Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 11-21-2008, 02:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoureuglytoo View Post
Tings...
As I see it, the situation is ridiculous and annoying because the proclamation is "Man is pregnant." They're treating it as though Keith or myself or anyone else who was born, raised and lives as a physical man could wake up one day and be pregnant.
I appreciate the situation wherein a person truly was born into the wrong gender, but that being a valid condition isn't the issue. This man has woman guts. So when they use traditional terms to describe an unusual situation they are deliberately misleading and misrepresenting the topic.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've been fasting for about three hours and would like to go get some lunch before I fast again.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
Hehehehe. I think my head is normal sized!

My friends just call me that cos I have weird pink hair, and I wear plaid and spikes all the time, but I don't have the mean "punk" attitude. I'm a big pile of mush and all-around pushover in general so they make fun of me and call me punk'n.
Sounds hot, my friend. I like the punk rock look. Though, I sort of like the attitude too.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Sounds hot, my friend. I like the punk rock look. Though, I sort of like the attitude too.
Sorry for the let down, but I am much more likely to hug you than punch you.

*shrug*
Old 11-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

In all seriousness I feel like the issues surrounding the treatment of transpeople is an issue of equity and respect for others. I feel that Keith and Chemda saying things like "if you're a man, I'm a giraffe" in regards to a transman's gender identity is very similar to people saying that the next step from gay marriage is bestiality.

Besides that, if a person I knew wanted to be a giraffe I wouldn't fucking care what they did. Life would be much harder for them as a giraffe than it would be for me knowing a trans-species giraffe.

This is why I hate the pregnant man so much right now. Instead of offering a nice, reasonable place for middle America to discuss transgenderd people, he's housing it in the context of sensationalism and bullshit.

Chemda said on the show that she would respect another person, that she wouldn't care what another person wanted to do with their body, but in practice she continues to call PsychoTeddy a girl, refers to him as "she," and despite the fact that he has identified himself as a transman in the forums posts that Keith just read aloud, continues to say that "she's" confused "she" doesn't know what "her" gender is.

It causes more drama and takes more effort to contradict someone regarding their gender than it does to let them be.

I guess transgendered people are my dead baby or retarded brother or whatever. I am sad that people that I care about would be hurt if they heard that rant. I was unsure if Keith was having a problem with the pregnant man and his fame-whore antics specifically or if he was having a problem with transpeople in general.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I guess transgendered people are my dead baby or retarded brother or whatever. I am sad that people that I care about would be hurt if they heard that rant. I was unsure if Keith was having a problem with the pregnant man and his fame-whore antics specifically or if he was having a problem with transpeople in general.
I think this may be the case. I don't think they have a problem with transgendered people at all. I think they have a problem with the media saying that 'a man is having a baby' when that's not really the case. It's misleading. 'A Transman is Having a Baby' would be more appropriate, but it wouldn't sell as many newspapers or get a spot on Oprah.

I think they make fun of everyone equally, I don't think they are bigots.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

Gonzales: There is one question, Inspector Callahan: Why do they call you "Dirty Harry"?
De Georgio: Ah that's one thing about our Harry, doesn't play any favorites! Harry hates everybody: Limeys, Micks, Hebes, Fat Dagos, Niggers, Honkies, Chinks, you name it.
Gonzales: How does he feel about Mexicans?
De Georgio: Ask him.
Harry Callahan: Especially Spics.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
I think this may be the case. I don't think they have a problem with transgendered people at all. I think they have a problem with the media saying that 'a man is having a baby' when that's not really the case. It's misleading. 'A Transman is Having a Baby' would be more appropriate, but it wouldn't sell as many newspapers or get a spot on Oprah.

I think they make fun of everyone equally, I don't think they are bigots.
I felt like his tearing down of trannys was more cruel and mean-spirited than any of his other anti-[blank] rants. But, I'm perfectly positioned in terms of this issue to be the right combination of insightful and short-sighted. Insightful in terms of trans-specific issues, and short-sighted in terms of what the rest of the world is thinking.

In the one hand, I'd rather not have conflict and be made fun of across the Internet, on the other hand I think that a person has to speak up for what they believe in.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry for the let down, but I am much more likely to hug you than punch you.

*shrug*
Hey, I'm not saying I would turn down a hug. Just maybe that I would ask you to punch me afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
In all seriousness I feel like the issues surrounding the treatment of transpeople is an issue of equity and respect for others. I feel that Keith and Chemda saying things like "if you're a man, I'm a giraffe" in regards to a transman's gender identity is very similar to people saying that the next step from gay marriage is bestiality.

Besides that, if a person I knew wanted to be a giraffe I wouldn't fucking care what they did. Life would be much harder for them as a giraffe than it would be for me knowing a trans-species giraffe.

This is why I hate the pregnant man so much right now. Instead of offering a nice, reasonable place for middle America to discuss transgenderd people, he's housing it in the context of sensationalism and bullshit.

Chemda said on the show that she would respect another person, that she wouldn't care what another person wanted to do with their body, but in practice she continues to call PsychoTeddy a girl, refers to him as "she," and despite the fact that he has identified himself as a transman in the forums posts that Keith just read aloud, continues to say that "she's" confused "she" doesn't know what "her" gender is.

It causes more drama and takes more effort to contradict someone regarding their gender than it does to let them be.

Well, this is a comedy show. I took the giraffe thing to be a hyperbole for the sake of a joke.

Chemda saying "she" was because Teddy hasn't undergone the transition yet, if I remember right.

Finally, yes, Chemda probably does respect Teddy's decision (don't hate me for using that word...just couldn't think of a better one) but it's hard to make the transition in your mind when you know someone first as one gender and then another.

I slip up sometimes even when talking to me friends. She/he's slip out. If my friends reacted poorly right away and blew up on me, as it seems you're doing to Chemda, I would walk away. It's taken their kindness and easy guidance for me to be able to make the transition with them.

The person undergoing the transition has to make the bigger change, but it's silly if you think they're the only one affected.

And because they're the ones making the change, they have to help the rest of us through it. Even if that sucks.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Chemda saying "she" was because Teddy hasn't undergone the transition yet, if I remember right.

Finally, yes, Chemda probably does respect Teddy's decision (don't hate me for using that word...just couldn't think of a better one) but it's hard to make the transition in your mind when you know someone first as one gender and then another.
I'm pretty sure that Chemda and PsychoTeddy weren't BFF, and once or twice is an accident, but using the wrong pronoun every single time you're referring to a person who is trying to stand up for other transpeople is malicious.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownguy View Post
Gonzales: There is one question, Inspector Callahan: Why do they call you "Dirty Harry"?
De Georgio: Ah that's one thing about our Harry, doesn't play any favorites! Harry hates everybody: Limeys, Micks, Hebes, Fat Dagos, Niggers, Honkies, Chinks, you name it.
Gonzales: How does he feel about Mexicans?
De Georgio: Ask him.
Harry Callahan: Especially Spics.
Olson Johnson: All right, we'll give some land to the niggers and the chinks, but we DON'T WANT THE IRISH.
- Blazing Saddles (1974)