Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you had to pick a side (and you do), whose side are you on?
Will Smith 8 21.05%
Chris Rock 30 78.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree79Likes

Old 03-29-2022, 05:53 AM   #21 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
Last year you had one event at KATG week that was at a good time for European listeners. I loved it. Please please have one again?

The events are on the calendar. KATG.com/calendar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apia resurrected likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 10:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
She's hot AF with the buzzcut.
Men keep repeating this as if their opinion is universal or the only one that matters. People are usually very hard on themselves, especially in an industry where looks are everything.

Maybe she was bothered by the comment. That's OK. It obviously doesn't mean she or someone else should resort to violence. But she's allowed to not be happy about her condition and then not be happy about the joke (whatever it was implying). Comments about her looks are dismissive.
Mermaid likes this.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
whether or not he knew he was being ableist, he was. guys, losing all your hair is hella traumatic. our dear Bianca has let us in some on what that experience is like. that he used it as a vehicle to diss her career is a garbage move.

did Chris deserve a dressing down maybe somewhere private at the after party? sure. could Will have used his mic time to clap back? yeah. use your words, little babyfucks.
I'm just saying if you're Chris Rock and you don't know Jada has alopecia then you're figuring Jada's do was either a fashion statement (far from unheard of) or for a role (far from uncommon), so you're regarding Jada's short hair as a choice.

Obviously none of this is to minimize any hairloss-related trauma Jada has suffered, it's just to say that in all likelihood, in Chris's mind, that hack-ass, barely thought-out joke attempt was based in some combination of fashion taste and career trajectory rather than ableism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
Men keep repeating this as if their opinion is universal or the only one that matters. People are usually very hard on themselves, especially in an industry where looks are everything.

Maybe she was bothered by the comment. That's OK. It obviously doesn't mean she or someone else should resort to violence. But she's allowed to not be happy about her condition and then not be happy about the joke (whatever it was implying). Comments about her looks are dismissive.
It's being repeated because people are trying to figure out any ways in which Chris Rock (who, even in his prime, was never hotter than a 6) can be JUDGED as "punching down" at Jada (who's always been at least an 8).

Also, what kind of a stunted weirdo, male or female or intersex or other, doesn't think Jada Pinkett-Smith is hot? If that's not a universal opinion then that's on the zero-cred goofuses who disagree with that objective, fundamental and empirically-verifiable FACT and I totally judge the fuck out of and dismiss them.

Follow the science.
Old 03-29-2022, 01:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

did Chris not know about the alopecia?
rodimusprime likes this.
Old 03-29-2022, 02:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
did Chris not know about the alopecia?
He didn't know according to TMZ and a source close to him.
Old 03-29-2022, 02:20 PM   #26 (permalink)

bless his heart, so mostly he just put his foot in his mouth.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:15 PM   #27 (permalink)

There is definitely nuance in this.

[Black hair, jokes specifically about black women's hair, jokes specifically about black women's hair coming from other black people (especially black men), black women not feeling protected or cared for, black women's relation to white feminism, the vitriol on the internet towards Jada, how that vitriol is rooted in misogynoir, how the characterization of Jada as the mad black woman who is abusing Will is steeped in misogynoir, the other characterization of Jada as a Hollywood slut (aka Jezebel), how people (especially black people) are expected to just grin and bare a whole lot of shit and have the most perfectly well thought out diplomatic response when they finally do react, how we don't get to choose how people response to disrespect, how there is an obvious a cultural division in the response to the slap, how a black man has 30 years of being in the public eye being what most would consider a model citizen and one bad night was enough for people to demonize him, etc. etc, there are like 10 dissertations worth of material here but i aint tryna get into all that]

Mostly, I just wanted to say it's been interesting to see the stark difference in people's opinions.

I get the "you should never resort to violence" thing but I feel like that is idealistic at best. Just like it shouldn't be expected that someone will fuck with my food if I'm a bitch to them at McDonald's...but let's be real.

The pearl-clutching as if no one has ever seen humans interact is wild.

