Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 01-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzoinc View Post
What was with that dig at NLO? They don't have as big of a community or as many subscribers, but don't act like they're some sort of 'Dawn & Drew'-esque, shitty show just because they decided not to do the cruise. Meet-ups are part of your show and heavily advertised, they're neither of those things with NLO.

Did you ever listen to their "Rebuttal" episode, or are you still mad about them shutting off your Talktrap to "sabotage" you? Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of both your shows, and at some times a bigger fan of yours, but even I have to say it's ridiculous to still hold a grudge over something like that.
So the trip could have been a success, they just didn't want it to be?

This just in: I hold grudges. When getting me not to hold that grudge only takes you to acknowledge your wrongdoing and apologize, I will never feel bad holding said grudge.

Assfuck.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiethestrange View Post
I realize no one is mentioning this but does anyone like the newish intern?

Personally, I don't understand how he fits in with KATG. It seems to me that he is ....

a) NOT funny
b) clearly homophobic (and not in a funny/ironic/sarcastic way)
c) too sensitive, like a little teenage girl.
d) scared of Keith

Sorry Mike ... bring back Potatoe!
I don't know if I agree with A or D, but I'm with you on the rest. I don't like what he said to Newsy and I don't like his attitude about having his stupid little details come out (that nobody even cared about anyway). I've never had too much of a problem with him in the past, but after that last show where he was an asshole about tings I'm not so sure about him anymore.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Thumbs down Craigslist scams

In the vein of the nigerian/craigslist scams I figured I would post this up... I'm in the process of looking for a new apartment, and the following is a response I got to one of my requests for more info from a posting on craigslist a couple of days ago:

Quote:

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:46:24 +0100
To: <XXXXX@XXXXX.net>
Subject: Re: apt for rent in emeryville

Hello,

I am so much excited. My name is Rev Andy Smith the owner of the apartment and also want you to know that it was due to my transfer that makes me and my wife and little daughter to leave the apartment and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible that can take very good care of it while we are not at the state as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own. So for now, we are here in West Africa, our new house and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment for, since i am not residing there for now. I left behind some facilities and electonics which include the rent, DVD player, air conditioning, alarm system. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils, refrigerator-freezer, four-hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine, my computer connected with Internet access also the keys and document of the apartment are right here with us in West Africa, and the lease document. Which i can send to you after all necessary agreement has been accepted. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue, hope you are okay with the price of $870 per Month including utilities like water, gas, heat laundry facilities, air condition and so on, but your absolute maintenance of my apartment is most important thing, if you are really interested in renting this apartment get back to me so that i can forward you an application form for you to fill so that i can start all necesary arrangement asap. Here is the apartment address: 4701 Salem St Emeryville, CA 94608, USA ..... Pls note that you will be viewing the apartment from outside and won't be able to inspect because the keys and document to the apartment are with me here in africa and. It is located on a cool, quiet and safe
neighbourhood

*********RENT APPLICATION FORM**********
*********PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL**********

1) Your Full Name ?
2) Your Full Address ?
3) Your Full Name mother ?
4) Your Full Name father ?
5)Phone Number ?
6) Citizen or Country ?
7) How old are you ?
8) Are you married ?
9) Sex ?
10) How many people will be living in the apartment?
11) Do you have a pet ?
12) Do you have a car ?
13) What is your Occupation ?
14) Short or Long Term Lease ?
15) When do you intend moving in : Date ?
16) When do you inted to moving out : Date ?
17) Deposit : One or Two month Deposit are required ?
18) Occupant Picture ?
19) Reference Details ?

Landing 33'1" x 6'10" ( 7.83m x 2.88m )
Reception room 27'1" x 26'1" ( 6.28m x 5.98m )a
Kitchen 23'1" x 21'1" ( 4.96m x 4.45m )
Bathroom 7'20" x 6'20" ( 3.18m x 2.88m )
Guest WC 6'1" x 3'20" ( 2.62m x 1.96m )

I personally will actually come visiting you sometimes during the year as our new tenant. Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issueing the receipt for you and contacting you. I can be reach anytime at +2348022012289 or 0112347029475854. Awaiting your reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys of the apartment to you.
Thanks and God bless
Regardsa
Rev Andy
I didn't even bother responding, and I've gotten the same e-mail two more times....
Old 01-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #24 (permalink)

there was a lot of god bull shit and I hated it too.

BUT when Obama came out he described the country as a "nation of Christians Catholics Muslims Jews, and non believers" that was the first time I have heard "non believer" mentioned

I guess we destroyed black racism, so now on to god!
Old 01-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

i agree with chemda that things should be moving forward. how are you gonna say in your speech that we're all in the same boat, and we're all ready for change but shit on everyone's belief right beforehand by reciting the christian prayer. i strongly believe to keep the christian "God" out of state affairs. it's one thing to keep a cutsie open train ride as tradition, buuut that shit doesn't alienate people and i have yet to see people worshipping trains every sunday.

there is a reason why there has been AMENDMENTS to the constitution. it's because we've been moving forward. even obama said something to the likeness of "60 years ago a man who couldn't be served in a restaurant can today be president". that right there is change! now be progressive when it comes to people's beliefs. keep the religious part out of affairs of state.

yes i know that many islamic countries apply islamic law, but that is because renegade hardline clerics run those places, and i agree with Keith that you cannot respect a place that still stones people in 2009 (not his words but you know what i mean), like recently happend to 3 "adulterers" in Iran. so this stuff does not apply in the "land of the free".

now let's see what all this "change" will be. and i don't see myself cutting back hours so my fellow man doesn't lose his job (taken from obama's speech)...fuck...nyc is expensive.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #26 (permalink)

I was going to write a reply to explain seperation of church and state here but two other posters did a wonderful job.

