Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Anyone have any idea what "work" spooky has done? Hearing this show I'm kind of interested to see what he's possibly penciled/inked and on what books and what writers!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
mkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
Er.. I could very possibly be wrong here. Maybe different circumstances, blah blah, but when Spooky mentioned the word .jpeg, talking about the Phelps thing, it got me thinking.

When I worked at a Ritz Camera, a cop came into the store looking for a particular point-and-shoot camera, because it shot RAW pictures. For those of you that don't know, a RAW file can't be altered in any way. (that's loosely what it is, fuck me for not being a dictionary, and fuck you if i'm wrong. defensive much?)

He needed that particular camera, because he told me that .jpegs and all other photo formats aren't admissible in court, because they can be altered. Only film and RAW, if it's going to be digital at all.

Anyone out there know if there's any truth to that? It makes sense, because a wife can photoshop some bruises on her and submit those, or a guy can photoshop a picture of a car to make damage look much more/less, etc etc. Why couldn't Phelps say "Na. It was photoshopped. Wasn't me." or something like that?

The cop was most likely wrong, jpefs and other photo formats are probably admissible in court, although like any evidence it really depends on all of the circumstances around the evidence.

There is however, a mode on the Canon EOS-1Ds that cryptographically "signs" the pictures with the camera serial number and date etc. This has the potential to show mathematically that the photo has not been altered. There may be other cameras that also do this.

There have been a variety of court cases that specifically ruled that digital images are acceptable.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Godzillionaire

Myq has the second funniest blog name I've heard of. The first being 'Crazy Myka Fox.' Huzzah you funny named funny partners. Funtners.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Spooky's Art

What is spooky's alter alter ego?

I would like to see his art.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk k yyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuu!!!!!!!!1111111111111

and welcome to the forums
Old 02-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

I had a genius moment just now, hear me out.

Spooky = John Petrie

He doesn't like people knowing anything about him, he's good at concealing his identity and now the heat is being turned back on John he's vanishing for an unkown amount of time.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

HUAR comic looks awesome. More please.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

"I think that sometimes in a larger context, society, um like if all society is wrong then that is wrong and it shouldn't be that way." -Myq Kaplan

and the Iraq and such as...

Last edited by apikorus; 02-12-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:51 AM   #19 (permalink)

Most guys who go to conventions, actors etc don't get paid to show up there, and they don't even get their traveling expenses paid for, so they make a couple bucks on autographs because honestly a lot of people show up for autographs just to sell them.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #20 (permalink)

I agree with Spooky that marriage should be exclusively religious and civil unions should be a state issue except that I think civil unions should be allowed for any number if consenting, sound adults of any sex, and not just 2.

Last year Dr. BF and I went to the San Diego comic con (for free, since we're podcasters). I think that what everyone forgets to talk about is the overwhelming smell of stale BO, greasy hair and general unwashed-ness that pervades the crowded convention halls. The number of people is insane. I was pressed up against people like a rush hour subway so frequently that I eventually just freaked out and tried to flee to the exit, only to realize that I couldn't find it. Nearly every booth is the same or so similar that it can become a nightmare. This didn't stop me from buying some cheap comics once the crowds thinned out.

Dr. BF said that he saw Lori Perry (she played Tank Girl, my childhood hero) sitting by herself in a long hallway of similarly washed up TV and movie actors in cubicles, with signs that had prices on them for pics and autographs etc. It sounded too sad.

Even when it's not contrived and for money I feel bad. Once, this comic author came to LA for a book signing and Dr. BF and I were the only people there, and we still didn't really talk to the author and his girlfriend because it was just too artificial and creepy. I will never do that again, it was horrible.