I've always been surrounded by people who understood that there is absolutely a such thing as "fighting words" and you can absolutely "have your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash" and that you dont get to decide what the line is for other people. So you simply don't go out in the world fucking with people and not expecting to get whatever repercussions they decided for you that day. "You never know what someone was going through before you got there"

So to a slap between two fully grown able bodied men, where no one is injured, I'm finding it hard to say anything but "shouldn't have been talking shit".
shoebootie and mxmalloryjane like this.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:36 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera Again View Post
Yeah, he did touch on a lot of things. But also the back story about Chris and Jada, Will's having witnessed his mother being abused, Etc. I think there is room for not going so hard on Will. And also, pearl-clutching. Honestly this is not the worst example of 'violence' ever seen. It was one guy losing control and being remorseful after.
You are wrong.

Quote:
bullshit. you’re really minimizing this “adult” open palm smacking a colleague in front of a room of all their other colleagues during a live broadcast. he damn well knew better and, frankly, you should, too.

laying your hands on someone like that is assault. full stop.
Sparrow is exactly right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera Again View Post
Frankly, I'm entitled to my opinion. The situation is nuanced. I'm just tired of the judgmental, holier-than-thou vibe about this.
You are entitled to your opinion but it is wrong and people are entitled to tell you that it is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post

They are at a roast for all intents and purposes...things will be said about appearance. If you can't handle a silly joke about how you look stay home forever.

Watching the clip made me feel really bad for Will Smith because he has to be in a seriously damaged and distressed position to be so incredibly mentally weak about his wife. This is an extreme case of little baby faggotry at work. He couldn't even hear a joke at a roast event that made his wife slightly uncomfortable for a second without lashing out and assaulting Chris Rock with a sucker slap then turning his back and retreating to his seat to yell shit. He threw a shitty disguised slap at a much smaller comedian telling jokes with his hands firmly placed behind his back. This event just smacks of the most insecure little bitch in a room full of insecure little bitches throwing a tantrum.

That in no way pardons his behavior, he should still be accountable and liable for his actions and he was 100% wrong!

I hope Jada is fucking all of Will's friends...oh wait we already know that she is and some of his enemies and pretty much anything that walks past, I wonder where such insecurity about his wife comes from?

Mad props to Chris Rock for taking that finger slap and letting it slide off him like water on a duck's back while Willie had to cry about it and be rubbed in consolation by his peers. A lesser man with the mic after regaining composure would have ripped Will Smith and his wife's weird fucking life choices a new ass hole but Chris is a better man than most.

As a fun thought experiment I wonder if little baby Willie woulda attacked a man that wasn't an easy target, say like Brendan Schaub.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:44 PM   #29 (permalink)

The hypotheticals rightfully got torn apart on Twitter.

Cause "If the situation were different then people would have reacted differently" is not making the point you think it is.
shoebootie and mxmalloryjane like this.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:55 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
There is definitely nuance in this.

how we don't get to choose how people response to disrespect
Ya, their called laws. He had many non-violent ways to react but resorted to violence over a silly joke...this is not a good point.

Quote:
I get the "you should never resort to violence" thing but I feel like that is idealistic at best.

The pearl-clutching as if no one has ever seen humans interact is wild.
You've never been in an actual violent altercation before have you? This sounds like someone who has never dealt with violence and it's aftermath.

Quote:
I've always been surrounded by people who understood that there is absolutely a such thing as "fighting words" and you can absolutely "have your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash" and that you dont get to decide what the line is for other people. So you simply don't go out in the world fucking with people and not expecting to get whatever repercussions they decided for you that day. "You never know what someone was going through before you got there"

So to a slap between two fully grown able bodied men, where no one is injured, I'm finding it hard to say anything but "shouldn't have been talking shit".
This is dumb. You know that event wasn't a bbq where Chris rolled up uninvited and started talking shit, right? There were invitations and ushers and shit. Everyone knew they were going to see Chris say some jokes at the audiences expense. Your logic would mean any comedian anywhere on stage should expect to be physically assaulted for any crowd work and they should have known better for talking shit?

Quote:
The hypotheticals rightfully got torn apart on Twitter.

Cause "If the situation were different then people would have reacted differently" is not making the point you think it is.
I have no idea what you think this means. I was just driving home the point that a factor in the assault was the man Williw had to slap was not a physical factor.