Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you had to pick a side (and you do), whose side are you on?
Will Smith 8 21.05%
Chris Rock 30 78.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree79Likes

Old 03-30-2022, 03:02 PM   #51 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The issue appears to be like The Dress. There's multiple perspectives on it, and a clearly right answer.

Chris Rock freakin wins the exchange though. He didn't even rub his cheek.
littlp and nordcharonmir like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 03:21 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
that is my implication, yes. what he did was unprofessional and petty.

i live with Borderline Personality Disorder, trust i know what it is to fight inappropriate impulses. your feelings are not an excuse to put your hands on people. there are ways to handle it, this was not one of them.
So you think a man in his 50s, who has been in the public eye since his teens/20s and has never "stepped out of line" until this week somehow does not know what appropriate behavior is? (Respectability to the extreme with not even cursing in his music) And does not know how to control his impulses? Does that really make sense to you? Is there really anything about Will Smith until this week that would make you think he is unable to control his impulses?

Are we ignoring that this is shocking particularly *because* of how well he has "behaved" in public for his entire career.

Is it that hard to believe there is probably something else/deeper at play here?

Whew. Just call em a brute and get it over with tbh.

A lot people seem to be unable to make the distinction between having empathy and making excuses when it comes to this situation.
Old 03-30-2022, 03:44 PM   #53 (permalink)

i don’t give a rat’s patoot why. he fucked up. he knows he fucked up and minimizing how weird and inappropriate it was does no one any favors. what are you defending?
littlp and nordcharonmir like this.
Old 03-30-2022, 03:57 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
So you think a man in his 50s, who has been in the public eye since his teens/20s and has never "stepped out of line" until this week somehow does not know what appropriate behavior is?
Has never stepped out of line? Weird read. Of course he knows what appropriate behavior is but he feels entitled to do whatever the fuck he wants cuz he's the victim of an insult his wife didn't like. Because he is a weak minded entitled bitch, like you have demonstrated yourself to be thus far, he thought he could/should assault a man on stage. He is wrong, you are wrong.

Quote:
(Respectability to the extreme with not even cursing in his music) And does not know how to control his impulses?
Holey shit Mermaid, do you think it is possible that someone can signal a virtue about not cussing or [insert any stupid virtue or moral signalling bat call here] and still be a piece of shit or at least a person who acts like a piece of shit sometimes? Try harder at thinking. Mermaid, what if virtue signalling is a distraction from dealing with ones own failings including leaving unresolved their own feelings of inferiority and their own wretched impulses?

Quote:
Does that really make sense to you?
Yep. It has been the exact point made multiple times across multiple threads. You're not paying attention.

Quote:
Is there really anything about Will Smith until this week that would make you think he is unable to control his impulses?
yep, almost every life choice. Let's take your argument to it's logical extreme for a second and act as if this is the first and only mistake of temperance this man has made...ok...so if he had chosen to murder, chop up and eat Eminem b/c Eminem has a diss about him in his art and it was the very first time Will has had "impulse control" issues would you argue that his previous record means he is in the right and no fault for homicide, disfigurement and cannibalism? Your position is completely untenable.

Quote:
Is it that hard to believe there is probably something else/deeper at play here?
Of course there is...doesn't make it okay. Put your big boy panties on and deal with your life.

Quote:
A lot people seem to be unable to make the distinction between having empathy and making excuses when it comes to this situation.
This reminds me of something a wise person once said - "Watching the clip made me feel really bad for Will Smith because he has to be in a seriously damaged and distressed position to be so incredibly mentally weak about his wife. This is an extreme case of little baby faggotry at work... This event just smacks of the most insecure little bitch in a room full of insecure little bitches throwing a tantrum.

That in no way pardons his behavior, he should still be accountable and liable for his actions and he was 100% wrong! "

You are still wrong...Sparrow is still right.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:17 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
i don’t give a rat’s patoot why. he fucked up. he knows he fucked up and minimizing how weird and inappropriate it was does no one any favors. what are you defending?
I mentioned earlier that I was interested in the different responses to the slap.

We've gotten to the crux of why your response is what it is. You don't care about why he acted out of character or what may have motivated him.

Calling the slap inappropriate and condemning him morally is all you are interested in. Cool.

That might be the difference between peoples responses. People who care about why and understand there is nuance to that answer and people who are only interested in condemnation.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:20 PM   #56 (permalink)

Will can talk about why he acted inappropriately with his therapist. giving him ass pats is asinine.

nord, you have to stop saying faggot. really. it’s out of line. can a mod throw this sucka out for a while?
Keith likes this.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:24 PM   #57 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I really don’t understand how this is even a debate. This was an awards show. Chris was doing a job. Will acted out of line while he was on the job as well. If any of us hit someone else while on the job we would face consequences. He should have waited until after the show to confront Chris. His actions took away the accolades of the winners. There is no excuse for it. And he wasn’t sorry as it took him a whole damn day to apologize to Chris. His “apology” when accepting his award was self-serving. Talking about how he is a protector. Get off the cross Will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparrow likes this.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:33 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
I really don’t understand how this is even a debate. This was an awards show. Chris was doing a job. Will acted out of line while he was on the job as well. If any of us hit someone else while on the job we would face consequences. He should have waited until after the show to confront Chris. His actions took away the accolades of the winners. There is no excuse for it. And he wasn’t sorry as it took him a whole damn day to apologize to Chris. His “apology” when accepting his award was self-serving. Talking about how he is a protector. Get off the cross Will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which part of this was being debated?
Old 03-30-2022, 04:44 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:

nord, you have to stop saying faggot. really. it’s out of line. can a mod throw this sucka out for a while?
Is it not the name of this syndrome as the nomenclature used by Keith many times on the podcast this forum is about? It is not used as sexual slur it is decoupled and used to describe a behavior, wouldn't use as sexual slur.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:49 PM   #60 (permalink)

still not okay.