Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will today's show change Keith's drinking habits in the long run?
Yes 48 12.97%
No 322 87.03%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2009, 06:11 PM   #71 (permalink)

KATB episode 1: Keith is a drunk

I cringe when I listen to this.

I could understand if she wanted him to spend more time with her, rather than on the chat. I could understand if she was upset that daily tasks weren't being addressed.

I don't understand why she would attack his character by accusing him of being a generic alcoholic, rather than specific things that make her feel alone or incomplete in the relationship.

Why attack the person when you have a problem with specific things they are doing?

Drinking is fun. Keith is a drinker. If Chemda feels left out, there specific reasons for it and the broad topic of drink likely doesn't describe it. If Keith has been drinking more and running away to spend hours in the chat there are probably issues that he has with Chemda that he doesn't feel confident enough to address. Were talking about a woman who at one point said that their five+ year relationship would be in trouble if she didn't get to have a lesbian relationship on the side. I'd have trouble expressing my issues to her too.

Last edited by jeffdrafttech; 06-30-2009 at 06:18 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
hey keith - you're right about chemd's attitude - her tone was a bit mean and condesending. she knows and says she's coming from a good place, but she needs to stop saying shit like, "you're an alcohilic" over and over - that's not helpful. also, because chemda doesn't drink at all, any drinking by anyone is probably magnified beyond what it really is.

you're only an alcohilic if you can't not have a drink - not if you drink too much.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #73 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckydewbabe View Post
god i wonder if the show will be as funny if keet stops drinking?
no one reads me . .
Chemda needs to out-drink keet, a challenge just like the triathalon, a few solid weeks. When he sees her a blithering mess he'll have a moment of ~ nah, prolly not, he's too self absorbed, it'll just be a joke.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #74 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEadERest View Post
Keith has seen fit to take me to task in the LiveVid; I think he knows A) I can take it and 2) I enjoy it. But it is performance art, very entertaining.
To be clear, it's not a joke when I talk to and about you. You really do make everything creepy. (That's your denial.)
Old 06-30-2009, 07:49 PM   #75 (permalink)

I feel bad for Chemda because her boyfriend is an alcoholic and doesn't give a shit. I think I'm taking a break from listening.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRobert View Post
I feel bad for Chemda because her boyfriend is an alcoholic and doesn't give a shit. I think I'm taking a break from listening.
Is your finger hovering over the unsubscribe button?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #77 (permalink)

DrinkTracker iPhone App

I'm still drinking too much, but now I downloaded DrinkTracker for my iphone. Before my BAC was just something that happened. Now I can enter all my drinks and its like a video game.

I'm currently a 0.06, safe to drive

Last edited by MaxxedMan; 06-30-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #78 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
To be clear, it's not a joke when I talk to and about you. You really do make everything creepy. (That's your denial.)
(and that's your opinion)
Old 06-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #79 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I loved this show. The awkwardness reminded me of the Max episodes.

Keith, just think of all the new material you'd get from attending AA meetings. AA Monday?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
I think this test is a little unfair. I've been listening to Keith and the Girl quite some time and I've heard these interventions before. I do believe that Keith will back off for a while and slowly ramp up to his current level of drinking. This will trigger another intervention from Chemda. I predict we will have another show just like this one in about 9-12 months.
No shit. The only way for Keith to effectively deal with his alcoholism is to want to quit, and join AA or some twelve step group. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL he would do that. You can hear the disgust in his voice for groups like that. He'd have to stop all drinking immediately. He has no respect for Jess Joyce soberness and talks to JJ and other "sober" alcoholics like they are in a cult.

Chemda, if she didn't want to enable this,would have to quit the show to show she is serious and go back to clowning and/or ask him to leave until he cleans up. The only way to show she is serious is to make it hard for him to do the show.

But none of this will happen because that is no fun.