Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 11-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFunk
Yes someone did and has a faint burn scar on his chest.

Im not going to say who.
Burning flesh Ruins the smell of bacon.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal
[Putting on my feminist hat] That "wifely duty" article is totally classist, more so than sexist. The June Cleaver middle class wives were a minority. All of the women in my family have had to work outside of the home. They were farmers and laborers in the 1800's, factory workers at the turn of the century, and secretaries after that. I'm the first person in my family to get a bachelor's degree. The nuclear family (male breadwinner, female homemaker) has never been the most common family arrangement in this country. But I don't get angry at articles like these, I just shake my head and am thankful that people aren't quite so retarded anymore.[Removing my feminist hat]

I can see your point that the article was more classist then sexist. But on the sexist side. Was it really that bad not having to work and just having to keep the house clean, the kids quiet and food on the table?
Old 11-02-2006, 02:43 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
I can see your point that the article was more classist then sexist. But on the sexist side. Was it really that bad not having to work and just having to keep the house clean, the kids quiet and food on the table?

I've never had to do it, thank God. I'd love to be independently wealthy and not have to do anything but travel. But let's put it this way...there was a high incidence of Valium dependence among housewives in the sixties. They had such mind-numbingly boring daily lives that they needed to be drugged to get through it. I remember reading a book that claimed a lot of women look at their jobs as an escape from all the shit they have to do at home. I don't think that setup is so great for guys, either. The stress of being the sole responsibility of the family's income has to be a major contributor to alcoholism and early death by heart disease, etc.

I know a few women who are stay at home moms while their husbands work. They are either so poor that child care would cost more than their potential incomes or their husbands are computer guys who make ungodly amounts of money. It doesn't sound like a picnic to me. It's a 24/7 job. These people aren't sitting on their asses eating bon bons, unless they are total degenerates like the duct tape lady. I guess the only people I have no respect for are the ones who should work but refuse to, or the socialite types who waste their lives shopping and hire all sorts of people to raise their kids because they can't be bothered.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:41 PM   #24 (permalink)

The Price is Right

Todd Newton's name has been floated, but Dave Price appears to be a strong contender.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/11/02/da...or-bob-barker/
Old 11-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #25 (permalink)

Children

Keith acts exactly the right way around these punk kids. Don't let them get away with shit.

I have friends with smaller children (2 to 3 years old) and I always crack the whip when they come over. Kicking you might be cute when they're 2 but it's a lot less funny when the're 12.

Nip that shit in the bud.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
Toaster, I don't live that far from ChiTown -- I'll hunt you down if you keep making ignorant comments like this. "JUST" having to keep the house clean, kids quiet, homework complete, food on the table, bills paid, the yard mowed, raked & shoveled, laundry done, volunteer for the school blah, blah, feckin' blah.

I consider myself very lucky that I do not NEED to work but don't be kidding yourself that it is a joyride to be at home alone all of the time. How do you think I ended up here?

Blitzie, you are my new hero. Talking too much sense for a yung un.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunderling
Toaster, I don't live that far from ChiTown -- I'll hunt you down if you keep making ignorant comments like this. "JUST" having to keep the house clean, kids quiet, homework complete, food on the table, bills paid, the yard mowed, raked & shoveled, laundry done, volunteer for the school blah, blah, feckin' blah.

I consider myself very lucky that I do not NEED to work but don't be kidding yourself that it is a joyride to be at home alone all of the time. How do you think I ended up here?

Blitzie, you are my new hero. Talking too much sense for a yung un.
can you come over and show my wife how to mow the lawn?
Old 11-02-2006, 06:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
NO BRUMSKI

I think I know why Keith admits to liking Grease...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grease.jpg (164.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-02-2006, 07:15 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
can you come over and show my wife how to mow the lawn?
Certainly. I can also teach her how to bean-walk and rock-pick (field work for all you city folk).
Old 11-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #30 (permalink)

Chemda's right -- Mama Mia SUCKED. All my girlfriends were so excited about it, I thought why not, I like the music. I would have been better off just listening to my Best of Abba CD. The storyline was pathetic, the singing was horrible, and the audience was full of idiots that laughed at EVERYTHING. Thankfully out here in OR I only paid about $50 compared to Chemda's $100+.