Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #21 (permalink)

I grew up in LA but when I was in high school, we would steal pallats to use for firewood when we went camping but in order to fit them in the suburban campground fire pit we'd have to break it down. Of course we always forgot to bring substantial tools and one year, while kicking a pallat appart with my converse on, I missed a kick and one of the pallat nails went straight through the sole of my shoe still attached to the bored. I had a pallat board literally nailed to my shoe and foot and I was yelling at my friend Jeff to get it off, and he was yelling at me that he didn't know what to do so finally, I put my foot flat on the board on the ground so Jeff could step on it so I could pull my foot off by lifting my whole leg with my arms. Like a certoon character, and the whole time we're both yelling. Very fun.

In regards to babies, I hate people who act like they should get a medal for spitting out spawn. Just because who had a baby doesn't give you the right to be disruptive and pushy. Making babies is nothing special.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #22 (permalink)

I went to school in a small town, my graduating class was 35. Parties typically took place out in the middle of nowhere. More than once I sat by a fucking bonfire on cold November night freezing my ass off. Now days I have unlimited access to pallets and use them in part to heat my home, and yeah, they make great fucking bonfires!
Old 12-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #23 (permalink)

The past eleven years that I haven't spent holidays with my parents / family have been the best ones of my life. Some traditions beg to be broken.

Kids don't understand "No Yoink" until they're around two.

The hardest friendship "breakups" over kids aren't the ones with friends that don't have kids. The hardest ones are when you get together with friends that also have kids and realize that you can't hang with these people because you don't parent the same way they do.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #24 (permalink)

You people like burning pallets made from pine lumber? Pine, the softwood tree? Ha! If you BBQ at all and know about wood, one rule is never ever use softwood (pine) as fuel for a barbecue. It's smoke leaves residue on the meat that makes it very bitter. For this reason, hardwood tree wood is used, (Apple tree, oak, hickory, etc). I would never burn pine in a fireplace. Too poisonous for my tastes, thanks.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
You people like burning pallets made from pine lumber? Pine, the softwood tree? Ha! If you BBQ at all and know about wood, one rule is never ever use softwood (pine) as fuel for a barbecue. It's smoke leaves residue on the meat that makes it very bitter. For this reason, hardwood tree wood is used, (Apple tree, oak, hickory, etc). I would never burn pine in a fireplace. Too poisonous for my tastes, thanks.
True. I'm a big fan of hickory bbq. Pine is a good firestarter, however, because of the sap. Putting a couple of pineknots under the hardwood helps get the fire going and they'll burn down completely by the time the real fire gets underway.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
The Pallets I burn are made from oak or maple. I have actually run a few through the planer and found some nice looking wood hiding underneath.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #27 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Who said we were cooking with it?
Old 12-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by presspirate View Post
I went to school in a small town, my graduating class was 35. Parties typically took place out in the middle of nowhere. More than once I sat by a fucking bonfire on cold November night freezing my ass off. Now days I have unlimited access to pallets and use them in part to heat my home, and yeah, they make great fucking bonfires!
I can see you telling great stories around a bonfire too. It sounds like it would be a great time had by all

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownguy View Post
The past eleven years that I haven't spent holidays with my parents / family have been the best ones of my life. Some traditions beg to be broken.

Kids don't understand "No Yoink" until they're around two.

The hardest friendship "breakups" over kids aren't the ones with friends that don't have kids. The hardest ones are when you get together with friends that also have kids and realize that you can't hang with these people because you don't parent the same way they do.
I always feel a little awkward when I'm at a party with a bunch of parents with their kids and I see how they take care of them or don't take care of them and how I feel bad for the kids some of the times.

Like there was was this one party where this poor kid kept slipping on toys that were on the floor and the last time he fell he was bleeding from his mouth and his parents were like "meh" while the hosts and my wife ended up having to tend to their boy. Actually the father was more like, "Honey will you get our son to shut up I'm trying to watch this movie with the rest of the guys" while the mother was just looking defeated and tired and all. I couldn't stop ranting about that on the way home. Poor kid.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #29 (permalink)

Yoink?!

Were does taking food rate on Keith's Law? I feel like this act calls for instant judgement.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3track View Post
Were does taking food rate on Keith's Law? I feel like this act calls for instant judgement.
I guess you and I get to sit in the kiddie table