Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-31-2008, 06:51 AM   #41 (permalink)

I don’t like talking to the extremely religious…

When I were younger, and attended college in the US, (now a university), thirty five years ago, Crusaders for Christ invaded the campus, (we usually called them Campus Crusaders) and attached themselves to many vulnerable students. One girl I knew, lets call her Sharon, who had epilepsy, was convinced into flushing all her medications down the toilet, as she could heal herself, especially as all her new friends would be laying their hands on her and praying for her to cure her problem.

It was fortunate for her, that her roommate, Beverly, came back from where ever it was she was at. Beverly had to get the police involved before the CCers would let Sharon to be removed from the room and taken to the emergency room. Sharon later told us that the doctors told her she probably would have died, if she hadn’t received medical attention.

Although Sharon and her parents tried to press charges, against the CCers, nothing ever came of it, as her lawyers said the case would never get through the courts, and they didn’t have the money to force the issue. The CCers were rich and had a lot of political clout, being Conservative Christians.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:52 AM   #42 (permalink)

No, I do remember that. I remember the feel of the whole thing, my wife makes me play nice and I knew I wouldn't be in trouble... Its just the specifics so I can laugh at myself. I remember Keith asking, "...seriously how much have yo had to drink tonight?" I knew I was fucked.

No take-backs.

Your friend,

Sully
Old 03-31-2008, 07:49 AM   #43 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryMann View Post
Hey did that assbergers quiz url work? I NEED TO KNOW.
Am i an asshole or not?

Maybe we theres no such thing as an asshole, except for Max. Maybe we ALL have assbergers.

Hey All You Asperger's syndrome sufferers Come And Listen to US
It's the Keith and The Girl SHOW!
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...15450153908026

I scored a 42.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:35 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCourtney View Post
Arg the sound of my voice burns I was so scared to call in. >_<

Signs and symptoms of asperger's SHOULD be diagnosis by 2 months to one years old at the oldest, anyone who says just found out "I'm different I'm such a snowflake I got the aspies" at 40 is lieing. But if you did have these signs when you were a child and all threw adulthood you may have it but who cares you did good but it's always nice to know.

p.s. That mom with the autism kid is retarded and a bad parent. You could do more as a parent and shut your face you're making asperger's/auitsm look stupid we can take care of our own.
It was mentioned before, but people are trying to get the label so they have an excuse to be a certain way. The point of disorder/syndrome label is to help someone with treatment or techniques to manage, etc. I personally don't believe in conforming to a norm, but if doing that is what it takes to get through day to day, even if it's just so other people can stand you and you want their company, then the lable/treatment system is useful because it can improve someone's life.

If people put a label on and then say they're allowed to be act a certain way instead of trying to use techniques to make things better is futile.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:19 AM   #45 (permalink)

Wow.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:57 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenos View Post
If people put a label on and then say they're allowed to be act a certain way instead of trying to use techniques to make things better is futile.
You have a point, but only to a certain degree. People that have a 'label' should try to fit in and do not have an excuse to do whatever they like because of it, but knowing that someone has a condition does mean that we should give them more leeway when judging them or their actions.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:35 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercrypt View Post
You have a point, but only to a certain degree. People that have a 'label' should try to fit in and do not have an excuse to do whatever they like because of it, but knowing that someone has a condition does mean that we should give them more leeway when judging them or their actions.
You are right. I should have been a little more careful choosing my words. I was focusing on people who say "I have such and such, you have to put up with me being an asshole and now I dont have to change and you don't have to say anything about that".

And yes, in my head, annoying people always use runon sentences.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Does anyone know which episode was the one with Max and the money argument?
I'm going back and listening to this show, a little more intently this time. Wow, that's making even me uncomfortable.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
I'm going back and listening to this show, a little more intently this time. Wow, that's making even me uncomfortable.
I can't remember what happened after that though, at the end they made up, when did they fall out again?
Old 03-31-2008, 01:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
I can't remember what happened after that though, at the end they made up, when did they fall out again?
show 409