slew of countries just by discussing wrestling. Spot on and we need her on CNN to break it down! So I don't know... Best Rant? Can a rant just be truth anymore?
Spot on with the wrestling simile. Both sides pretending and playing up their silly role for the crowd while at the same time working together to create the illusion. Best of friends who are in it together against the people paying them for the story lines.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 12:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Maybe I'm an outlier on this and I don't want to hurt Kat's feelings because she seemed like a really nice person, but oofah, that was an intense episode. Mainly because she talked so much, so fast, and had a lot of tangents - it was almost stressing me out. LOL! Could be my fault and just the day I was having, but I was resisting the urge to fast forward just to get to a point where either Keith or Chemda could get a word in, because I needed a break.

I will say that the stories she had to tell about the attack and her family were so interesting and incredible, and I'm glad she shared them so openly. Just hope that if she's on another episode she slows down, takes a beat, takes a breath and creates a few more listening opportunities (for herself). (Know that if you invite her on a marathon you'll never have to have nightmares of dead air)

Also side note - she's obviously a fan of Keith & Chemda and the show but still managed to hit the BINGO square of "can I swear on here?" which I found interesting.

Last but not least - big props to Keith and Chemda for giving great verbal notes on the visuals she was doing and not explaining. Another example of pros at work. I only wish she would have taken the hint and described things herself instead of continuing to act them out.
Old 03-03-2022, 01:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerchick View Post
Maybe I'm an outlier on this and I don't want to hurt Kat's feelings because she seemed like a really nice person, but oofah, that was an intense episode. Mainly because she talked so much, so fast, and had a lot of tangents - it was almost stressing me out. LOL! Could be my fault and just the day I was having, but I was resisting the urge to fast forward just to get to a point where either Keith or Chemda could get a word in, because I needed a break.

I will say that the stories she had to tell about the attack and her family were so interesting and incredible, and I'm glad she shared them so openly. Just hope that if she's on another episode she slows down, takes a beat, takes a breath and creates a few more listening opportunities (for herself). (Know that if you invite her on a marathon you'll never have to have nightmares of dead air)

Also side note - she's obviously a fan of Keith & Chemda and the show but still managed to hit the BINGO square of "can I swear on here?" which I found interesting.

Last but not least - big props to Keith and Chemda for giving great verbal notes on the visuals she was doing and not explaining. Another example of pros at work. I only wish she would have taken the hint and described things herself instead of continuing to act them out.
I agree. She seems really nice but also I was often confused and wondered where she was going with a story and I had to pause the episode and listen more later and I never do that.
beerchick likes this.
Old 03-03-2022, 01:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

Keith has fallen right into the trap of media's post modernist's manipulation; while the definition of liberalism is mostly correct...trying to equate liberalism with the American Democratic Party is MASSIVELY incorrect (which is the post modernists greatest trick since their ideas alone cannot withstanding any level of analysis on merit). Likewise, I'd point out that equating conservatism and American Republicanism is also wrong. <--- not understanding this and presenting them interchangeably is very telling.

The very rights that have been fought for by Liberalism are the rights that Conservatism attempt to conserve. Many of the movements attempted that have unintended (sometimes intended) negative consequences are the ones that are attempted to block or repeal by either conservatives in the case of blocking and liberals in the case of repeal. See Hayek's The Constitution of Liberty for a more full recounting of Liberalism.

American Democrats have a party line of pure democracy (populism onto collectivism), as in what the majority wants, which is in many cases directly opposed to Liberalism thus the rise of "the tyranny of the few by the many". Republicans' party line is to abide by the constitution which inherently falls in a portion of the conservatism sphere while other actions taken by the party are obviously not in line with conservatism nor the constitution which is primarily a problem of the growth of government outside of its constitutional purpose (additional but separate problem).

The difference between the Liberalism and American Democrats is best highlighted in American Slavery (Democrats for it because the majority wanted it and Liberals against it because it strips liberty from men. Republicans and conservatives against it because it contradicts the constitution.) I would argue that through the lens of history, specifically American history, Republicans have been on the side of Liberalism more often than Democrats. The linking together of liberalism and American Democratic party is a clever marketing trick to confuse and capture votes and popular support which amassing numbers is the whole idea behind the collectivist movements.

I think in fact there are VERY strong arguments as to why Trump was neither a Republican (disregard for constitution) nor a Liberal and his actions of collectivist ideology and strict closed market approach to nationalism puts him far closer to the definitions of a Democrat (which he was his entire life and just repackaged the same ideas with cute emotional appeals around it to run for GOP nomination).

Kat while claiming to be a centrist is far "left" of center in the United States. She may be a centrist compared to her Comedian friends (including in weird areas Keith and Chemda).

Paraphrasing Keith: 'The "right" rioted at the Capitol one day and I can't think of anything the Democrats have ever done'...stop lying! You are part of the problem, Keith. You, while a small piece of the echo chamber, are part of the problem that seduces the youth (yuck), the dumb (Rod) and the superfluous to the shit box thinking of postmodernism...and this is the thinking and rationality that has been pivotal in the worst atrocities in human history (Chemda's people and Keith's people bore the brunt of it but you seem unaware or unwilling to know your own history). At least try and mimic some level of honor, honesty, integrity, courage, temperance, anything.
Old 03-03-2022, 01:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What did you all have for dinner today? We had pasta with gongozola and spinach.
Old 03-03-2022, 01:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
What did you all have for dinner today? We had pasta with gongozola and spinach.

did BBQ meatball sliders for lunch. a dear friend made us some homemade pickles and it felt like a good opportunity to use them. #pimentocheese #hawaiianrolls
Old 03-03-2022, 01:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
did BBQ meatball sliders for lunch. a dear friend made us some homemade pickles and it felt like a good opportunity to use them. #pimentocheese
Sounds great! Dear friends who can cook are the best.
Sparrow and theycallmepyro like this.
Old 03-03-2022, 01:33 PM   #18 (permalink)

Tomorrow I’m planing on cooking broccoli soup. When I use a blender even my son will have it!
theycallmepyro likes this.
Old 03-03-2022, 01:39 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCase View Post
I can't stand the argument of "both sides are bad" and it's so revealing when Kat defends this opinion with the points that locking kids in cages was supported by Republicans (true) and Democrats want to take away everyone's guns and force you to eat soy (false). Even if the negatives she accuses the left of having were true, are they even comparable? Maybe she should stop arguing with her step-father since it sounds like he's convincing her with his OAN talking points.

I'll say, one side is happy to support and elect known criminals, pedophiles, and white nationalists, and it's not the Democrats. Their biggest crime is being completely ineffectual.

I'm glad Keith would challenge Kat on here nonsense but I had to stop listening half way through...

Kids in cages...SMH...you know that was instituted under Obama and is still in effect today...soooo....two wings, same bird?

One side has criminals, pedophiles and racists...and it's both sides. Biggest crime from Democrats is ineffectual? Did you miss specifically the last like 5 years of American history or the previous couple hundred to boot?

Literally armed combatants occupied and claimed autonomy inside the United States, just for starters...how can you have such huge blind spots?
Old 03-03-2022, 02:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
I ate the dinner for lunch accidentally (orange chicken, didn't realize it was for dinner.....) so now maybe I can trick Mr. Bootie into some Indian takeout

Or make spaghetti.