Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #41 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Thank you, doctor.

First nothing's registering, now you've figured out how many times a man's already been stabbed and if there's a point in helping.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
To have stabbed him over 50 times with a knife described as "a Rambo knife", it would've been all over after the first few stabs. Long before you're heroic efforts could've saved the day Keith.
Can I get you to sign a couple of scripts for me?
Old 08-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Thank you, doctor.

First nothing's registering, now you've figured out how many times a man's already been stabbed and if there's a point in helping.
Is there a point in helping? What's Keith going to do to help a man in the middle of getting stabbed that he wouldn't do for an old man laying unconscious in the middle of the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownguy View Post
Can I get you to sign a couple of scripts for me?
Sure, what ya need? I have a rather full sample cupboard here at work, it's like my own personal chemist.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post

Sure, what ya need? I have a rather full sample cupboard here at work, it's like my own personal chemist.
I had forgotten about your job, I'll bet you do have quite the medicine chest available to you ...
Old 08-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #45 (permalink)

The cannibal asian must be suffering from what the Algonquin Indians call Wendigo-psychosis. It appeared to only happen up in the cold white north. It usually has to do with extreme starvation and or greed. This guy should just die.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #46 (permalink)

that guy saying that the death penalty is unfair is ridiculous.

it reminds me of this guy, mitchell rupe, in washington state, who was sentenced to death by hanging, and he purposefully gained enough weight that he would be decapitated if they hung him, which CLEARLY is cruel and unusual, and so his sentence was commuted to life without parole.

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2...ate-dies-2706/

keith's justice would have taken care of that before it was a problem.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:34 PM   #47 (permalink)

One thing the Chinese gov't has right ... If you're sentenced to death that shoot you in the head. Then they bill your family for the bullet.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:50 AM   #48 (permalink)

I am the biggest spelling/grammar nazi I know, but I want to disagree with Keith and Chemda about the spelling issue.

I think generally that correct spelling is essential, but it is also the case that spelling and grammar rules change over time. The importance of correct spelling is a relatively new phenomenon (the first attempt at comprehensive English dictionary was c1755). Shakespeare himself spelt his name in variety of ways.

Spelling and grammar evolve, and I think this is probably the point that the professor was trying to make. I used to correct students for spelling 'globalisation' with a 'z', but nowadays either is considered correct. The words 'in fact' are often spelt infact in my students' essays - the same way that 'all right' became 'alright' and 'more over' became 'moreover' etc. It's normal and appropriate IMHO.

What is more important is that correct meaning is conveyed, and for this, I insist students pay careful attention to grammar and punctuation - getting these wrong make for very confused essays.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:53 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleJ View Post
I liked the laugh! I love it when people laugh at their own jokes!
Me too. I loved this guy! He was funny and interesting.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:04 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
I am the biggest spelling/grammar nazi I know, but I want to disagree with Keith and Chemda about the spelling issue.

I think generally that correct spelling is essential, but it is also the case that spelling and grammar rules change over time. The importance of correct spelling is a relatively new phenomenon (the first attempt at comprehensive English dictionary was c1755). Shakespeare himself spelt his name in variety of ways.

Spelling and grammar evolve, and I think this is probably the point that the professor was trying to make. I used to correct students for spelling 'globalisation' with a 'z', but nowadays either is considered correct. The words 'in fact' are often spelt infact in my students' essays - the same way that 'all right' became 'alright' and 'more over' became 'moreover' etc. It's normal and appropriate IMHO.

What is more important is that correct meaning is conveyed, and for this, I insist students pay careful attention to grammar and punctuation - getting these wrong make for very confused essays.
My spelling and grammar sucks, I know it. I spell check at least

But it shits me to tears whn fukaz rite mail uzin spllin lik they iz txtin me

And I'm starting to get mail at work from people who write like this.
I read somewhere teachers are starting to except this as part of the English language as kids us this in school work.

I'm getting old !

Hey you kids get of my lawn !