It is absolutely impossible to extricate the success of our nation from its theist origin.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #27 (permalink)

Seperation of church and state is so incredibly misinterpretted. It is usually misinterpretted by the atheists that piss and moan about having God written on stuff. The original intent was to seperate state FROM church, meaning the government can't interfere with your worship. For example you wanted to burn someone at the stake for practicing witchcraft, the government can't say "maybe we shouldn't burn people". The original colonists practiced some of the most extreme versions of Christianity out there. Puritans, Quakers, etc. It is true that a lot of the founding fathers were deists, atheists, unitarian types and what have you, but the common people were uber uber christian. So in fact, saying you can't post the ten commandments in schools or have prayer at school is a violation of the original intent. It would be like the state said you can't pray in school. But this is all stupid semantics anyway.

I'm personally a deist, I believe that there is absolutely some sort of divine creator out there. I think christianity is stupid because the Earth and the ecosystems and the balance of things seems far too intricate to have the main purpose of living be surrendering your will to God so you can leave Earth. It is pretty obviously just a primitive form of social control. That said I think atheism is equally stupid because they pretty much think this all happened by chance. The chemistry, astrophysics, biology and everything about Earth is far far FAR too perfect to happen by accident. I did some research about probabilities of the Earth being the right distance from the sun to sustain life, the atmosphere would shield enough astrojunk yet not smother the surface in toxic gas, not being obliterated by an asteriod, etc and found the number to be something like 1.91 * 10^-165 or some unbelievably small number. I guess atheists should play a lot of lotteries.

My main point is who gives a fuck. Seeing the word "God" in money or in the pledge of allegiance or whatever isn't going to make you have to be Christian. Fucking atheists treat all that and prayer like kryptonite and its dumb and trivial. But at the same time Christians insist on all that dumb crap, as if every object in their life has to be blessed by the Pope himself. It isn't even about that at all. Everyone just has an overally zealous opinion so that people will pay attention to them and it manifests into all these non issues about should god be in this or god be in that, but here is how the conversation should go:

Person1: "Do you believe in God?"
Person2: "Yes"
Person1: "That's fucking stupid."
Person2: "Do you believe in God?"
Person1: "No"
Person2: "That's fucking stupid."
Person1: "Alright then, lets go about our day."
Old 01-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiethestrange View Post
I realize no one is mentioning this but does anyone like the newish intern?

Personally, I don't understand how he fits in with KATG. It seems to me that he is ....

a) NOT funny
b) clearly homophobic (and not in a funny/ironic/sarcastic way)
c) too sensitive, like a little teenage girl.
d) scared of Keith

Sorry Mike ... bring back Potatoe!
I think he just needs some poon or he needs to come out of the closet... I think, closet.....
Old 01-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymztheKing View Post
The chemistry, astrophysics, biology and everything about Earth is far far FAR too perfect to happen by accident. I did some research about probabilities of the Earth being the right distance from the sun to sustain life, the atmosphere would shield enough astrojunk yet not smother the surface in toxic gas, not being obliterated by an asteriod, etc and found the number to be something like 1.91 * 10^-165 or some unbelievably small number. I guess atheists should play a lot of lotteries.
Now THAT's stupid. As Bill Bryson points out in his excellent Short History of Nearly Everything, the reason the Earth appears so miraculously accommodating is that we have evolved to suit it's conditions. What you're marvelling at is not that it is suitable to life, but that it is suitable to our life.

"The physicist Richard Feynman used to make a joke about posteriori conclusions - reasoning from known facts back to possible causes. 'You know, the most amazing thing happened to me tonight,' he would say. 'I saw a car with the license plate ARW 357. Can you imagine? Of all the millions of license plates in the state, what was the chance of seeing that particular one tonight? Amazing!' His point, of course, is that it is easy to make any banal situation seem extraordinary if you treat it as fateful."

Now let's go about our day.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Now THAT's stupid. As Bill Bryson points out in his excellent Short History of Nearly Everything, the reason the Earth appears so miraculously accommodating is that we have evolved to suit it's conditions. What you're marvelling at is not that it is suitable to life, but that it is suitable to our life.

"The physicist Richard Feynman used to make a joke about posteriori conclusions - reasoning from known facts back to possible causes. 'You know, the most amazing thing happened to me tonight,' he would say. 'I saw a car with the license plate ARW 357. Can you imagine? Of all the millions of license plates in the state, what was the chance of seeing that particular one tonight? Amazing!' His point, of course, is that it is easy to make any banal situation seem extraordinary if you treat it as fateful."

Now let's go about our day.
Oh! My! Gawd!

I soooooo knew someone would referrence Bryson after this initial post! It! Must! Be! Fate! Who knew that Badger would use Bryson to disprove Bryson's own theory by inserting it right where I knew it should go?