Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
I stay at home and work from home and I listen to KATG. Just sayin'.
I listened to the feed at work, I even paused it for tea break to get my free coffee..
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
and now it back to duplicate shows, fuckin digg...
Old 03-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballzon View Post
Keith, they don't want you to eat after midnight just in case you turn into a gremlin on the operating table.
It's so you don't throw up while your on the table from the anesthesia and the tube down your throat breathing for you. Otherwise you could get have some bad shit happen like rooin your lungs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r View Post
and now it back to duplicate shows, fuckin digg...
Ya I noticed that too.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:56 PM   #24 (permalink)

is this what they did? I'm surprised you're out so soon.
Edheads - Virtual Knee Surgery - Total Knee Replacement - TKR
http://www.edheads.org/activities/knee/
Old 03-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #25 (permalink)

Radio Shack

I'm listening to the show right now, and got to rant about the nurse reading the info to Keith. I was thinking "just like when you ask the Radio Shack guy a question, and he reads something off the box, just like you already did"--and then Keith says the same thing.

Great minds think alike!!

Hope your recuperation goes well and Chemda can stop being your nurse (although she can stay in the outfit).

Cheers!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #26 (permalink)

1. Sounds like iTunes needs some metrics that count a unique user event (one unit per subscriber downloading one show) like you can get for a website. Not this automated lets see if they want dis again bs. WTF.

2. As for the whole home vs. away from home debate. I work at 9 to 5 job, yet I think there are plenty of talented people that work from home. However any person cut off from actual contact with other people inherantly become less worldy and narrow minded. No, the web doesn't really count. I do believe though there are a whole swath of dim-witted troglodites who do stay at home. All those tv networks wouldn't be pumping out that tripe if it wasn't being consumed. Kill-em, Kill-em-all (an actual quote from Stonewall Jackson - that there iz some book lernin').

-Peesch

<KATG> <!-- TINGS --> </KATG>

"This is news and people are buying it. Take away your voting privileges and your uterus, cause you're a f'n idiot." -- Keith Malley

"You don't need to be a nerd, to be good a what you do." -- Valeria G.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:48 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenta View Post
1. Sounds like iTunes needs some metrics that count a unique user event (one unit per subscriber downloading one show) like you can get for a website. Not this automated lets see if they want dis again bs. WTF.

2. As for the whole home vs. away from home debate. I work at 9 to 5 job, yet I think there are plenty of talented people that work from home. However any person cut off from actual contact with other people inherantly become less worldy and narrow minded. No, the web doesn't really count. I do believe though there are a whole swath of dim-witted troglodites who do stay at home. All those tv networks wouldn't be pumping out that tripe if it wasn't being consumed. Kill-em, Kill-em-all (an actual quote from Stonewall Jackson - that there iz some book lernin').

-Peesch
there's the feed and then the GUID if either changes or the podcatcher looses track shows get re-downloaded.

podshow fucks up the most though, and they do insertion for their ads at download time like kiptronic do, so their'd be no need to re-upload a show to put an ad in.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:54 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
It's so you don't throw up while your on the table from the anesthesia and the tube down your throat breathing for you. Otherwise you could get have some bad shit happen like rooin your lungs.

Their point was why give them the specific time of "midnight" no matter what time of day the surgery is actually scheduled? If they just tell everyone to stop eating at midnight, a person with a seven a.m. surgery is going to have a much easier time than someone with a four p.m. surgery. And then of course after the time it takes to do the surgery, recover from the anesthesia, and get home, Keith probably had to go more than 18 hours without eating. That sucks!

When I got my wisdom teeth pulled, I was told to not eat in the eight hours before my surgery. So I don't know why your place gave you a specific time of midnight.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:55 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r View Post
there's the feed and then the GUID if either changes or the podcatcher looses track shows get re-downloaded.

podshow fucks up the most though, and they do insertion for their ads at download time like kiptronic do, so their'd be no need to re-upload a show to put an ad in.
Interesting. What exactly does the acronym GUID stand for?

I am worried though that the inflation caused by these bloated, inaccurate numbers will hurt our dear Keet and Chemda (a point they mentioned today). What is a poor podcasting fanboy to do. I demand justice and Adam Curry hung upside-down by his nads.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:59 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenta View Post
Interesting. What exactly does the acronym GUID stand for?

I am worried though that the inflation caused by these bloated, inaccurate numbers will hurt our dear Keet and Chemda (a point they mentioned today). What is a poor podcasting fanboy to do. I demand justice and Adam Curry hung upside-down by his nads.
GUID = Globally Unique Identifier.